What Does it Mean When You Dream About Someone?

By on September 22, 2014

Dreams are mysterious. They open a realm of extreme curiosity and oddities that us as humans are always trying to decode. And when you throw certain people and events into the mix, dreams become all that more astonishing and questionable. What are these messages hidden in our dreams trying to tell us, anyways? If you’re wondering what it MIGHT mean when you dream about someone, here’s a few answers:

2b193f051640a0fce35da3d62ae16842

Dreaming About Someone:

Dreaming About Someone

There are many, many reasons why you might be dreaming about someone in particular. What is your subconscious mind trying to tell you? The simplest reason could be that you simply fell asleep while thinking about this certain person. It’s only natural that you thought about them while you fell asleep, and they found their way inside of your sleep pattern. Another simple reason is that you’ve been thinking about this person a lot– maybe even more than you should be. They’ve been on your mind for quite some time throughout the day, so of course they’d be in your thoughts in your subconscious dreams as well.

On the other hand, your dream might not even be about this person. It may be something much deeper. For instance, you might be dreaming about certain qualities this person’s personality: you are going through a stressful period in your life, and this person was a stressful impact in your life. Therefore, you’re dreaming about this stressful individual as a result of what’s going in your life at this moment. Your dream could also represent the relationship you had with someone. For example: maybe you had a very pleasant relationship with this individual, which may occur if you’ve entered into another great relationship with another person or you’re simply at a peaceful time in your life.

Dreaming About Someone You Like:

Dreaming about someone you like

It’s not uncommon to dream about someone you’re interested in. After all, you’re probably thinking about them heavily on and off throughout the day, so of course they’re going to come into the realm of dreams. However, pay close attention to what happens IN the dream. For example: Did they like you back? This means that you are secure in yourself and have confidence. You may even have enough confidence to believe they like you back, which means you’re ready to take the next step towards advancing the two of yours relationship.

On the other hand, if they didn’t like you back, this could be a signal that you are unconfident and believe you will be rejected by this certain someone.

Dreaming About Someone You Love:

Dreaming about someone you love

When you dream about someone you are in love with, it’s important to pay close attention to what happens in your dream. Dreaming about someone you love, more often than not, will show you how deep your love and passion is with this individual. For instance: if you’re dream is nothing but happiness and joy, the two of you hand in hand on a romantic date, then it’s fair to say you have a deep connection with your partner. On the other hand, if there’s lots of fighting and instability, it could be a sign that you’re losing the connection with this certain someone. If you’re dreaming about your partner being with someone else, it could mean that you don’t feel as passionate as you once did with this person. However, although this type of dream is sure to stir up some unhappy emotions, it’s important to remember that it’s just a dream- no matter how vivid it was. Look to find the root of why you dreamt your lover with another person and build from that.

Dreaming About Someone Who Has Passed:

Dreaming about someone who has passed

These dreams could either represent something very positive, or something negative. It all depends on what happened in the dream. For starters, a deceased person whom you were close to may visit you in a dream to offer you some comfort and closure. Did you have an issue with this person before they died? Maybe that issue was resolved at some point during your dream. Are you going through a rough patch in your life? Maybe this person has returned to give you some great comfort and give you some guidance on what you should do next.

There are some spiritual theories that suggest some deceased individuals will return to disclose the location and reason of their death to those closest to them. For example: was this individual found dead but the killer was never found? They may disclose to you who did it. Was their body never found? They may tell you where the body was hidden. Depending on circumstances, it might be an insight that needs to be followed up with authorities.

Dreaming About Someone in a Sexual Way:

Dreaming about someone in a sexual way

This type of dream, otherwise known to some individuals as “wet dreams” have an obvious reason: the individual is turned on to a certain extent and needs an outlet for their passions and desires. Now, it’s important to know that having a sexual dream about someone in particular doesn’t always mean you’re attracted to or even want to engage in that behavior with said person. It’s simply a way for sexual emotions to be outpoured and the person may vary. For example: just because you had a sexual dream involving your boss, doesn’t mean you’re sexually attracted or interested in him. You’ve been around him all day long, so of course he’s on your mind to a certain extent. Your subconscious paired the two and left you with such a dream. (But of course, if you’re dreaming about someone you’re interested in it could very well mean that you’re attracted to them and fulfilling your passion and relieving sexual tension through a dream).

Dreaming About Someone Famous:

Dreaming about someone famous

There’s a couple of reasons why you might have a dream involving someone famous. The first most common interpretation is that you wish to better yourself or do what this individual is doing. For example: if you’re dreaming about a football star on your favorite team, you might want to become a football player and try to make your way to the top (or simply play for fun). On the other hand, dreaming about someone famous is also a way for us to get over disappointments in our lives: something big happened that let you down, but dreaming about this famous somebody who’s done something amazing gives us hope and happiness for the future.

Other Reasons You Might Dream About Someone

Other Reasons You Might Dream About Someone

Sometimes when you dream about someone- no matter who it is- it has absolutely no correlation to the actually individual. Sometimes these people are there to symbolize things you’re feeling or things that are going on in your life. Sometimes these dreams are meant to help you see through problems, get over a bad experience, or bring you hope and joy. Never read too deep into the actual person- pay more attention to what is going on in the dream and how the dream made you felt. As we all know, dreams can be incredibly real sometimes- and sometimes that’s exactly what we need to see through situations or feeling in our current lives.

What’s the craziest, weirdest, or most wonderful dream you’ve had involving a certain someone? What do you think the dream meant, and how did it make you feel?

1. Muhammad Mubeen

November 9, 2018 at 2:44 am

I had a dream about a relative girl. I had never thought about her before but after that dream it makes me constantly think about her, I mean that dream keeps coming to my mind.
    In my dream I saw that I was sitting in tv lounge of there house and saw her going towards her room, her back was towards me.
    And second impression I have is that she was also sitting there in lounge, so was I and our elders too,but she stood and went in to her room.
    And important thing is that, dreams rarely come to me, almost negligible.
    So, can you please explain to me this event. I tried alot to forget this event but it constantly comes to my mind.

November 11, 2018 at 11:41 pm

This dream was about a relative. It is normal to feel a strong emotional and social connection with members of your family. Ensure that those feelings remain appropriate for your relationship. Determine what you want for your romantic future without her, though continue to share your kindness and compassion with her at all times. Have a great day, Muhammad!

2. jacque

November 7, 2018 at 11:16 pm

i had a dream about a boy who i never liked but we have been friends and the things we were doing in the dream looked like we were together

November 11, 2018 at 10:33 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social relationship with that person. You may be interested in nourishing a new emotional relationship. The person in your dream may be a reflection of someone else in your life, or a sign that you are interested in strengthening an old relationship. Determine what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Jacque!

3. Elle

November 7, 2018 at 4:20 pm

I have a dream of my classmate. He confessed his feelings for me. But, I rejected him because I don’t want to have a boyfriend. When in real life, we’re just friends. Please help me interpret

November 7, 2018 at 9:20 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional and social connection with your classmate. You may have feeling for him. Hie behaviors may have manifested in your dream. You may not be interested in nourishing a relationship. You may find that your feelings will change. Ensure that you continue to share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Elle!

4. Sam

November 4, 2018 at 10:06 am

Have a dream about my guy bestfriend and in the dream I’m always thinking that he loves me but doesn’t exactly say it to me, When i’m the one who says I love you to him. What does this mean?

November 4, 2018 at 8:02 pm

This dream is a reflection of your strong social and emotional relationship with your guy best friend. It is likely that you want to spend additional time with person. It is possible that he shares similar feelings toward you. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with him at all times. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to do the same. Have a great day, Sam!

5. Mari

October 31, 2018 at 10:42 am

I dreamed of my husband’s family that he believes is financially stable and makes smart choices having done something illegal that he doesn’t know about that endangers us.

October 31, 2018 at 7:19 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your knowledge of the potential connections between financial success and illegal behaviors. The media that you consume may have manifested in your dream as well. Allow this dream to guide you to ensure that your actions are ethical, as this will secure you in ways that financial security can not. Have a great day, Mari!

6. Blah

October 28, 2018 at 8:30 pm

I keep on dreaming about my guy bestfriend before (because we in the present were not friends anymore) and my dream always have the taught of him kissing me or hugging me.What does it mean? I really feel bothered about this dream.

October 28, 2018 at 8:47 pm

The two of you are no longer friends, so you may find benefit in allowing this dream to fade. Your memories and thoughts have caused this dream to manifest. Your previous relationship with him may have caused each of you to exhibit these behaviors in your dream. If this relationship is no longer viable, then do not reach out to him. If you want to speak with him, then reach out to him. Have a great day, Blah!

7. Dave

October 27, 2018 at 8:37 am

I had a dream of a girl but i didn’t have an idea of who is she. In my dream i have a crush on her but i didn’t know her. In the reality i didn’t encountered her but it’s a big question for me of who is she and why she appear in my dream?

October 28, 2018 at 8:08 pm

The person in your dream may be a reflection of the various people in your life. She may also be a memory or a figment of the future. Allow this dream to guide you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will ensure that you draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Dave!

8. Kami

October 27, 2018 at 8:23 am

So on and off I have a dream about someone that I have had passed feelings with and in my dreams it’s always them trying to spill there feelings to me but without actually speaking and come to think about it in my dream they never really talk I find out by other ppl or in messages not sure what to bring about this help !!

October 27, 2018 at 7:28 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your previous emotional and social connection with this person. It sounds as though you are uncertain about your current feelings. Take this opportunity to determine what you want for your future. If you want to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, then do so. If not, then allow thoughts of him to fade. Have a great day, Kami!

9. tim

October 23, 2018 at 7:51 pm

i had a dream about getting raped by someone, what does this mean.
    Pls help

October 23, 2018 at 8:56 pm

This dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. The media that you consume may have manifested in your dreams. Abstain from consuming violent and dramatic media. Support those in your life who have been sexually assaulted. Allow this dream to guide you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. If you or someone else in your life is harmed, then speak with law enforcement about the events. Have a great day, Tim!

• tim

October 28, 2018 at 9:33 pm

A thousand blessings on your soul 🙂

October 29, 2018 at 8:47 pm

Thank you for your positive comment. We always appreciate when members of our community share their supportive thoughts. Have a great day, Tim!

10. Quynton

October 22, 2018 at 2:08 am

When I have a good dream a random girl I don’t know from my past come’s up to me and says she will always love me she would disappear.

October 22, 2018 at 8:51 pm

This dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. It is possible that you want to nourish an emotional relationship. This person may be a manifestation of someone who may be in your future. Allow this dream to guide you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. This will help manifest positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Quynton!

11. Zyrone

October 19, 2018 at 4:22 pm

They say if my crush appeared in my dream she miss or like me

October 20, 2018 at 12:52 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. It is possible that your crush has similar feelings for you. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with her about your thoughts and feelings. Strengthen your relationship by spending additional time with her in person. Have a great day, Zyrone!

12. Zyrone

October 19, 2018 at 4:21 pm

They say if if my crush is on my dream she also crush me back is this true?

October 20, 2018 at 12:51 pm

13. Khei

October 19, 2018 at 12:43 am

What if unexpectedly I dream about my teacher when we are close before but now we are not that close anymore?

October 20, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your previous social connection with your teacher. The two of you are less close because the two of you have not nourished a relationship as the time has passed. If you respect your teacher, then there is always benefit in sharing your appreciation. Sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life will honor the memory of your teacher. Have a great day, Khei!

14. Ashish Ranjan

October 17, 2018 at 8:54 pm

I always dream about my crush , but she don’t love me . She hate me . But she always come in my dream and live like we both are bf and gf. I am no getting what does it mean and what should i do , anyone please help me out…..

October 18, 2018 at 10:54 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your social and emotional connection with your crush. You have stated that she hates you, and this is likely an acknowledgment of her behaviors or statements. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Decide what you believe is appropriate and viable. You may strengthen your relationship by spending additional time with her in person. Have a great day, Ashish!

15. Heavy

October 16, 2018 at 4:31 am

I had a dream about a man I used to blame two years ago, I had a dream of him driving me into a Caffè in the beach of the city I live in explaining the way our relationship should be like and I should think about it at the moment I left the Caffè and saw next to the door a river on the street and the weather is raining I went back to the Caffè and told him we should go, he asked if I agreed I got out from the Caffè and he followed me it was raining we hided ourselves with my bag running to his car.
    Please what does this mean!

October 18, 2018 at 9:21 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your social and emotional connection with this person. It is possible that you are interested in nourishing a romantic relationship at this time. Determine what you want for your future. Decide if you believe whether or not this relationship is viable. You may find benefit in speaking with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Heavy!

16. Jess

October 11, 2018 at 6:21 pm

So I had a dream about me and my former crush in Japan exploring the country, until we end up in a mall. We were with all of my friends from my church. But when he and I sit on a couch in a cafe, he starts to cuddle in my arms like we were boyfriend and girlfriend. I didn’t have a crush on him for a long time, but I’ve been having dreams about him lately. Not like everyday, but like once in a while. I have no idea what my dream is telling me. Do I start to like him again, or should I keep avoiding him like I used too. Please help me find out what my dream means.

October 12, 2018 at 8:07 pm

There may be various reasons for these dreams to manifest. Something in your life may have caused you to think about him. You may feel a strong social or emotional connection with him. Take this time to determine what you want for the future of this relationship. You will strengthen your relationship y spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Jess!

17. Dakota Phillips

October 10, 2018 at 11:54 pm

i had a dream of my mom (who is passed away), my daughter, boyfriend,some older man i didnt know, and myself driving into a river or lake. The older man says something about blood and then my mom coughs and says there s blood. we go under water but not drowning just felt hard to breath. When we get to the other side of the water it was just me, my boyfriend, and daughter. We were running for our lives. Any ideal was this means?? Thank you..

October 12, 2018 at 7:31 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of a variety of influences in your life. You will find benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. The blood may be a manifestation of your knowledge that your mother had passed. Allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Dakota!

18. Mallory Lewandowski

October 9, 2018 at 11:48 am

I had a dream about a boy at school who protected me from bad people at my school. He treated me like I was his girlfriend and I was confused. Then at night we had sex at his house. What does this mean, does he like me? Do I like him? I need help!

October 10, 2018 at 12:03 am

Your dreams are reflections of your social and emotional connections and desires. It is possible that you want to develop a relationship at this time. There may be someone in your life who wants to nourish a relationship with you. Determine what you want for your future. Strengthen your relationships by spending additional time with each other in person. Have a great day, Mallory!

19. Mallory Lewandowski

October 9, 2018 at 11:45 am

I had a dream that a boy at school loved me and made sure I was protected from bad people at my school. Then night came and we had sex at his house. The weird thing is after I had the dream, i feel a little different like maybe he likes me or maybe I should like him. can someone help!

October 10, 2018 at 12:03 am

20. Cami

October 9, 2018 at 4:51 am

Okay, I’ve had this dream for a while. I’m at this Minecraft world with a lot of other people and then suddenly I’m at Costco(I think?) and I find this dog. The dog leads me to my family and then they(my family) vanish. Then I get lost and the dog is no where to be seen. Then this boy that looks like he’s my age says if I’m lost. I say yes and he leads me to this McDonalds. He looks like he’s about to say something but I wake up at that part not knowing what he wanted to say. Then I realize the boy had the exact same personality as my crush. Please help me understand what this means!

October 9, 2018 at 11:31 pm

Your dream is a reflection of the influences in your life. Mincraft, friends, animals, and food may be important in your life. Allow these dreams to influence you in a positive direction. There is much to be gained by sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Perhaps take this as an opportunity to spend additional time with your family and friends. Have a great day, Cami!