What Does it Mean When You Dream About Money?

By on February 2, 2016

Dreaming about money can be a positive or a negative dream depending on the situation. As long as you are not losing money, it can indicate that you feel empowered to go after your goals. When you dream that you have lost money, it is often an indication that you have a low level of self-confidence. Fortunately, dreams only show your current state of mind, so they are only indicative of a current situation. If the situation changes, the dreams will go away.

money 2

Gaining Power

When ever you dream that you have gained money or have a large store of it in a dream, it is an indication that you feel capable of achieving whatever goal or objective that you have in life. You are able to think about what you want and put those thoughts into action. Often, the presence of money in a dream shows that you are ready and capable of going after what you want. For positive dreams, money reflects power, opportunity and a world filled with possibilities.

Negative Dreams About Money

Sometimes, dreaming about money can be negative. If you are losing money or have a lack of money in your dream, it can be an indication that you feel as if your opportunities in life are being waste. It can show that there is an obstacle that you are unable to overcome or you lack the tools necessary to conquer the challenges of life. It may also be an indication that you feel like your enemies are more talented or resourceful than you are. Often, negative money dreams indicate that you feel a lack of self-worth, self-confidence or power.

Finding Money

If you dream that you found money, it shows that you feel free of the negativity of your life. Even when bad things happen, you feel like you are capable to overcome them. You feel positive, capable and aware of everything that is capable. There may also be a sudden opportunity that you can suddenly achieve.

money

Stealing or Being Robbed

If someone steals your money in a dream, it shows that you feel like the opportunities that you had in life are gradually starting to dry up. You may also not care what other people think because you plan on making a grab for power on your own. When you dream that you are robbed, it shows that there are mental patterns and thoughts that are removing your power. You may have felt that something is taking away your freedom or power.

You Won Money

When you have a dream about winning money, it represents that you feel lucky in life. You may not have expected a sudden change in your life or new opportunity, so it makes you feel like you have won the lottery. Some change that you did not expect is allowing you to gain additional power or resources.

Being Given Money

If you are given money in a dream, it shows that life situations or positive thinking are helping you in life. If there are obstacles in your way, you feel like you have the power to overcome them. Likewise, a dream about giving someone money shows that you feel as if those people can help you in life and you want to help them toward their dreams.

Dee

January 23, 2019 at 8:39 pm

Hie l dreambt about having an uncle come to our house to give me my money back though he didn’t want to and my dead mother helped me take the money and put in a safe without him knowing

January 24, 2019 at 10:31 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your financial considerations. It is possible that your relationship with your uncle has appeared in this dream. Your mother’s behavior in your dream may be a sign of your relationship with her. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will ensure that you honor the memory of your late mother. Have a great day, Dee!

Ravi

January 23, 2019 at 6:10 pm

I had a dream last night and someone was giving me money and after some few time a women came and she takes back that money.

January 24, 2019 at 10:01 pm

The money in your dream is a reflection of your financial considerations. It is possible that you feel as though there is someone in your life that may be causing you to lose money. Allow this dream to influence you to take some time to determine what needs to be done with your finances. You will find benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Ravi!

Emily

January 19, 2019 at 7:55 am

I had a dream that i received my paycheck and went to the bank to make a deposit.

January 20, 2019 at 2:47 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your financial considerations. You are aware that you need to work to make money. Determine what you want for your future and take appropriate action. This will ensure that any questions that you have regarding money will be addressed. Have a great day, Emily!

Marisol

January 19, 2019 at 12:04 am

I’ve dreamed of faded paper bills in my wallet, what does this mean?

January 19, 2019 at 1:24 am

This dream may be a reflection of your financial considerations. The faded currency may be a sign that you need new money. Ensure that this dream influence you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will bring you many benefits in the future. Have a great day, Marisol!

Fay

January 14, 2019 at 7:57 am

I dreamed that I was at a shop buying two glasses, a bottle of water, and something else I don’t remember. When I went to pay, I dug through my pockets for change and came up with what I thought was three £1 coins (I’m in england). When I looked closer, 1 was an old coin so they wouldn’t take it, and one just looked odd. It turned out to be a £10 coin, so I decided to keep it, asked for the water and they gave me a spoon instead, which I pocketed, and left quite happily. £10 coins don’t even exist!

January 14, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Your dream may be a manifestation of various influences in your life. The £10 coin may be a reflection of your thoughts regarding your finances. The old coin may be a sign of your past. This dream is likely a manifestation of your desire to look toward the future and change. This may help you make decisions that will help your financial future. You will find benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Fay!

Klaudia

January 11, 2019 at 5:51 am

Hello, I don’t remember well, but I dreamed about a young girl who was holding a bank note, that was worth 5$, I was like looking at her and she handed the money to the man collecting the money in the bus we were in, and that man gave it back to her and said that it wasn’t real money, it was fake. I was shocked as how was it possible.

January 12, 2019 at 7:16 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. Within your dreams, anything can be possible. You may feel as though money has become valueless. You may have heard about counterfeit money recently. The media that you consume may have influences this dream as well. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Klaudia!

Pam

January 10, 2019 at 1:46 am

I dreamed I saw my mom and her brother(my uncle) at the grocery store checking out. It was grocery in the bags but 2 half gallons of milk were left out one my uncle which he had drunk out of and the other was my mom. She had asked for cash back and upon approaching them the cashier was giving my mom $75. 7 ten dollar bills which were face down and a 5 dollar bill and my uncle said that’s the money for me she said yes but give me a ten dollar bill and he did. I just looked and shook my head and it was me and my 11 yr old son.

January 12, 2019 at 1:28 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. Your familial relationships have appeared in your dream. Your financial considerations have manifested as well. Allow this dream to influence you tto determine what youw ant for your future. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Pam!

January 12, 2019 at 1:28 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. Your familial relationships have appeared in your dream. Your financial considerations have manifested as well. Allow this dream to influence you to determine what you want for your future. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Pam!

Carol

January 8, 2019 at 8:57 am

I dreamt that I was walking around a department store and out of nowhere there was a guy standing up near the registers that said that someone in the store was going to win $1,000,000. All of the sudden, I had this vibrating thing in my hand lighting up and everyone around me was yelling that I won!! And then I was like “I won” and I woke up quivering after the experience and feeling wonderful as can be.

January 8, 2019 at 8:02 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your financial concerns and your desire to win something. You may feel happy or lucky at this time. Ensure that this dream influences you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. This will help bring positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Carol!

JULIE Ann VACCA

January 8, 2019 at 2:24 am

Hi I dreamt I found money on the floor in my car and its 5.00 bill abd then I found a 10.00 bill on my car seat what does it mean.And then last might I dreamt I was in someones car abd she gave 100.00 abd then I dream I went in my mailbox and got my mail and my mailvwas wet what does this all mean.

January 8, 2019 at 7:14 pm

Your dreams seem like reflections of your financial considerations. The money is a sign that you may be looking for financial security. The wet mail may be a manifestation of your concerns that something is decaying or lost. Ensure that this dream guides you to determine what you want for your future. Take whatever action you feel is appropriate. Have a great day, Julie!

Femi

January 4, 2019 at 11:24 pm

Dreamt of asking for money from someone and getting money from someone else (not the person I asked the money from but another person that I know)

January 5, 2019 at 3:19 pm

This may be an indication that you have financial stress. You are aware that there are people who support you. You are also aware that you have people that you feel comfortable asking for help from. You are aware that our social relationships may be highly beneficial. Allow this dream to influence you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Femi!

Aga

December 29, 2018 at 9:06 am

I had a dream that I worked for someone and I was about to get paid. This men was already in my house so I asked him about the money and he said that I have to go to town to get paid even though I knew he had the money on him. Then he drove away. I was upset and I followed him and the dream ended. I think the mean withholding the money is important here.

December 29, 2018 at 4:20 pm

Your interpretation of the dream is likely correct. It is possible that you have financial worries or fears. You may feel as though you are owed money in your waking life. Allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will bring you many benefits. Have a great day, Aga!

Sharon

December 18, 2018 at 10:31 am

Hi I dreamt that I received money at my work place which at the time was dark. One person gave me two 50 dollars and then someone else gave me a stack off money full of $20,$10,and $5 dollar bills but I was confused in my dream because I felt like I hadn’t done enough to deserve it. But in the end I kept it.

December 18, 2018 at 7:36 pm

This dream may be a sign of your financial considerations in your waking life. You may feel as though you need money, but you are aware that you need to work harder to get it. Allow this dream to influence you to determine what you want for your future. You may either reduce your outgoing expenses or increase your income. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Sharon!

Sharon Grant

December 26, 2018 at 8:14 am

Hi Sharon, that dream means you are taking credit for something you don’t deserve the credit for.

December 26, 2018 at 1:44 pm

Thank you for sharing your insights and experiences. Please feel free to share more of your supportive comments in the future. Have a great day, Sharon!

madam sky

November 22, 2018 at 5:23 pm

Hi! I just woke up with my dream about money today .. I always dreamt about money but this one’s different.
    When I stay in one place and rest for a while I found money in that place. Then I continued digging the place to find more money then thats it I have more money from digging the place, but suddenly there’s two men came and they want my daughter, I don’t know why then afterwards of digging they trying to kidnapped my daugter so i left them and the money that I found (I forgot the money to bring) to protect my daughter, then my counsin appeared (she’s with me in digging that place), and asked, where is your money? when we go back to the place the two men were gone with my money.

November 22, 2018 at 10:07 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your financial considerations. You are aware of the danger of focusing too much on money. The kidnappers are manifestations of your knowledge that your relationship with people that you love will be strained if you focus on money too much. Allow this dream to influence you to spend additional time with your daughter in person. Have a great day, Madam!

Nhadiey

November 19, 2018 at 6:38 am

Hi. I dream that my mother gave a small money to my daughter. I was da one hu took it. And wen im about to count it i was surprised to see that it is not jus a small amount of money.. So i told my mother that the amount is too much but she told me not to bother about. She jus wanted to give it to my daughter

November 20, 2018 at 7:12 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your financial needs and desires. It is likely that you are aware that you would be benefited by having additional money. You are aware of the generosity of your mother. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will bring many benefits to you and to your family. Have a great day, Nhadiey!

Cynthia

November 12, 2018 at 11:13 am

I dreamt that a deceased neighbor gives me a silver coin money and told me to keep it. Cynthia

November 12, 2018 at 10:29 pm

This dream may have been a reflection of your previous social connection with your neighbor. It is likely that this person may have given you something of value, perhaps a social or emotional influence in your life. Allow this dream to guide you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will honor the memory of your neighbor. Have a great day, Cynthia!

Shel

November 8, 2018 at 12:52 am

I dreamed that my neighbor and her husband happily knocked on my door and gave me and my kids stacks of money. I then went to the ATM machine

November 11, 2018 at 11:11 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and financial influences. It is likely that you are interested in financial support at this time. Your relationship with your friend may give you benefits that are not financial, but certainly helpful. Allow this dream to guide you to strengthen your relationship with your friend. Have a great day, Shel!

Richelle

November 2, 2018 at 6:50 am

I have dreamed that two people gave me money as a gift. Thanks

November 2, 2018 at 9:27 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your financial situation and desires. It is likely that you would benefit from gaining money. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Richelle!

Lekisha S Lewis

November 1, 2018 at 6:44 am

I dreamed I lost my lawsuit.. I did not win

November 1, 2018 at 8:30 pm

This dream is not a reflection of the future of of fate. This dream is likely a manifestation of your stress and worries. You may feel as though it is possible that you may lose your case. If there is anything that you can do at this time, then do it. If not, then make a decision about what you want for your future if you do lose this case. Regardless of the outcome of your case, ensure that your share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Lekisha!

Tayo

October 23, 2018 at 11:09 pm

I dream that someone I know is a rich man spraying me with money on my dream at a party, so later in the party a saw a prophet a male in a white garnet and a woman in an ordinary clothes they came with a cake the he was telling me that whenever I want to buy land I should be more careful,so in the dream I was thinking he wants to collect the money so I was trying to arrange the money that was sprayed on me to know the amount but I arranged the money so well but I don’t no the money but I know it was plenty and it was a new note but I couldn’t give the prophet out of it because my mind said he want to trick me to collect the money but I gave him the only three hundred naira that was left with me before I was sprayed with the new not but the three hundred was a dirty note, please what is the meaning of the dream

October 24, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. Your religious and social influences may be important in your life, and that importance may have manifested in this dream. You may be concerned about someone taking your money from you without giving you service or guidance in return. This dream will benefit you by guiding your actions to be filled with kindness and compassion. Ensure that you do not allow predators to harm you or steal from you. Have a great day, Tayo!

prisla

October 21, 2018 at 12:56 am

hi, i dreamt that out of soo may people to be give money, only two of us was given a large sum of money when the others were not looking and also the person gave me a card to give my husband so as to help him

October 22, 2018 at 7:57 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your financial considerations. Your relationship with your husband may have manifested in this dream as well. The others looking away when you were given the money may be a sign of a hidden reward in your life. Ensure that you share your positive energy at all times, as this will help manifest positive people and energy. Have a great day, Prisla!