What Does It Mean When You Dream About Giving Birth?

By on September 4, 2017

This can be an odd dream to have. If you have given birth to children before, then it could be just a blend of your subconscious memories. If you have never given birth before though, having this type of dream could really confuse it. Normally, giving birth in a dream does not mean that you will actually give birth soon in real life. Instead, this dream type is associated with a variety of different dream interpretations.

Dream About Giving Birth

When you dream about giving birth, it can mean that you are facing great changes in your normal life. You may feel like a new beginning is just around the corner, and you are ready for the emotional, spiritual or physical transformation. If you dream about pregnancy as well, it can mean that great events and changes are just around the corner. If you actually are pregnant though, a dream about giving birth may just be due to your expectations and fears for the future. We will also cover the common variations and interpretations of this dream meaning.

1. Witnessing the Birth of a Child

If you watch someone else giving birth in a dream, it means that you will soon have financial success. If a woman dreams about giving birth, it may represent a sense of happiness or contentment.

2. Lonely Women

If someone is lonely and female, dreaming about giving birth means that she feels like there are rumors about her in real life. When a man dreams that he is giving birth, it means that he is about to go through a difficult time socially or at work.

3. Helping With the Birth

Helping someone to give birth represents abundance and a sense of honor. When there is a good birth, it is a symbol of creativity, happiness and luck. Meanwhile, a difficult birth indicates major issues that you will have to overcome. If the birth in the dream is quite tiring, it may indicate that there are complications ahead of you in life. If the birth is unexpected, it may be a sign of misfortune.

4. Gender

It is said that giving birth to a girl in the dream means that you will soon be free of all of your troubles. If you give birth to a boy, it is said to represent tiredness and fatigue. Having twins symbolizes abundance and wealth. An easy birth also means joy and good luck.

5. You Are Giving Birth

When you are giving birth in the dream, it may mean that you have a new attitude toward life. You recognize that you must make efforts to achieve your dreams and take responsibility for your part in each situation. If you are a single woman, an old wives’ tale says that you will first experience sadness and misfortune before experiencing happiness.

Helping With the Birth

Other Dream Interpretations

Often, giving birth signals that there is good news arriving from abroad or exceptionally good luck. It can mean that good health and financial improvements are in your future. If you hear that someone else has given birth, it means that you will soon be saved from a difficult or complicated situation. It may also mean that you will achieve the success that you have been waiting so long for.

At its heart, giving birth is the ultimate transformation. From the love of two people, an entire other being is born. It is the ultimate new beginning and transformation. As such, a happy birth tends to represent abundance, new beginnings and the ability to work toward what you want.

Obviously, the ultimate meaning of the dream depends on what interpretation you give the dream. If a friend recently gave birth in your waking life, then the dream may just be representing some of the subconscious thoughts, feelings and memories that are going through your head. If you want to start a family, the dream may even be directly related to your desire to have children of your own. To really figure out what your dream means, you ave to figure out the situation in the dream, how you felt in the dream and who was involved. Then, you have to decide how these factors relate to your waking life. By doing this, you can create your own, individualized dream interpretation.

aa

November 9, 2018 at 11:32 am

I had a dream that I was trying to give birth but the nurse asked me to wait. I couldn’t explain how I got pregnant but I was determined to take care of my baby girl. I was supper worried that my baby girl going to die because my water broke already but the nurse in the emergency kept asking me to wait. I even felt the pain in real life. I tried to temper with my belly to check if my daughter is still alive in my womb. It gave me relief when she moved. I then decided to give birth even without the nurse consent and then I woke up.

November 12, 2018 at 12:02 am

It is possible that you have been thinking about pregnancy. There may be people in your life who are pregnant. You may be ready to have a child. You are aware that birth does not go by a set schedule. Allow this dream to guide you to determine what you want for your future. If you are pregnant, then ensure that all of your behaviors are directed at nourishing your child’s health and happiness. Have a great day, Aa!

Mitch Gerundio

November 8, 2018 at 3:15 pm

I had a dream that my neighboor is going to delived, but when i get in the room, the midwife said that shes just sleepy. What does it mean.

November 11, 2018 at 11:29 pm

There may be a variety of reasons for this dream to have manifested in this way. You may be aware that your neighbor is pregnant. You may think that the midwife or doctor is not yet ready. You may be aware that the pregnancy has not come to term. Allow this dream to guide you to support those in your life who are in need. Have a great day, Mitch!

Allen Godwin Omose

November 8, 2018 at 3:32 am

i dream 3 women gave birth in my dream

November 11, 2018 at 11:15 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of conversations in your life about having children. There may be three women who are thinking about having children that you are aware of you. You may be thinking about having children yourself. Determine what you want for your future. Ensure that you support those who are in your life. Have a great day, Allen!

TMR

November 7, 2018 at 4:23 am

I had a dream that my little brother (who is 11) had a baby one day, The very next day, I had a baby boy randomly as I was feeling cramping pain, in a bathroom, inside of a baby’s tub. Afterwards, my mother and I picked up the baby and drove right to the hospital with my gmom, gpop, aunt, my brother, & a friend of the family, and my mother forgot my brother’s baby at home. As we were stopped the car to let my mom and our family friend go back for the baby, I woke up.

November 7, 2018 at 8:50 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences. You may be aware that you or another influence in your life may cause thoughts about having a child to manifest. It is possible that you and your brother share similar choices. You are aware that your focus would be on your child. Allow this dream to guide you to spend additional time with your family. Have TMR!

Robinson

November 6, 2018 at 7:33 am

I dreamed that someone came and told me that my wife has given a birth to a baby girl. What does it mean?

November 6, 2018 at 8:23 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It is possible that your wife may be pregnant. The two of you may have had discussions about having children. Allow this dream to guide you to determine what you want for your future. Have a great day, Robinson!

Ninu

November 6, 2018 at 1:24 am

Few days ago I dreamed that I went to the bathroom to pee but then all of a sudden as I was peeing I felt something like a baby head coming out, I didn’t know I was pregnant but then I looked than and saw a tiny baby head and I tried tor run to my mom’s bedroom holding the baby head with my hand between my legs. I woke up panicking. By the way my mom lives in different country from me, so what could this mean? So curious

November 6, 2018 at 8:15 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your emotional influences and connections. You may have had thoughts about having a child. You are aware of your connection with your mother. If you are thinking of having a child, then you may find benefit in nourishing your relationship with your mother. Have a great day, Ninu!

Tyj

October 28, 2018 at 4:37 am

I had a dream I gave birth unexpectedly to a baby girl and I delivered the baby myself! There was no pain at all just this pressure when she was coming out. I delivered her in the living room I was trying to make it to the kitchen where my mother and grandmother were cooking but I decided to stop on the way because I didn’t want the baby to get hurt. My mother was shocked but not angry maybe a little disappointed I don’t believe my grandmother had a reaction in my dream the next and last of her I remember was she was in a bedroom on the phone talking after I gave birth. My mom started to pace around going inside and out of the house. I felt shocked and confused but I loved the baby she was beautiful she looked like me and smelled like me. I cried holding her. I breast feed her and talked to her she smiled. I showed my younger sister my baby and she was estastic. What could this dream mean for me? I’ve never been pregnant and I’m currently 17 and applying for colleges.

October 28, 2018 at 8:42 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. The media that you consume or members of your social groups may be having children. It is possible that you are having thoughts regarding having a child. Your education is important, so nourish your academic career at this time. Determine what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Tyj!

legacy

October 21, 2018 at 10:02 pm

My pregnant wife dream of putting to birth 14babies, what could this mean

October 22, 2018 at 8:35 pm

Your wife’s dream was a reflection of her influences in her life. It would be a world record if she were to give birth to fourteen children. This dream may be a sign of the stresses and concerns that she may have at this time. Continue to support your wife at all times. Share your kindness and compassion with her, and make sure that you spend additional time with her in person. Have a great day, Legacy!

ladaizha lanston

October 16, 2018 at 12:31 pm

I had a dream that i gave birth to a baby girl. Then the nurse took her to clean her. Once the nurse came back she put the baby in a breathing machine but the baby was literally floating and it looked at me directly in the face. I felt so upset i took her out of the machine and took her home.

October 18, 2018 at 9:30 pm

Your dream is a reflection of a variety of influences in your life. You are aware that your relationship with your children or potential children is extremely person. There may be another reason for the manifestation of this dream. Allow this dream to guide you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Ladaizha!

Christa

October 14, 2018 at 6:29 am

I had a dream that I was laying in the hospital bed holding a baby girl with my husband and I just remember being so happy. The delivery was painless and easy.

October 14, 2018 at 8:15 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your pregnancy or of a pregnancy of someone else in your life. You may be influenced by the media that you consume. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. Determine what you want for your future at this time. Speak with your partner about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Christa!

Marie

October 13, 2018 at 10:31 am

Im 51 yrs old and i dreamed ladt night that i was in labor st the hospital. I could feel the contractions, (2) but no pain. I know my 30 yr old daughter who has a 11 months old was with me and my husband too, i felt their prescence, i didn’t actually saw them. I was calm and somehow excited, just wsnted the nurse to come and try to help me “ fix or turn the baby around” while in my belly, because it was somewhat sideways, even though during both contractions i could see one of the baby’s leg going down my left thigh and the other as a bump on the right side of my belly. My dream ended up like that.

October 13, 2018 at 10:32 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences and memories. You may be thinking about your previous pregnancy or the pregnancy of your daughter. You may be a ware of someone else in your life. Allow this dream to guide you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Marie!

Sueling

November 2, 2018 at 10:14 am

I have four children I have no intention of getting anymore I dreamt of giving birth I was delivering the child myself it was a boy I even saw myself tie the cord on the baby I felt no pain I wonder what this means

November 2, 2018 at 9:33 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your previous desires and your memories. There may be someone in your life who is pregnant. You may feel as though you would know how to raise another child. Determine what you want for your future. Perhaps speak with your partner about your thoughts and feelings. Ensure that you spend additional time with your family at this time. Have a great day, Sueling!

Tlowe

October 13, 2018 at 10:19 am

I had a dream that I was at the hospital in the delivery room and I was so scared to give birth. The doctors had me walk throughout the halls until I was ready to push. I gave birth to a baby girl. The dream was very vivid…I was soo happy and i saw my baby’s face and everything.

October 13, 2018 at 10:29 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. It is possible that you are pregnant or you know someone in your life who is pregnant. Allow this dream to guide you to make decisions that are beneficial for your child or for those who are in your life. Reduce stress in your life, as this will bring you great benefits. Have a great day, Tlowe!

peace

September 28, 2018 at 2:03 pm

I dreamt of having problem delivery placenta after delivery my baby, pls what is the meaning

September 29, 2018 at 9:06 pm

This dream is a reflection of various influences and thoughts in your life. You may be pregnant or thinking about pregnancy. You are aware that you will give birth, though you are attached to the idea of being pregnant. You will find great benefit in reducing stress in your life. This will help you feel more prepared and positive for the future. Have a great day, Peace!

Sarah

September 25, 2018 at 9:57 pm

I dreamt about my eldest sister whom is not interested in giving birth in real life again gave birth to a baby boy in the dream.What could that mean please?

September 27, 2018 at 8:35 pm

This dream could be a reflection of various influences in your life. The knowledge that your sister doesn’t want to have children and her childbirth in your dream may be confusing. The media that you consume may have caused this dream to manifest. Conversations that you have had with other people may b reflected in this dream as well. Perhaps your thoughts and your sister caused her to appear in the dream. Have a great day, Sarah!

Theresa

September 24, 2018 at 6:52 am

I dreamed I was pregnant I felt the baby moving inside me and the the baby just came right through my stomach and it was painless I cleaned the baby but she was still attached to the umbilical cord. I asked for help to get to the hospital and mo one would take me what does this mean?

September 24, 2018 at 10:35 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your thoughts and influences. You may be thinking about having a child. There may be something that you want to create. You are uncertain about how the world will support you. You will find benefit with strengthening your reliance on yourself. Ensure that you support those who are in your life. Have a great day, Theresa!

Soniaa

September 23, 2018 at 10:39 am

I saw a dream that i gave birth to a boy but after sometime whn i went to see my bby it was a girl..in the dream only.. i m not married yet.. but the night i saw this dream i saw a video in which a woman was talking about her baby she has recntly deliverd n was not well.. so was the. Dream beacise of tht video?

September 24, 2018 at 2:07 am

Your dream may have been influenced by the video. There may be people in your life who are having children. You may be interested in developing a strong emotional relationship. Allow this dream to guide you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will bring positive people and energy toward you. Have a great day, Sonia!

Oyindamola

September 22, 2018 at 5:11 am

I dreamt that i was pushing out for a baby and it came out painless with the placenta and was giving to me… why am still laying down, I put the baby on my chest, it felt so real.

September 24, 2018 at 12:14 am

Your dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. You may be thinking of having a child. Someone else in your life may be experiencing pregnancy or childbirth. Allow this dream to guide you to determine what you want for you future. You will find benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Oyindamola!

Claudia

September 18, 2018 at 1:23 am

I dreamt I was pregnant and my pregnancy has due got thru alot of pain, crying and giving birth was painful in the dream as if it was real but when I gave birth to the Child. I felt Relief and was crying for the pain I went thru.

September 19, 2018 at 7:13 pm

Your dream is a reflection of the influences in your life. It is possible that you are thinking about having a child. There may be someone in your life that is experiencing pregnancy as well. Determine what you want for your future, and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Claudia!

Lilian

September 16, 2018 at 1:41 am

I dreamt that I was in hospital giving birth at 8 months,baby came out easily with a midwife help,stood up and went to meet the midwife,she asked me to go back on the bed not knowing that I had already put to bed had to tell her that I’ve already given birth and baby is on the bed,she came running,covered the baby girl and told me to lie on the bed and she inserted her hand inside me and removed the placenta,then I held my baby in the hands covered but the legs not covered,what could that dream mean please. Thank you

September 17, 2018 at 5:17 pm

This dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. It is possible that you are thinking about children. There may be someone in your life who is a midwife or who recently had a child. Allow this dream to influence you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will bring positive energy toward you. Have a great day, Lilian!

Anna

September 8, 2018 at 7:36 am

I dreamt that I was similarly at like a stair well, I didn’t know I was pregnant, but apparently I was. They laid me on the floor and then I had to spread to see how dialated I was cause I had really bad pains. I kept seeing myself though, like I escaped my body and saw myself giving birth…. I was panicking, but shortly after I gave birth. No pain. It was a baby boy. What does this mean?

September 8, 2018 at 9:27 pm

This dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. You may be thinking about having a child. Someone in your life may have influences thoughts regarding pregnancy as well. The stair well may be a sign that you are interested in change. You are aware that changes in your life may require exertion. Determine what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Anna!