What Does It Mean When You Dream About Giving Birth?

By on September 4, 2017

This can be an odd dream to have. If you have given birth to children before, then it could be just a blend of your subconscious memories. If you have never given birth before though, having this type of dream could really confuse it. Normally, giving birth in a dream does not mean that you will actually give birth soon in real life. Instead, this dream type is associated with a variety of different dream interpretations.

Dream About Giving Birth

When you dream about giving birth, it can mean that you are facing great changes in your normal life. You may feel like a new beginning is just around the corner, and you are ready for the emotional, spiritual or physical transformation. If you dream about pregnancy as well, it can mean that great events and changes are just around the corner. If you actually are pregnant though, a dream about giving birth may just be due to your expectations and fears for the future. We will also cover the common variations and interpretations of this dream meaning.

1. Witnessing the Birth of a Child

If you watch someone else giving birth in a dream, it means that you will soon have financial success. If a woman dreams about giving birth, it may represent a sense of happiness or contentment.

2. Lonely Women

If someone is lonely and female, dreaming about giving birth means that she feels like there are rumors about her in real life. When a man dreams that he is giving birth, it means that he is about to go through a difficult time socially or at work.

3. Helping With the Birth

Helping someone to give birth represents abundance and a sense of honor. When there is a good birth, it is a symbol of creativity, happiness and luck. Meanwhile, a difficult birth indicates major issues that you will have to overcome. If the birth in the dream is quite tiring, it may indicate that there are complications ahead of you in life. If the birth is unexpected, it may be a sign of misfortune.

4. Gender

It is said that giving birth to a girl in the dream means that you will soon be free of all of your troubles. If you give birth to a boy, it is said to represent tiredness and fatigue. Having twins symbolizes abundance and wealth. An easy birth also means joy and good luck.

5. You Are Giving Birth

When you are giving birth in the dream, it may mean that you have a new attitude toward life. You recognize that you must make efforts to achieve your dreams and take responsibility for your part in each situation. If you are a single woman, an old wives’ tale says that you will first experience sadness and misfortune before experiencing happiness.

Helping With the Birth

Other Dream Interpretations

Often, giving birth signals that there is good news arriving from abroad or exceptionally good luck. It can mean that good health and financial improvements are in your future. If you hear that someone else has given birth, it means that you will soon be saved from a difficult or complicated situation. It may also mean that you will achieve the success that you have been waiting so long for.

At its heart, giving birth is the ultimate transformation. From the love of two people, an entire other being is born. It is the ultimate new beginning and transformation. As such, a happy birth tends to represent abundance, new beginnings and the ability to work toward what you want.

Obviously, the ultimate meaning of the dream depends on what interpretation you give the dream. If a friend recently gave birth in your waking life, then the dream may just be representing some of the subconscious thoughts, feelings and memories that are going through your head. If you want to start a family, the dream may even be directly related to your desire to have children of your own. To really figure out what your dream means, you ave to figure out the situation in the dream, how you felt in the dream and who was involved. Then, you have to decide how these factors relate to your waking life. By doing this, you can create your own, individualized dream interpretation.

vonna84

January 31, 2019 at 11:16 pm

I had a dream last night I’m gaving birth.. And I ask my sister to help me but she refuse to help me… My water flash and the baby’s head heat the floor.. That’s the time my sister help me and she pick up the baby… And she said she’s OK and she is so healthy…

February 2, 2019 at 2:51 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. You may be interested in having a child. You may have recently spoken to someone regarding pregnancy or childbirth. The presence of your sister and he unwillingness to support you may be a manifestation of her behaviors in your waking life. Ensure that your dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Vonna!

Temi

January 30, 2019 at 9:14 pm

I had a dream that I gave birth to a baby girl my sister and mum was there and after the birth my mum said she will dip her hand in to help pack out excess blood ,then she did but it was just little blood. Then I went for an interview in the morning and Got the job.and before the end of the day another job interview text came in.

February 2, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Your dreams were reflections of various influences in your life. You social and emotional relationships appeared within this dream in connection to your thoughts regarding children. It is possible that you know someone who is pregnant or who recently had children. It is also possible that you are interested in a job, which could have caused the interview dream to manifest. Ensure that your dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Temi!

Amy

January 29, 2019 at 8:56 pm

Last night I had a dream that I went to er for stomach pains and they sent me him said it was gallbladder then I remember squatting down and I felt something fell out of me and I felt and it was baby feet I remember on my way to the hospital I gave birth to this baby but I wasn’t able to see him till I got to the hospital it was a beautiful baby boy with dark brown hair and blue eyes I remember naming him Lucas Gerald!!

January 29, 2019 at 10:38 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. It is possible that you have medical concerns that you may want to address. You may be thinking about pregnancy. It is possible that other people in your life who have given birth or who have children. Allow this dream to influence you to determine what you want for your future. Have a great day, Amy!

Bella

January 29, 2019 at 12:57 pm

A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work.

January 29, 2019 at 10:17 pm

Thank you for sharing your positive comment. Please share more of your thoughts and feelings in the future. Have a great day, Bella!

Patricia

January 28, 2019 at 10:00 am

Had avery vivid dream about someone giving birth which made me come here to check the meaning off it and wow. I been fired from my job almost a month ago and today I got a calls for an Interview which reading the meaning Of my dream gives me hopes for positive outcome.

January 28, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Your interpretation of your dream is likely correct. You have gained hope because of these dreams. It is possible that you have been thinking about children. You may have spoken with someone in your life who is pregnant or is raising children. Ensure that your dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. It is certain that this will bring you many benefits in the future. Have a great day, Patricia!

Kk

January 27, 2019 at 8:15 am

I had a vivid dream that I was in labor and my dad help me gave birth at home. I was so confused because I know I wasn’t pregnant because I just got my recent period and I even tested many times since the guy Inwas dating got worried. I held the baby girl and it was clean and beautiful. But I got confused as to who the father was! The months I had myblast intercourse doesn’t seem to add up. So I sent a message to my crush and told him that it was him but it really wasnt because I know I only had sex with the guy i’m dating now. And everytime I look at the baby, her hair was curly like the guy i’ve been dating! Yet my crush accepted he’s the father! Haahhaha

January 27, 2019 at 7:49 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. You seem to be currently in a relationship, though you have a crush. You should allow this dream to influence you to make a decision about your future. Allow thoughts of your crush to fade, and focus your emotional energy on your current partner. Have a great day, Kk!

Michelle Allred

January 23, 2019 at 12:00 pm

I had a dream last night I gave birth to twin girls. But my water didn’t break till before second baby came out. I was by myself in a room standing up catching baby as they came out. Could it have any meaning that I’m pregnant?

January 24, 2019 at 9:15 am

Your dream may be a reflection of your thoughts and feelings regarding pregnancy. It is possible that you have been thinking about having children. You may have spoken with someone about childbirth or twins. This dream does not mean that you are pregnant. Determine what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Michelle!

ashlee

January 22, 2019 at 7:10 pm

I had a dream I gave birth to a baby girl. I was asking for a female doctor and only male doctor was available. The birth was easy and my sister was holding her and announced the sex of the baby.

January 23, 2019 at 5:59 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. There may be someone in your life who has recently had a child. Your relationship with your sister has also manifested in this dream. Determine what you want for your future. If you are interested in having a child, then speak with your partner about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Ashlee!

Sierra

January 22, 2019 at 10:01 am

I had a dream that my water broke and my family was trying to rush me to the hospital but we didn’t make it and I gave birth in the van and my stepmom delivered the baby girl, I didn’t feel anything because I kept passing out. We made it to the hospital after and they gave us a room to check on the baby, and so I can rest. I let my little sister cut the baby’s umbilical cord, because my fiancé didn’t make it to the hospital until a few hours later. It was a baby girl and I named her Alexandra. I remember how she looked, very vividly.

I’m 19, never been pregnant .

January 22, 2019 at 5:47 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. It is clear that the relationships with your family members are important to you. You may be thinking about children. You may have recently spoke with someone who is pregnant or who recently gave birth. Allow this dream to influence you to determine what you want for your future. Speak with your partner about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Sierra!

Joy Efe

January 22, 2019 at 4:15 am

I had a dream that I put to bed on a plane(baby girl)somtime last year,n last night again I also had anoda dream that I gave birth also to a girl, ,n the whole process wasn’t so difficult… My wedding is around the coner. What does it really mean?

January 22, 2019 at 5:31 pm

Your dreams may be reflections of your thoughts regarding children. You are about to get married, and this may be the reason why you are thinking about birth. Allow this dream to influence you to determine what you want for the future. Focus on your marriage and speak with your partner about children. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Joy!

Karim

January 21, 2019 at 12:57 am

I had a dream that I saw a man given birth

January 21, 2019 at 1:35 pm

There may be various reasons for this dream to manifest. You could have heard something in the news related to the pregnancy of someone who identifies as a man. You may have spoken with someone in your life who has been thinking about having children or whose partner may be pregnant. It is also possible that this dream is a reflection of the media that you consume. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Karim!

mercy george

January 15, 2019 at 8:46 pm

I had a dream that I was standing close to a pregnant woman in an unknown location,immediately her water broke and she fell into labour and started pushing while standing.before I knew it two nurses came to pick her up to a room filled with women that just gave birth, alongside there babies….they placed her on the bed and she continued pushing

January 16, 2019 at 8:05 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your thoughts and feelings regarding children. It is possible that you are thinking about having children. You may have spoken with someone about pregnancy. There may be someone in your life who is pregnancy or who just had a children. Allow this dream to influence you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Mercy!

mercy george

January 15, 2019 at 8:43 pm

I had a dream that I was standing close to a pregnant woman in an unknown location and before I knew it,her water broke and she started pushing while standing,immediately two nurses came to carry her to a room filled with mother’s that just gave birth and she continued pushing till I woke up

January 16, 2019 at 8:04 pm

Gayla

January 12, 2019 at 4:13 am

Imhi im 18 years old I had a dream that i was in labour but it was not sore and my boyfriend wasn’t very worried about it i walked to a hospital room anf while ealkinh i gave birth to a baby girl and i held her in between my legs till i got to the hospital bed and theb my family came but were not angry although i expected them to be angry because im still very young i told my sister to see what beautiful hair my child has and my mom said i should breadt feed her but nothing came out for a while but my boyfriend was not even excited about his daughter being born and my sisters don’t gey along with him but that day he said my sisters should name the child and in reality he’d NEVER do that.
    So what does my dream mean???

January 12, 2019 at 9:01 pm

You may have been a reflection of various thoughts regarding pregnancy and childbirth. It is possible your dream is a manifestation of your desire to have children. You may have spoken with someone about childbirth. Your relationship with your partner may have influenced this dream as well. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your boyfriend and family members about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Gayla!

Lia

January 9, 2019 at 2:54 am

I had a dream that I did not know I was pregnant and then gave birth to a baby boy at home. The birth was quick and seamless and then we went to the hospital to get the baby checked out and it seemed like everyone was taking their time there; I was very anxious at the hospital waiting for them to check out the baby. I’m the mother of two girls.

January 9, 2019 at 1:34 pm

Dreams about childbirth are often reflections of the influences in your life. It is possible that you are thinking about having another child. You may have spoken with someone who is pregnant. The seamless delivery and checkup may be a sign of your desires. Determine what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Lia!

Hailey

January 7, 2019 at 9:33 am

Hello!
    I had a dream just two nights ago that I was 9 months pregnant, and late to my own labor, I was in and out as it was a seamless delivery. My mom was the only person in the delivery room with me and my baby came out the size of a 3 year old toddler. It was a girl and she looked just like me. It was very vivid and detailed so it felt significant.

January 8, 2019 at 4:59 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It is possible that you are exited about having a toddler. You may have recently spoken with someone about children. It is likely that you want to nourish your relationship with your mother. Allow this dream to influence you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Hailey!

Evans Agbontaen

January 6, 2019 at 8:08 am

I had a dream that I gave birth to a baby in my fathers house

January 6, 2019 at 11:25 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your thoughts regarding children. Your father is your father, and this dream may be reflect that relationship. If you are close with your father, then you may be thinking about strengthening your relationship with him. If you have children or are thinking about children, then you may want to bring them around him. Have a great day, Evans!

Neveah

January 6, 2019 at 2:06 am

I had a dream last night and I give birth to a baby boy,,,, it was so easy labor… baby has come directly

January 6, 2019 at 11:09 pm

Dreams about labor are often signs that you may be thinking about pregnancy. You may be pregnancy or know someone who is pregnant. Allow this dream to influence you in a positive direction. Share your kindness and compassion at all times. This will help draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Neveah!

Elena

January 3, 2019 at 6:01 am

I had a dream last night where i was going to the hospital because I was going to have a baby. I got there alone and while in labor i was talking a shower and then i had him. I had a baby boy like I delivered him myself then i started calling the doctor which he cleaned him uo and everything then later when the father of the baby came in the room it wasnt my husband. What would this mean

January 4, 2019 at 12:08 am

Your dream is a reflection of your thoughts regarding childbirth. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. You may be pregnant or know someone who may be pregnant. The other man in your dream may be a manifestation of various social relationships. Allow thoughts of other men to fade. Nourish your relationship with your partner by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Elena!

Ash

January 1, 2019 at 1:12 pm

Hi! I had a dream i was the last person to give birth on the day my older sister and cousin gave birth. We had our births the same day. My birth was so pleasant I could walk around holding my baby as soon as I had my baby with ease. Then I went to see my cousin and sister, who had difficult births and were in pain. All genders are unknown. All babies were healthy. My sister and cousin are expecting in real life. I am a virgin and unmarried.

January 1, 2019 at 7:18 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your knowledge of your sister and cousin. They are pregnant and you may have been thinking about pregnancy. You are not at risk of pregnancy, so this dream may be a sign that you were thinking about your relationship with your family members. Since they are both pregnant, you should support them by sharing your kindness and compassion with them. This will help strengthen your relationships. Have a great day, Ash!