What Does it Mean When You Dream About Someone?

By on September 22, 2014

Dreams are mysterious. They open a realm of extreme curiosity and oddities that us as humans are always trying to decode. And when you throw certain people and events into the mix, dreams become all that more astonishing and questionable. What are these messages hidden in our dreams trying to tell us, anyways? If you’re wondering what it MIGHT mean when you dream about someone, here’s a few answers:

2b193f051640a0fce35da3d62ae16842

Dreaming About Someone:

Dreaming About Someone

There are many, many reasons why you might be dreaming about someone in particular. What is your subconscious mind trying to tell you? The simplest reason could be that you simply fell asleep while thinking about this certain person. It’s only natural that you thought about them while you fell asleep, and they found their way inside of your sleep pattern. Another simple reason is that you’ve been thinking about this person a lot– maybe even more than you should be. They’ve been on your mind for quite some time throughout the day, so of course they’d be in your thoughts in your subconscious dreams as well.

On the other hand, your dream might not even be about this person. It may be something much deeper. For instance, you might be dreaming about certain qualities this person’s personality: you are going through a stressful period in your life, and this person was a stressful impact in your life. Therefore, you’re dreaming about this stressful individual as a result of what’s going in your life at this moment. Your dream could also represent the relationship you had with someone. For example: maybe you had a very pleasant relationship with this individual, which may occur if you’ve entered into another great relationship with another person or you’re simply at a peaceful time in your life.

Dreaming About Someone You Like:

Dreaming about someone you like

It’s not uncommon to dream about someone you’re interested in. After all, you’re probably thinking about them heavily on and off throughout the day, so of course they’re going to come into the realm of dreams. However, pay close attention to what happens IN the dream. For example: Did they like you back? This means that you are secure in yourself and have confidence. You may even have enough confidence to believe they like you back, which means you’re ready to take the next step towards advancing the two of yours relationship.

On the other hand, if they didn’t like you back, this could be a signal that you are unconfident and believe you will be rejected by this certain someone.

Dreaming About Someone You Love:

Dreaming about someone you love

When you dream about someone you are in love with, it’s important to pay close attention to what happens in your dream. Dreaming about someone you love, more often than not, will show you how deep your love and passion is with this individual. For instance: if you’re dream is nothing but happiness and joy, the two of you hand in hand on a romantic date, then it’s fair to say you have a deep connection with your partner. On the other hand, if there’s lots of fighting and instability, it could be a sign that you’re losing the connection with this certain someone. If you’re dreaming about your partner being with someone else, it could mean that you don’t feel as passionate as you once did with this person. However, although this type of dream is sure to stir up some unhappy emotions, it’s important to remember that it’s just a dream- no matter how vivid it was. Look to find the root of why you dreamt your lover with another person and build from that.

Dreaming About Someone Who Has Passed:

Dreaming about someone who has passed

These dreams could either represent something very positive, or something negative. It all depends on what happened in the dream. For starters, a deceased person whom you were close to may visit you in a dream to offer you some comfort and closure. Did you have an issue with this person before they died? Maybe that issue was resolved at some point during your dream. Are you going through a rough patch in your life? Maybe this person has returned to give you some great comfort and give you some guidance on what you should do next.

There are some spiritual theories that suggest some deceased individuals will return to disclose the location and reason of their death to those closest to them. For example: was this individual found dead but the killer was never found? They may disclose to you who did it. Was their body never found? They may tell you where the body was hidden. Depending on circumstances, it might be an insight that needs to be followed up with authorities.

Dreaming About Someone in a Sexual Way:

Dreaming about someone in a sexual way

This type of dream, otherwise known to some individuals as “wet dreams” have an obvious reason: the individual is turned on to a certain extent and needs an outlet for their passions and desires. Now, it’s important to know that having a sexual dream about someone in particular doesn’t always mean you’re attracted to or even want to engage in that behavior with said person. It’s simply a way for sexual emotions to be outpoured and the person may vary. For example: just because you had a sexual dream involving your boss, doesn’t mean you’re sexually attracted or interested in him. You’ve been around him all day long, so of course he’s on your mind to a certain extent. Your subconscious paired the two and left you with such a dream. (But of course, if you’re dreaming about someone you’re interested in it could very well mean that you’re attracted to them and fulfilling your passion and relieving sexual tension through a dream).

Dreaming About Someone Famous:

Dreaming about someone famous

There’s a couple of reasons why you might have a dream involving someone famous. The first most common interpretation is that you wish to better yourself or do what this individual is doing. For example: if you’re dreaming about a football star on your favorite team, you might want to become a football player and try to make your way to the top (or simply play for fun). On the other hand, dreaming about someone famous is also a way for us to get over disappointments in our lives: something big happened that let you down, but dreaming about this famous somebody who’s done something amazing gives us hope and happiness for the future.

Other Reasons You Might Dream About Someone

Other Reasons You Might Dream About Someone

Sometimes when you dream about someone- no matter who it is- it has absolutely no correlation to the actually individual. Sometimes these people are there to symbolize things you’re feeling or things that are going on in your life. Sometimes these dreams are meant to help you see through problems, get over a bad experience, or bring you hope and joy. Never read too deep into the actual person- pay more attention to what is going on in the dream and how the dream made you felt. As we all know, dreams can be incredibly real sometimes- and sometimes that’s exactly what we need to see through situations or feeling in our current lives.

What’s the craziest, weirdest, or most wonderful dream you’ve had involving a certain someone? What do you think the dream meant, and how did it make you feel?

VNA

January 31, 2019 at 10:55 pm

I’ve recently been dreaming about this guy I once talked to but the latest one was that he had found out I was with someone else, and he apologized for what he did and asked if I could give him another chance. He said that he was willing to change or do anything to get me back.

February 2, 2019 at 2:48 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your social and emotional desires. If you are not in a relationship at this time, then determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. You may nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, VNA!

Shaan arora

January 28, 2019 at 1:05 am

I frequently see my ex girlfriend in dreams and I see her always in a very good mood, I mean, I and she appear to be very good friends in dream….Can u pls explain what is all this, since we are not in speaking terms anymore?

January 28, 2019 at 7:05 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your previous emotional relationship with your ex. Something in your life may have caused these dreams to manifest. Since the two of you are no longer speaking, you should allow thoughts of your ex to fade. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will ensure that you draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Shaan!

Search

January 27, 2019 at 10:43 pm

I had an enemy when I was a child. We simply hated each other like children often hate each other. But when we grew up, the enemity vanished but we never became friends.now m in a stressful time and an equally stressful relationship and I have dreamt about that person quite often, and he is no longer an enemy but wants to be friends with me.what does this mean. I m not in contact with that person, I last saw him 5 years ago. Why is he repeatedly coming in my dreams

January 28, 2019 at 6:19 pm

You are currently in a stressful relationship. You should determine what you want for the future of your current relationship. If this relationship ends, then make a decision about what you want for your future. If you make the decision to become single, then you may find benefit in reaching out to this person from your life. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Search!

Hello

January 24, 2019 at 3:16 pm

So I liked this guy in primary school. I never told him how I felt. We went to different secondary schools so I ended up forgetting about him. I left school recently & I ended up having a dream about him but I can’t stop thinking about him after the dream. The dream was me & him talking like normal folks but he started to choke on food but I saved him in time. Then I woke up? Should I meet this guy? Or just forget about him?

January 25, 2019 at 11:21 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your previous emotional connection with him. Something in your life may have caused this dream to manifest. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Decide what you believe is viable. If you want to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, then reach out to him. Regardless of your decision, ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Hello!

Hmm

January 24, 2019 at 6:54 am

So I liked this guy in primary school, I never told him. We went to different secondary schools so I forgot about him. When I left school (recently) I had a dream about him, I couldn’t stop thinking about him and still can’t. In my dream, we were talking as normal folks but he ended up choking on something but I saved him before dying but I woke up from my dream. Should I get contact with him? Or just forget about him?

January 24, 2019 at 11:07 pm

Something in your life reminded you of him. Your previous social connection may have manifested in this dream. Determine what you want for your future. Decide what you believe is appropriate. If you want to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, then reach out to him. It may be possible that he is interested in nourishing a relationship with you as well. Have a great day, Hmm!

Jordyn

January 23, 2019 at 8:45 pm

i had a dream that my ex was involved in. we’ve been broken up for quite a while now and i haven’t seen much of him since then, but we do talk when we get the chance. i dreamt that i was laying out in the middle of the street, no cars around, near my old high school and he showed up. it was all in black and white but i distinctly remember him wearing a purple shirt. i sat up, and he laid down with me, laying his head in my lap. i don’t remember what we talked about but the one line i do remember is him saying “isn’t it funny how we always find our way back to each other?” and he stood up. he then proceeded to walk me to the sidewalk and stepped back out into the road, which he then got hit and killed by a moving car. could you please explain this?

January 24, 2019 at 10:34 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your previous emotional connection with your ex. The two of you are no longer in a relationship. The death of your ex is a reflection of your knowledge that your relationship has changed. Allow thoughts of him to fade. Determine what you want for your future without him. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Jordyn!

Kristen

January 17, 2019 at 9:57 am

I dreamt of being on a vacation boat, with a few familiar faces like; my ex, some female friends,my dog, somebody I love and his girlfriend. I found it strange that my ex tried talking to me after all this time, but I looked different, my body matured and my hair grew longer, my skin was radient and that attracted him. Fast-forwarding! For a moment I found myself in a room talking to the person I love girlfriend, however I’m not sure what was said. Before I know it, he walked in on us and I ran out. She still had no clue who I was, but I didn’t bother explain myself nor cause problems for them. I found myself enjoying the view from the boat,which was quite peaceful and in that very moment he bumped into me. I don’t know how, but I casted a spell on him to forget who I was in his memory, but not in his heart. He tried to understand who I was, but it was too painful to explain myself, nor did I want to hurt her. So I cast a spell between us so we wouldn’t bump into each other any more,nor would I feel the pain. Can you tell me what that means please?

January 17, 2019 at 11:08 pm

Your dream was a reflection of the wide variety of social influences that you have in your life. The spell in your dream may be a manifestation of your desire to protect your own emotions. You likely are interested in developing a relationship with this person, but you are aware that he is in a relationship. Do not attempt to develop a romantic relationship with him at this time, though it is always beneficial to share your kindness and compassion. If his relationship naturally ends and he reaches out to you in the future, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Kristen!

Hailey

January 12, 2019 at 6:34 pm

I have been dating someone for two years now but there’s a guy that’s been in my dreams & were good friends I’ve had two one was that we kissed & he told my boyfriend causeing us to break up & the other was that I was sneaking around with him romantically without my boyfriend knowing. Any thoughts?? I have also had quite a few dreams about murdering people??

January 12, 2019 at 10:05 pm

Your dreams seem to be reflections of lust and violence. You have dreamed about cheating on your partner. You have dreamed about murder. These dreams should influence you in your waking life. Abstain from consuming violent and dramatic media. Reduce your interactions with negative people. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will bring you many benefits in the future. Have a great day, Hailey!

Ellie

January 8, 2019 at 4:27 am

I had a dream of someone i don’t know but i occasionally see him, and in my dream we were happy together while holding hands. What does this mean?

January 8, 2019 at 7:29 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your desire to establish a new relationship. Your social and emotional desires may be manifested in the hand holding within your dream. This may be a sign that you want to develop an intimate and healthy relationship. Allow this dream to influence you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. This will help bring positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Ellie!

Ellie

January 8, 2019 at 4:27 am

January 8, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Millie

January 5, 2019 at 9:25 am

I had a dream that I moved into a haunted house and ended up falling in love with one of the ghosts. He would become more solid at some points and he sad that he loved me back. At the end he ended up leaving the house and this other ghost punished me for falling in love with him.

January 5, 2019 at 5:32 pm

Your dream may be a sign that you are concerned about your past. Ghosts are often reflections of our previous social or emotional relationships. Look back throughout your life and see if this dream may be a manifestation of your experiences. Ensure that you share your positive energy at all times. This will draw positive people into your life. Have a great day, Millie!

Millie

January 5, 2019 at 9:22 am

I had a dream that I moved into house and it turned out to be haunted and I fell in love with one of the ghosts but he always ended up leaving at important times, and then this other ghost kept punishing me because I liked him.

January 5, 2019 at 5:27 pm

Julie Kaplan

December 16, 2018 at 6:34 pm

I was going through a dark time in my life with my family after the passing of my Dad whom I was so very close to. He died in 2003 and this dream took place 2 yrs ago (2016). I dreamt about my sister still not wanting to talk to me and I was crying my eyes out trying to talk to her but being rejected. In a split second my dad appeared and just said to me “sis, this isn’t your fault”. I wondered why after not dreaming about him for years why at that moment he still was so supportive and loved me from heaven enough for me to hear those words. He quickly disappeared and I woke up sobbing. I just wonder did he come see me?

December 16, 2018 at 10:05 pm

This dream is a reflection of your emotional connection with your late father. The emotional turmoil that you felt in your dream was caused by a feeling that you may have had in regards to your action. Your father manifested with a loving word. This is a positive sign. Allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade. Share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will honor the memory of your father. Have a great day, Julie!

Gary

December 9, 2018 at 1:50 pm

I still, every once in a while, dream about my first love. In the dream, we end up getting back together and renew our relationship. It is weird, because it was a long time ago (in the late 70s and early 80s). When I wake up, once or twice, I thought it had happened. Our friends thought we would get married at the time, but if we did I am sure I would have ruined it. I have since had 2 divorces.

December 10, 2018 at 4:32 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your emotional and social connection with your first love. These dreams are common. If you are not currently in a relationship and you believe that it would be appropriate for you to reach out to her, then determine what you want for your future. You may find benefit in speaking with her about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Gary!

Blaire

November 28, 2018 at 8:01 am

So my dreams are about this guy i talked to over the summer and was really attached and obessed with him and now i dont and
    Like one dream i had when i was still talking to him.. it was about him like moving away and not telling me and and then i get to know by something he left behind.. ans i find him somewhere outside my building unconcious and whne he gets better in the ambulence i confront him and end up crying that why didnt he tell me about it and he is lost for words saying he is forced and.. comforts me

Thr second one was about him getting accepted into my family he stayed in a flat on top of the house and came down and dad like asked him to stay and everyone was enjoying his company..
    After this dream happened we couldnt talk to each other dur to problems and so we stoped .. and thne i wanna forget him but i cant and he came to another dream of mines but i cant remember that now

November 29, 2018 at 8:05 pm

The behaviors of this person in your dream may be a reflections of his actions in your waking life. It is possible that the media you consume has caused these dreams to manifest. You are no longer obsessed with him, so allow thoughts of him to fade. If he reaches out to you in the future, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Blaire!

Blaire

November 30, 2018 at 12:36 am

Im not sure if i still am or not.. i mean my hear still skips a beat when i see his name or.. if i see him online.. but since we cant talk.. it hurts a lil.. and my hands shook the first time after we stoped talking i saw him online.. how do i move on from him.. i tried letting go of the feeling even deleted my media from where i could see him or contact him.. but like.. he still the person who i think of the most..

December 2, 2018 at 12:11 pm

You made the decision to delete your social media presence because of this person. This is a clear indication that you have moved on from this person. Continue to remove him from your thoughts, as you make the decision to focus your energy on him in a manner that is not helpful to your social situation. Determine what you want without him, and change your behaviors to move you in that direction. Have a great day, Blaire!

Blaire

December 3, 2018 at 11:18 am

i tried, but uptil now everything is hard, im not stable anymore, i have break downs almost everywhere, and thoughts about self harm and he still haunts my thoughts…my grades priorites everything is MESSED UP!?

December 3, 2018 at 6:52 pm

You are aware of the impact that your emotional relationship with this person is having on your life. Since you have acknowledged this, you should take this opportunity to change your behaviors. Allow thoughts of this person to fade. Focus your emotional energy elsewhere. You are aware that you need to focus on your grades, so make the determination to do so. Please share more of your experiences and insights in the future. Have a great day, Blaire!

blaire

December 9, 2018 at 6:14 am

thank u..but how do i do that? i mean i came back to this page becasue i thought of him last night… He helped through my vulnerable times and whne i was lonely…

December 9, 2018 at 11:53 am

Our responses are based on the information and thoughts that you share in your comment. You have thought of him again. You feel secure and comfortable with him. Allow your dreams and connection with him to influence your decision making process. Take whatever action you feel is appropriate. Have a great day, Blaire!

blaire

December 10, 2018 at 7:08 am

ok thank u..but then there is a problem.. people tell me to move away and on from him… what do i do…

December 10, 2018 at 4:28 pm

There are people in your life who feel that you should move on from him. They likely care about you and want to see you in a safe relationship. It sounds like there are many influences in your life at this time. Speak with your friends and family about your thoughts and feelings. They may be able to give you the advice that you are seeking. Have a great day, Blaire!

Ana

November 20, 2018 at 11:13 am

I had a dream the other night that was a bit too strange. Most of the time I dream, I am not in my own body but somebody’s else’s, this time I was a lady and the events happened in the medieval times. I had to get married to a monster because I was cursed by a witch, the monster was obsessed with me even since the curse and he would not leave me leave. I eventually fall in love with a guy that has very beautiful qualities and we tried to escape, however the monster found us eventually so I had to give up on escaping with the ”love of my life” and went back to live with the monster. Time passed and ”I” grew old, when I was living my last days the witch appears. She told me that I could of killed the fire that the monster had long time ago but I decided to feed it instead. After I felt a feel of acceptance but also regret because I did not try to fight back the monster but I surrender and lived unhappy instead.

November 20, 2018 at 7:55 pm

This dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. You may find benefit in turning some of these dreams into books or movies, as they certainly are imaginative. It seems as though each dream has a moral, so allow them to influence your behaviors in a positive direction. Continue to share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Ana!

Ana

November 20, 2018 at 11:12 am

November 20, 2018 at 7:55 pm

Irvin

November 15, 2018 at 12:10 am

I had a dream with a girl I knew on a group chat on messenger we had a really beautiful friendship but things changed so quickly I didn’t know anything about her for like 2 days n then I was going thru my Facebook n I see a post that showed her and a guy n it said they started a relationship and I felt sad kinda angry because she had told me she wanted to know me have a relationship n then make a family together she told me this way before i saw the post things escalated I let my self go by my anger and messaged her mom to ask about her cuz I was worried and she tells me all these things then i wrote something on her timeline and wrote things i shouldn’t never wrote she calls me saying how much I embarrassed her n her man she was kinda crying then soposly she said no matter what we will still be friends we only had visual contact by video chat on messenger so after all that happened she lasted quite a while in my Facebook one day I go on messenger to message her and noticed that she was no longer a contact on my messenger I thought she erased her Facebook but I went to the same group chat where we met and she was still a member in the group and I was on a video call with other friends on the group chat and all of a sudden she enters the group chat and that’s where I noticed she just blocked me on Facebook trust me theirs a thousand things I can’t understand but everything I wrote is not the dream. that was real no here we go with dream it was a weird dream but what I can remember is that We were like on an island and the girl I’m talking about was in the dream n the man who ruled the territory grabbed her by the arms brought her close to the bay and I remember that they were going to take her life away burning her down as a punishment but as they came closer to me I stoped them and asked them to have a few last words with her they granted it and i remember seeing her look at me with tears in her eyes and I bursted in tears I remember telling her I always loved you I wish u didn’t have to go this hurts so much I going to miss you so much I hugged her like never before feeling so broken then they proceeded to her punishment walking fords the flames I didn’t get to see her get burnt a lot of other things happened that I don’t remember please help me understand cuz it’s just terring me apart

November 16, 2018 at 7:47 pm

Your statement is not clear regarding what aspects of your comment took place in a dream and what took place in your waking life. If this happened in your dream, but the two of you are still friends, then nourish your relationship with her by spending additional time with her in person. If this happened in your waking life, then give her the space that she requires. If she reaches out to you in the future, then speak with her at that time. Have a great day, Irvin!

Theresa

November 14, 2018 at 3:38 pm

I went to sleep and woke up the same way I was when I was awake, same position room looked completely the same it was realistic. There was a voice in my head saying things I can’t really remember and I felt my pillow raise up as if someone was taking my phone from under my pillow. I couldn’t move or talk at all. I tried so hard to move and couldn’t move and tried yelling for my parents and couldn’t. I then finally moved out of my bed. But I seen myself laying there in my bed. I was out of my body and I seen my dad and was trying to talk to him but he didn’t acknowledge me. Then there was another “soul” and the voice said the better soul gets to keep my body. Finally towards the end I was back in my bed and the voice said welcome back, and I tried to move and actually moved. I was creeped out and went to sleep in my parents room. I don’t know if it was real or now, but it felt so real, and what would the meaning to that dream be?

November 14, 2018 at 8:41 pm

Your experience, real or illusory, is a positive dream. You are aware of this spiritual event, and you will benefit from it. This positive soul is yourself, and you have grown. It is important that you allow this to guide you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. It is certain that you will have many interactions in your near future that will shape your future. Have a great day, Theresa!

Gift

November 9, 2018 at 3:35 am

I always dream of this guy… I think I’m in love with him and he told me likes me too… Y do u think I always dream of him cos its different with oda guys I’ve liked b4. I’ve neva dreamt of dem

November 11, 2018 at 11:43 pm

You are aware that this dream is different than normal. You may be interested in nourishing a relationship with him. Your dream may have been a manifestation of your feelings. Allow this dream to guide you to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Strengthen your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Gift!