What Does It Mean When You Dream About Giving Birth?

By on September 4, 2017

This can be an odd dream to have. If you have given birth to children before, then it could be just a blend of your subconscious memories. If you have never given birth before though, having this type of dream could really confuse it. Normally, giving birth in a dream does not mean that you will actually give birth soon in real life. Instead, this dream type is associated with a variety of different dream interpretations.

Dream About Giving Birth

When you dream about giving birth, it can mean that you are facing great changes in your normal life. You may feel like a new beginning is just around the corner, and you are ready for the emotional, spiritual or physical transformation. If you dream about pregnancy as well, it can mean that great events and changes are just around the corner. If you actually are pregnant though, a dream about giving birth may just be due to your expectations and fears for the future. We will also cover the common variations and interpretations of this dream meaning.

1. Witnessing the Birth of a Child

If you watch someone else giving birth in a dream, it means that you will soon have financial success. If a woman dreams about giving birth, it may represent a sense of happiness or contentment.

2. Lonely Women

If someone is lonely and female, dreaming about giving birth means that she feels like there are rumors about her in real life. When a man dreams that he is giving birth, it means that he is about to go through a difficult time socially or at work.

3. Helping With the Birth

Helping someone to give birth represents abundance and a sense of honor. When there is a good birth, it is a symbol of creativity, happiness and luck. Meanwhile, a difficult birth indicates major issues that you will have to overcome. If the birth in the dream is quite tiring, it may indicate that there are complications ahead of you in life. If the birth is unexpected, it may be a sign of misfortune.

4. Gender

It is said that giving birth to a girl in the dream means that you will soon be free of all of your troubles. If you give birth to a boy, it is said to represent tiredness and fatigue. Having twins symbolizes abundance and wealth. An easy birth also means joy and good luck.

5. You Are Giving Birth

When you are giving birth in the dream, it may mean that you have a new attitude toward life. You recognize that you must make efforts to achieve your dreams and take responsibility for your part in each situation. If you are a single woman, an old wives’ tale says that you will first experience sadness and misfortune before experiencing happiness.

Helping With the Birth

Other Dream Interpretations

Often, giving birth signals that there is good news arriving from abroad or exceptionally good luck. It can mean that good health and financial improvements are in your future. If you hear that someone else has given birth, it means that you will soon be saved from a difficult or complicated situation. It may also mean that you will achieve the success that you have been waiting so long for.

At its heart, giving birth is the ultimate transformation. From the love of two people, an entire other being is born. It is the ultimate new beginning and transformation. As such, a happy birth tends to represent abundance, new beginnings and the ability to work toward what you want.

Obviously, the ultimate meaning of the dream depends on what interpretation you give the dream. If a friend recently gave birth in your waking life, then the dream may just be representing some of the subconscious thoughts, feelings and memories that are going through your head. If you want to start a family, the dream may even be directly related to your desire to have children of your own. To really figure out what your dream means, you ave to figure out the situation in the dream, how you felt in the dream and who was involved. Then, you have to decide how these factors relate to your waking life. By doing this, you can create your own, individualized dream interpretation.

Joseoh

December 14, 2019 at 5:01 am

I’m a 19 year old male & I dreamt that I delivered a baby very easily, the child literally slid out into my hands. The person giving birth is real but I cannot remember who it was at all. And also the birth happened in some sort of transport vehicle; either a train or maxi. The person was also very happy when I delivered the child

January 5, 2020 at 10:56 am

You may be interested in having a child or you may know someone who is pregnancy. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times.

aaliyah m

December 4, 2019 at 6:22 am

i just had this same dream last night i had the baby and seen it grow in my stomach then had it straight after but it was easy and the baby was like a toddler and could talk and walk but then somehow the baby turned into a black cat but i didnt see it happen i just thought the black cat was my baby im so creeped out what does this mean?

January 20, 2020 at 2:22 pm

It seems that you may be interested in having a child or you are thinking about childbirth. The black cat could be an indication of your knowledge of strangers in your life. It is certain that a new child and the uncertainties about pregnancy influenced this dream.

Eynah

November 28, 2019 at 9:34 pm

I dream about see a celebrity couple come out of the car and I go to help them celebrity woman was pregnant but didn’t seem she was having labor pain she just went for checkup ,I help her way to doctor while her husband went to pack car then we find a lot of people have appointment with the doctor but idk how we enter doctor’s room because we were last for appointment,when we go inside she doctor put her on the bed and she easily giving birth with the help of a doctor and me,I didn’t see the gender of the baby but the baby was super cute😊then doctor handover the baby to me after I held the baby was smiling at me,instead of blood the baby was covered with yellow like dirty,then the husband come and saw his baby and he also smile infact doctor,celebrity couple ,me and the baby we were smile.and I’m trying to conceive .

January 20, 2020 at 3:53 pm

Since you are trying to conceive, perhaps this dream reflects your desire to have a baby. Judging by the dream, it seems like you may feel like everyone other than you is getting pregnant and you want a chance to conceive and have a child. Good luck!

Jess

November 14, 2019 at 12:28 am

Im 22 years old and not given birth before.I had a dream about giving birth I was in the hospital with my partner next to me pushing but only the after birth came out there was no baby. The hospital staff had disappeared and then we ran to the shop to get me some nappys as I was bleeding.

February 9, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Birth is often a sign of change. Perhaps you had this dream because you feel like there is some kind of change approaching in your relationship or lives together. The fact that there wasn’t a baby may just mean that you don’t feel like the change involves a baby, or it may mean that you aren’t fully prepared for the change to arrive quite yet.

Tina

November 8, 2019 at 12:14 am

I dreamed of giving birth to a baby girl really easily with little pain, she looked exactly like me, i was really happy and scared at the same time/

February 14, 2020 at 8:01 pm

Pregnancy dreams often represent a great change in your life. The fact that she looks like you may mean you feel like there is some continuity between your life now and your life after the change. The happy and scared feelings probably show how you feel about the upcoming change.

Kris

October 27, 2019 at 12:49 am

I dreamt of helping a woman giving a birth ( what was shoking is the details of the dream). It was quick and easy. It was a boy and as soon the boy felt the mother he smiled and looked very happy. It was beautiful happy looking little sunshine. I also held the baby while the nurse was cutting that long tube looking think that connects the mother and the baby( sorry my English is my second language). I also spoke to the father, telling him how happy the baby is. By the way I’m a Male, so I found this dream very strange.

March 5, 2020 at 11:14 am

Your dream may be a reflection of your thoughts regarding childbirth. You may recently have welcomes someone new into your life. The umbilical cord could be a manifestation of your knowledge of the connection between a child and it’s mother. Allow this dream to guide you to share your positive energy with the world.

Sukhneet Bhatti

October 24, 2019 at 4:47 pm

I saw a dream that one of my friend who has a daughter, his wife again gave birth to a little girl. I did not meet his wife or kid and just got to know about the child birth.

March 16, 2020 at 5:55 pm

It is possible that there were indications that made you realize that his wife was pregnant, or it is possible that she was not pregnant a second time. You may be interested in having a child, or you may know someone who is pregnant. Take this time to determine what you want for your future, and take appropriate action.

Kim

October 7, 2019 at 11:00 pm

I dreamed of being pregnant and will give birth on the day of my birthday. When my birthday comes, I witnessed a woman took the place for me ti labor and gave birth to my child. What does this mean?

Kim

October 7, 2019 at 11:02 pm

I’m 20 years old. Never been pregnant. Single.

February 19, 2020 at 5:54 pm

Your dream could have been a manifestation of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. Someone in your life may be pregnant or thinking about having children. Make a decision about what you feel is appropriate, and take whatever action that will help you reach your goals.

February 19, 2020 at 5:54 pm

Cb

October 5, 2019 at 5:49 pm

I had a dream, I was pregnant and in college and gave birth to a baby and after sometime gave birth to another baby.
    I had my mother and aunt with me.
    I was scared and thought couldn’t make it. But finally I gave birth easily.
    It’s a weird dream for me.

It was a baby of a superstar who suppose to be my husband in dream.
    (I have nothing to do with superstar) I also talked to my crush on phone.

February 4, 2020 at 8:33 pm

This dream seems to be a reflection of various social and emotional influences in your life. You mentioned your husband and your crush. Allow thoughts of your crush to fade, and focus your emotional energy on your husband. Spend additional time together, as this will strengthen your connection.

Inga

October 2, 2019 at 11:02 pm

I dreamt I was assisting a family friend give birth to twins. It was an easy and satisfying birth. When the first baby came out, the second one was on their way out and that caught me by surprise, in a good way. I didn’t know she was having twins. One of the newborns had to be rapped with sheep’s skin as it was the only thing there to wrap and keep her warm with. The newborns were both girls. The birth took place on a dirt road.

December 30, 2019 at 10:30 am

Giving birth is often a sign of change or creative expression. In this case, the change may be something you sense happening in your friend’s life or something that may be occurring in your relationship with each other.

Aria Allen Vi

October 2, 2019 at 5:05 am

In my dream i saw my sister giving birth to a baby boy but in my dream there was a lot of blood and we had to keep him in a bucket with water to get rid of the blood and finally wrapped him in a towel and he stopped bleeding and yawned happily and never once did he cry he was happy i found it so creepy that i still have chills….

Ps. My sister does indeed have a son and he was born not too early but i was not there with her nor have i seen her child yet.

December 30, 2019 at 9:13 am

Pregnancy and giving birth often represent changes. In this case, the change may be difficult to make, which is why the birth process was so traumatic in the dream. It is also entirely possible that the dream just reflects the fact that she did actually give birth to a son, although you weren’t actually there to see it.

Jordan

October 1, 2019 at 7:37 am

I’m about to be 27, I’ve never given birth and I’m single. I had a dream that I was floating in space and a star entered my womb. I watched the light come towards me and enter through my stomach. I became pregnant, nurtured my womb, and then I gave birth alone in the vacuum of space to the Earth. I could feel everything… the joy of the pregnancy, the pain of giving birth, and the love of my baby, which was Earth. It was a bizarre dream and I can’t stop thinking about it.

December 28, 2019 at 11:49 pm

This is a particularly powerful dream. This is related to your understanding of your place in the universe, and it is also an indication of your spiritual beliefs. This incredibly positive dream will guide you in a positive direction throughout your life. The pregnancy aspect of this dream is an indication of your understanding of creation and life.

Aaliyah

September 27, 2019 at 2:44 pm

Hello, hi my name is Aaliyah, I just recently had a dream about DAT I have long hair in the front and short hair in the back, and I was happy and smiling. And then day dream ended and I was asking my brother for shoes and he told mi go asks my mother. What does dis means

December 28, 2019 at 1:27 am

The hair aspect of your dream seems to be a sign that you are considering making a change in your life. Your hair is often a manifestation of how you display yourself to the outside world. The conversation between you and your brother could be a reflection of the relationship between you and your family members. If there is something that you want to do with your life, then you may want to speak with your mother about her thoughts and feelings.

Dorothy Danso

September 26, 2019 at 11:58 pm

I had a dream that my younger sister who is single has given birth to a beautiful baby girl. The family was happy but we weren’t sure of who the father of the baby was.
    What does it mean ,please.

December 28, 2019 at 1:12 am

Your dream is a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It is possible that you are aware that your sister is interested in having a child. You may be interested in having children as well. You may believe that your sister is promiscuous, or you are thinking about the personal lives of other social and emotional relationships. Regardless, nourish your relationship with your sister by spending additional time with her in person.

Mandy

September 24, 2019 at 12:44 am

Last night dreamt inwithnessed the birth of a bdby boy. I myself am not pregnant and have a son. What can this mean. It’s the third time I dreamt of witnessing a birth

December 24, 2019 at 11:38 am

You may be thinking about having a child. It is possible that you are aware that someone in your life is pregnant at this time. If you feel that there is a specific action that you should take, then do whatever you feel is appropriate.

kayla

September 21, 2019 at 10:56 pm

I dreamt that i was pregnant and about to give birth on a bed with some help from my aunty,i was nervous and after that realised i wasnt pregnant,what does that mean?

December 23, 2019 at 5:50 pm

Pregnancy is often a sign of transformation, so your dream probably means that you sense a coming change or transformation in your life (probably not a pregnancy, but it’s always possible). The fact that you suddenly end up not being pregnant may mean that you don’t want any changes in your life and wish you could stop them from happening.

ANNE MARIE

December 24, 2019 at 5:01 am

I dream of my cousin pushing out a baby and I was shouting for help that she had a miscarriage but the baby was surrounded by water and the baby was beautiful and I wanted to carry nut she did not and I tried. What it means

December 24, 2019 at 8:48 am

The dream seems to indicate that you sense an approaching change in your cousin’s life. It is also possible that the change involves the relationship between you and your cousin–it may be transforming, growing or changing in some way because pregnancy dreams typically reflect an approaching change.

Milo

September 20, 2019 at 10:52 am

Hello, I am 16. I haven’t had any children. I have had another dream about giving birth to another deer/human species to adapt to the planet and I was being inseminated with this alien DNA by my father. The first two times the alien had died and I felt the miscarriage. I felt the pain of it all and I had gone into a mild depression but, I tried to not focus on my personal feelings and more on the fact of saving the human race. The third time we did the experiment had gone correctly and I had moved to Spain to raise the new creature and get a degree. Last night I had a dream where I was pregnant for 9 months and was happy. I didn’t know the father but, it didn’t matter to me or the people around me. I was on a swamp/lake house in the country. I gave birth but, I didn’t remember any of it and the baby wasn’t there. I forgot all about it. A few days later my grandmother had the baby in her arms singing a lullaby. I asked her who’s it was and she said it was mine. Then I suddenly was back in time when I’m giving birth but, it was different. I was in a bathroom with red towels on it and I remember pushing but no pain and I had a baby girl, Mia, raised her for 5 years and then woke up.

December 23, 2019 at 2:07 pm

Pregnancies often reflect major changes and transitions in life. In this case, your pregnancy may be a sign that you are undergoing a change in your waking life. It may feel completely unfamiliar, which is why you were pregnant with an unfamiliar species in your dream. Neither pregnancy seems particularly traumatic or difficult, so your subconscious mind must sense that you have the ability to navigate this major life change in your waking life, even if it is an unfamiliar one.

Shawna P

September 18, 2019 at 1:20 am

I had a dream where I was with my mother then felt something looked down and seen a baby head. My mother went to get towels or blanket. It didn’t hurt then I had the baby in my hand and there was blood or fluid on the baby eyes and stomach. I tried to clean it off when it didn’t cry I rub his chest, he started moving then cried and I woke up 😐 What does that mean!?!

December 21, 2019 at 5:27 pm

The dream seems to show an approaching change in your life, although not necessarily a pregnancy. While the change may come as a surprise like the change in your dream, it seems like your subconscious mind is confident that you will be able to adjust to it once it happens.

pavani

September 17, 2019 at 7:32 pm

I m married and 22 year old…planning for a pregnancy..in dream I gave birth for a baby girl very easily without pain….

December 21, 2019 at 5:22 pm

The fact that you are actually planning for a pregnancy means this kind of dream may just be simple wish fulfillment. Pregnancy often means a transformation or change in your dreams, so the dream may mean you are planning for a major change in your waking life.

Rosie

December 23, 2019 at 4:14 am

I’m 11 and I had a dream my also 11 year old friend was giving birth even though previously in the dream she had not shown any sign s of pregnancy in the dream I was happy and wanted to look after the baby after the birth I did not find out the babies gender in the dream but only the second half was in the hospital the first half was outside school and on a bus rushing to the hospital with all my friends another of my friends was also helping with the birth what does it mean?

December 24, 2019 at 9:11 am

Pregnancy is often symbolic of a transformation. In this case, you may sense some kind of approaching change or transformation for your friend in real life, so you dreamed that she was pregnant.

Brittany

September 17, 2019 at 8:08 am

I’m 23 years old, never dated, never had children, yet I keep having this reoccurring dream that I’m pregnant or in labor. In the dream, my friends and family are all happy for me, they are encouraging and they are elated. Over time, my attitude about the situation has changed. It used to frighten me at first, as I felt I was too young, still had to finish school, and there was no father. Recently, I’ve actually been happy and relaxed. The other night, I finally gave birth to four sons and actually saw them and held them. What might that mean?

December 20, 2019 at 9:42 pm

Pregnancy and birth are typically a sign of transformation and change. It seems like you are coming to terms with changes in your life and accepted the fact that you are now an adult. As you mentioned, you even felt happy and relaxed in your more recent dreams.