What Does It Mean When You Dream About Someone Trying to Hurt You?

By on May 9, 2018

They say that dreams are your mind’s way of trying to tell you something — a message from the deep subconscious. Not everyone believes that, of course, but even those who believe dreams mean nothing at all, will still feel uncomfortable after waking from a bad one.

Dreams of Being Attacked

Being attacked can mean in both a physical or a mental way — either full-on altercations with someone or being attacked in a verbal form, via internet trolling, for example.

Both of these — physical altercations and cyber-bullying — can leave a person feeling victimised and as though the people around them are trying to attack them. If you are currently experiencing a similar situation in real life, your dreams could just be projected thoughts and fears — what you worry about happening in real life.

In many cases, when you dream of being attacked, it isn’t because you are physically or mentally being attacked by someone else, but more that there is an ‘attack’ or battle going on within yourself. You could be battling with a lack of control, for example, which is making you feel vulnerable and almost prey-like.

Being attacked in a dream could also mean that you are feeling defensive about something. Perhaps there is a little situation going on in your life that you feel like everyone else is trying to destroy, but you are trying to save and protect. One might feel this way when family or friends disapprove of a dating choice, or with other life decisions.

Who Started It?

When you take a look at the bigger picture, you may realise that it isn’t YOU being attacked, but rather someone else being defensive as a result of your attacking actions. If you started the attack, again, it doesn’t mean that you are going to physically attack someone, but more that you are self-sabotaging — giving everything up for the sake of a new relationship, perhaps? Self-sabotage can come in many forms, but if you feel conflicted about a situation, not knowing whether or not it is the right one for you, that could be the reason you are dreaming of being attacked.

How Are You Being Attacked?

The smaller components of a dream can often make up the bigger picture, so you will want to pay close attention to HOW you are being attacked in the dream, and not just by whom.

Dreaming about being stabbed, for example, can often mean that you are going through a tough situation — stressful times.

Dreaming about being stabbed in the back, on the other hand, can mean that you are stabbing yourself in the back — ignoring your own gut instinct or voice to do something that might not be a great choice for you.

What Does It Mean When You Dream About Someone Trying to Hurt You? 1

Being chased in a dream can mean something else entirely from being stabbed. If someone is chasing you with the intention of attacking you (or that is what you believe), it could mean that you are running away from something you should be dealing with in a more head-on way. Maybe you are avoiding conflicts with friends because you just don’t want to ruin their relationship and tell them that their boyfriend is playing away?

Who is Attacking You?

Going back to the dreams of being stabbed, the person who is doing the hurtful action can portray a message. Being stabbed or attacked by a partner could mean that you feel betrayed by that person, although, it might not mean in quite the way you think. Yes, there is a chance that you feel insecure and suspect that your partner may be playing away, but there is also a bigger chance that your dream is trying to reflect a slightly different message. Maybe your partner is doing something that you don’t agree with, and you have decided to keep your mouth shut about it? Or you haven’t yet brought it up with him and are scared to?

Again, dreams are usually a reflection of what is going on in our own REAL lives. It’s not a mirror image and shouldn’t be taken as such (you are probably not going to get physically attacked just because you have been in a dream), but if you just so happen to get weird dreams around the same time that you have a personal crisis, you’ve found your answer.

Are you running away or avoiding something? It’s time to tackle it.

shenelica

May 19, 2019 at 10:51 pm

i had a dream that bulls were looking for me , literally chasing me and in my dream i saw my boyfriend and dad and a few other people trying to save me . what does that mean ?

May 20, 2019 at 3:41 pm

Being chased in dreams is often an reflection of a concern or worry that is in your life. Bulls may be manifestations of something that you feel is unavoidable. Your boyfriend, dad, and other people are signs of the emotional relationships that you rely on. Nourish your relationship with your partner and family by spending additional time with them in person. Have a great day, Shenelica!

Meba khongwir

May 19, 2019 at 8:28 am

I had a dream that I was being attacked several times by the same person but different faces I killed him but he kept appearing in front of me trying to kill me . He was always standing at the other side of my house and whenever I open my door I would see him . Please reply

May 20, 2019 at 1:53 pm

Dreams about being attacked or chased are often indications that there is a concern or worry that is in your life. You will find great benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. His presence at your house may be an indication that the stress in your life may be related to your intimate or personal life. Have a great day, Meba!

Chiin

May 16, 2019 at 7:53 am

Yesterday in my dream another person who is a doppelganger of myself tried to attack me and I fight back, it’s really creepy because I clearly my face, please reply its freaking me out.and I often dream about teeth falling out

May 16, 2019 at 6:01 pm

Dreams about manifestations of yourself are often indications that you will find great benefit in looking inward. Introspection will help you better understand what you want for your future. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Chiin!

Chris

May 12, 2019 at 6:01 am

Yesterday I had a dream about a gang of people trying to attack me. And last night I had a dream about someone on a bike chasing me trying to shoot me with a gun and succeeding.

May 12, 2019 at 6:50 pm

You had two dreams of being attacked and chased. This is an indication that you have a worry or concern in your life. You are also aware of recent shootings and other violent events. If you have similar dreams in the future, then address whoever is chasing or attacking you regarding their purpose. This will help reduce the frequency of similar dreams from manifesting in the future. Have a great day, Chris!

Mitchel

May 11, 2019 at 11:32 pm

recently I have been experiencing a lot of bad dreams about a demon girl and I see her in my dream in numerous way for example the other day I swore I had a photo on my phone of the demon screaming at me but I then woke from my dream and found there are just photos of my girlfriend on my phone. Anyway to the dream I had literally minutes ago. In my dream I was in my girlfriends room with her mum sister and her we where all laughing and joking but we heard someone coming up her stairs, they stood in the same place but the noise of the creaking staircase still grew. I was absolutely trembling and Lucy (my girlfriend) said she would go see what it was she confidently walked over and said there’s nothing and walked back to the room with us all in while the noise grew still as Lucy walks in the room she pushed the door to but i peek through the crack of the door meters away due to my petrified feeling still there . The door then opens and Lucy my girlfriend walks in even though she’s still sitting next to me but she was slightly different physically, she had these dull grey eyes but they was huge I started to run of the bed across the room her strange version then stepped over the bed and bolts towards me I then faint in my dream and I feel as if my life was sucked out of me not just in the dream but real life I then awoke from my dream confused and still getting back to normal ( I felt life rush back into me ) I was wondering if this meant anything because I had a weird thought whatever i keep dreaming of the 2 dreams I described could link as in the dream she’s a not normal almost super natural and in the other where I saw a demon in my cameraroll the only thing in there was her. Could someone please help

May 12, 2019 at 6:26 pm

The demon that appeared in your dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. It is possible that there is something that you are worried or concerned about. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Abstain from consuming violent and dramatic media, especially films or games that involve negative or harmful spirits. Have a great day, Mitchel!

Khris

May 10, 2019 at 8:11 pm

My and my boyfriend broke up . And I keep having nightmares about him stalking me or doing things he did in real life but more creepily and up close and personal. Could my dream just be reflecting real life or is it possible he will really keep stalking or potentially hurt me?

May 11, 2019 at 8:38 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your previous emotional connection with your ex. It is possible that his behaviors hay caused this dream to appear. However, this is simply a dream and may be related to the media that you have recently seen. You will find great benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. If you do not trust your ex’s behavior, then avoid him. You will find great benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. Have a great day, Khris!

Nichola goodwin

May 6, 2019 at 2:30 am

Last night I had an awful dream I was being threatened and hurt in so many different scenarios I could see myself in my dream trying to wake up trying to scream for my husband and hitting him to help me wake up but couldnt and no noise was coming out when I screamed to him I woke up eventually but everytime I closed my eyes I went back to it so many times it happened and today I feel awful anxious and shaky I just don’t feel right

May 6, 2019 at 7:42 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various fears or concerns that you may have in your life. During particularly power dreams, it may feel as though you are screaming for help and finding that those around you are unresponsive. If you have similar dreams in the future, then address those who are attacking you within the dream. This will help reduce the frequency of similar dreams from manifesting in the future. Have a great day, Nichola!

Joselyne

May 6, 2019 at 1:30 am

I had a dream that i was trying to hide a stay safe from this lady who planned on drugging me, i told everyone but for some reason was treated like the criminal, my boyfriend let me sleep in his car outside of the person whos trying to drug me, i was sleeping in the car and then all of a sudden i wasnt i was in a recliner and my boyfriend gave me his gun so I’d stay safe and could protect myself, this person came up to me and was someone i was familiar with and knew i could trust but then they turned around were someone i didnt know at all. He came closer to me and i got scared i tried to cock the gun back but i couldnt, i got up and fell immediately like id been drugged, so i pressed the gun against the floor and tried as hard as i could to get the gun to cock back and i finally did i shot him right in the eye but he sat there and spoke to me i watched his face melt after he spoke. Thats it.

May 6, 2019 at 8:33 pm

Your dream seems to be a reflection of various influences in your life. Your knowledge of recent shootings and other violent events may have appeared in your dream. It is possible that you have many worries or concerns that you may have in your life at this time. Allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade. Have a great day, Joselyne!

Frank

May 1, 2019 at 4:29 pm

I had a dream last night that had 3 stages, 1st stage I became really sick at a family gathering and vomitting every where and no one believed me.
    Not even my parents so I tried to leave then they said they’d finally drove me home…
    2nd part but as i waiting for them out side I was tackled and attacked by 2 big men who started to try and break my legs and i never really tried to fight back I just let them, but i wasn’t really at the same time i just didn’t want my legs to brake, then i was just transported to part 3…
    The 3rd part was I was watching a guy on the street who also got attacked but he was 2 twice as big as the guys who attacked me.. but he still very badly injured then i woke up…

May 1, 2019 at 10:50 pm

Your dreams are manifestations of violence. It is possible that you have fears or concerns that are in your life. If you have similar dreams in the future, then address those people in your future dreams. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. This will help draw positive people and energy into your life, and it will help reduce similar dreams from manifesting in the future. Have a great day, Frank!

Tiffany

May 3, 2019 at 6:25 am

I had dream last night where I was with some friends but half of them were movie stars and we were hiding behind some Greek island white adobe style chairs , a lowrider full with Hispanic men kept circling back and looking at us were hiding then boom ! They came and started raping all of my friends and I make a break for it , it turns out to be a whole hallmark stadium I find my friend Savanna and I’m holding her arm while she’s taking photos because all the photographers have to be escorted , im pretty scared and then they all leave I go into some beach with my friend Erica except this beach tricks you when you get their the water is sand and so I end up in the motel right next to it and theirs human parts in the bathroom in chemicals to keep from smelling and the dogs in the back are killed . Than it’s like I’m watching this girl get abused alive by being forced to stick her hands it boiling water and face. Than we go to a soccer game and the coach was that same abuser I think and he was really mean to me and another girl when we got off the field and then my parents came and when I tried to explain everything I woke up

May 4, 2019 at 3:19 pm

Your dream is a reflection of a wife variety of influences in your life. You will find great benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. This will help reduce the frequency of similar dreams from manifesting in the future. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. This will help draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Tiffany!

Shalisa

April 30, 2019 at 5:34 am

My dream started out nice I was with my family my children were little and we ran this big nice house to realize that this house there is lumped add more to it I won’t we saw it searching that is when this demon started chasing us and trying to hurt us I woke up when it reached out for me and I had my children behind me protecting them

April 30, 2019 at 10:46 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. The demon could be a manifestation of something that you fear. It could be a memory or regret. It is clear from your behaviors in your dream that you want to protect your children. If you have similar dreams in the future, then address the demon about its purpose in your dream. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will draw positive people and energy toward you. Have a great day, Shalisa!

Jeff

April 28, 2019 at 6:23 am

Had a dream that the one person I love was attacking me, and then I wanted them to love me back and threatened them that I would self harm if they didn’t love me back. What does this mean?

April 28, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your thoughts regarding your relationships. It seems as though you are aware of self harm and how people use it to abuse others to get their way. This dream does not mean that you are the type of person that would take this type of action. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Jeff!

Candy

April 18, 2019 at 8:46 pm

My dream started nice. I was just sitting down in the evening to have my favorite cocktail in my favorite glass. I was alone and liking it. Suddenly I notice that the glass is empty and is broken. I hadn’t even had a sip yet, and like I said, I was alone. Puzzled, I go to bed. But I took the broken piece of glass as a weapon. I felt very afraid but forced myself to remain calm.

April 19, 2019 at 7:50 pm

Your dream could be a reflection of various influences in your life. You likely want to maintain a simple life. The weapon aspect of your dream could be a manifestation of your fears or concerns. Allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will bring many benefits into your life. Have a great day, Candy!

Jessica

April 18, 2019 at 5:50 pm

I’ve been with my husband for 8 years now. Second marriage. The first was very abusive. The last 8 years I have had very recurring dreams that he leaves me. And he has, multiple times. We definitely have our problems. I’m outgoing and affectionate, he’s completely opposite of me. I still have nightmares of my ex hurting me, emotionally or physically. Lately, I have been having dreams that start out seemingly innocent with my ex, but turns into my husband now and his best friend chasing me, holding me down, and hurting me. And theres lots of chaos and disaster and dead wormy cats..It has turned into yelling out in my sleep and waking up hysterically crying. I haven’t talked to my husband about it, he doesn’t seem interested in hearing. I always assumed my abandonment dreams stem from fear and insecurity, but I have no idea why it’s turned into torture. Any takers?

April 18, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Your dreams seem to be reflections of various influences in your life. Your experience with your first husband was one of abuse. It seems as though your current partner is neglectful. You need to make a decision about what you want for the future of your relationship. Speak with your partner about your thoughts and feelings. If he ignores you or treats you poorly, then you are aware of his feelings for you. Have a great day, Jessica!

Lauren

April 15, 2019 at 11:42 am

I had a dream that my best friend cyber bullied me, and when I confronted her about it she said she was just bored. She acted like it wasn’t a big deal and none of my other friends cared either. What does this mean?

April 15, 2019 at 2:51 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. You are aware of cyber bullying and how if affects relationships. It is possible that you and your friend have a relationship that involves similar interactions. This dream is not a manifestation of her true behaviors. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with her in person. Speak with her about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Lauren!

Rimpi

April 7, 2019 at 8:27 pm

I had a dream of someone attached me with a curved weapon in my thigh from front my pressing me into the wall but it wasn’t bleeding

April 8, 2019 at 10:29 pm

Being attacked in dreams are often reflections of stresses or concerns that you have in your waking life. You will also find benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will reduce the frequency of these dreams from occurring in the future, and help to draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Rimpi!

Kayla

March 24, 2019 at 11:31 pm

I had a dream that my husband, daughter, and I weren’t to someone’s house for some reason, and actually stayed the night there. The next day, the person started getting calls and people visiting the house as hires hit men. My husband and the man were fighting the men off all day, but when it was night time, we had to hide in a homemade “panic room”. I was afraid that the men would shoot through the walls and kill all of us.
    What does that mean?

March 26, 2019 at 2:05 am

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. You will find great benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. This dream could be a manifestation of your knowledge of recent shootings and other violent events. Allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will bring you many benefits in the future. Have a great day, Kayla!

Mandy

March 24, 2019 at 9:56 am

I dream I’m in a stairway the stairs are infinite and make a square I am running up and I see my boyfriend below. I feel afraid so I run higher he keeps calling my name saying he won’t hirt me, but I feel afraid. After a bit I decide to trust him but he hurts me and I run away up the stairs. It goes like a loop.

March 26, 2019 at 1:25 am

Your dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. It is certain that you will find benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. If you find that you are being chased in future dreams, then attempt to address whoever or whatever is chasing you in the future. If your dream is a manifestation of negative interactions with your current partner, then determine what type of relationship that you want to maintain. Have a great day, Mandy!

Jessica

April 18, 2019 at 5:55 pm

This sounds to me that maybe there are trust and insecurity issues in you somewhere. Have you been hurt before so your guard is up? Are you afraid he’ll break your heart? Do you struggle with commitment? This is what I take from your dream.

April 18, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Thank you for sharing your experiences and insights. It is certain that your comment will support many members of our community. Please share more of your thoughts and feelings in the future. Have a great day, Jessica!

Shalisa

April 30, 2019 at 5:35 am

April 30, 2019 at 10:46 pm

Amestec

March 21, 2019 at 7:25 am

As a child, I had dreams of being emotionally attacked by my own family, (im not very close to them anymore). What does it mean?

March 22, 2019 at 12:53 am

Your dream is a reflection of your interactions with your family members. You are not close with them now, which may be a sign that they were abusive or neglectful while you were a child. Allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. There is no reason to maintain a relationship with someone that makes you feel unhappy or unsafe. Have a great day, Amestac!

Saneeya

March 9, 2019 at 10:25 pm

I was walking back with 3 girls i dnt remember who these girls were bt ilthey r auppose to be my frnds.
    And we r in party dresses so im a littoe hesitent to walk on the road its a bit dark.
    So a car filled with guys comes along and they cat called and started making actions.
    i reacted angrily and they left but now suddenly we in in a bus.
    Thoses 3 girls nly n these guys.
    And again they cat called.
    This time i got up and smacked one of the guys so they all started to attack me and these “friends” didnt even come near forgeting helping me out no one helped me.
    At the end i somehow managed to smack everyones ass n was now sitin n they all wer layin down and i started talking loudly to everyone in the bus who didnt help me n also those girls “friends” that u all should be ashamed of urself that i fought for us n noone came to my help and rescue when u saw i clearly could have used some help.

March 10, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of various influences or concerns that you have in your life. The people in your dream could be manifestations of people who are in your life at this time or in your past. You will also find benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. Allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade. Share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Saneeya!

Lorraine

February 27, 2019 at 8:59 am

I have been dreaming about my boyfriend’s family attacking now for several times.

What does that mean.?

February 27, 2019 at 2:03 pm

Your dream could be a reflection of fears or concerns that you have. However, if this dream is not an accurate manifestation of their behaviors during your waking life, then allow this dream to fade. If your current relationship is strained, then this could be influences these dreams. Determine what you want for the future, and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Lorraine!

Jessa Lou

May 10, 2019 at 7:27 am

I dream about something pretty unusual, so I am at the back of the villain and the “heroes” I thought that were going to save me, ended up hurting me and they start grabbing my feet and started to saw it and it realllyy reallyy hurt, like it hurts for reaaal. And then I woke up and I am terrified coz I still felt my feet being saw, like it is for real and my heart hurts coz it really is beating sooo fast, hope you will response tnxxxx.

May 10, 2019 at 4:16 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. You will find great benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. This will reduce the frequency of similar dreams from manifesting in the future. Share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Jessa!