What Does It Mean When You Dream About Giving Birth?

By on September 4, 2017

This can be an odd dream to have. If you have given birth to children before, then it could be just a blend of your subconscious memories. If you have never given birth before though, having this type of dream could really confuse it. Normally, giving birth in a dream does not mean that you will actually give birth soon in real life. Instead, this dream type is associated with a variety of different dream interpretations.

Dream About Giving Birth

When you dream about giving birth, it can mean that you are facing great changes in your normal life. You may feel like a new beginning is just around the corner, and you are ready for the emotional, spiritual or physical transformation. If you dream about pregnancy as well, it can mean that great events and changes are just around the corner. If you actually are pregnant though, a dream about giving birth may just be due to your expectations and fears for the future. We will also cover the common variations and interpretations of this dream meaning.

1. Witnessing the Birth of a Child

If you watch someone else giving birth in a dream, it means that you will soon have financial success. If a woman dreams about giving birth, it may represent a sense of happiness or contentment.

2. Lonely Women

If someone is lonely and female, dreaming about giving birth means that she feels like there are rumors about her in real life. When a man dreams that he is giving birth, it means that he is about to go through a difficult time socially or at work.

3. Helping With the Birth

Helping someone to give birth represents abundance and a sense of honor. When there is a good birth, it is a symbol of creativity, happiness and luck. Meanwhile, a difficult birth indicates major issues that you will have to overcome. If the birth in the dream is quite tiring, it may indicate that there are complications ahead of you in life. If the birth is unexpected, it may be a sign of misfortune.

4. Gender

It is said that giving birth to a girl in the dream means that you will soon be free of all of your troubles. If you give birth to a boy, it is said to represent tiredness and fatigue. Having twins symbolizes abundance and wealth. An easy birth also means joy and good luck.

5. You Are Giving Birth

When you are giving birth in the dream, it may mean that you have a new attitude toward life. You recognize that you must make efforts to achieve your dreams and take responsibility for your part in each situation. If you are a single woman, an old wives’ tale says that you will first experience sadness and misfortune before experiencing happiness.

Helping With the Birth

Other Dream Interpretations

Often, giving birth signals that there is good news arriving from abroad or exceptionally good luck. It can mean that good health and financial improvements are in your future. If you hear that someone else has given birth, it means that you will soon be saved from a difficult or complicated situation. It may also mean that you will achieve the success that you have been waiting so long for.

At its heart, giving birth is the ultimate transformation. From the love of two people, an entire other being is born. It is the ultimate new beginning and transformation. As such, a happy birth tends to represent abundance, new beginnings and the ability to work toward what you want.

Obviously, the ultimate meaning of the dream depends on what interpretation you give the dream. If a friend recently gave birth in your waking life, then the dream may just be representing some of the subconscious thoughts, feelings and memories that are going through your head. If you want to start a family, the dream may even be directly related to your desire to have children of your own. To really figure out what your dream means, you ave to figure out the situation in the dream, how you felt in the dream and who was involved. Then, you have to decide how these factors relate to your waking life. By doing this, you can create your own, individualized dream interpretation.

Crystal

July 24, 2019 at 1:01 pm

I had a dream that I was on a table, there was a doctor and another person present. And I was about to have a baby. The doctor told me to pee so the baby would come out. I felt no pain at all but I was upset about giving birth because we hadn’t had the reveal party for the baby yet. The doctor said push I ask how she said pee so I did and the baby came out and I quickly ask “what is it” the doctor out the baby in my arms and as I saw the gender the doctor said smiling it’s a boy I said “aww, but I wanted a girl” the baby was laid in my arms unwrapped in a blanket and he was a chuncky baby and I could clearly see it was a boy.
    Re

July 24, 2019 at 7:20 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy or children. You may have recently had a discussion about children of childbirth. You may be interested in having a daughter, though you are aware that you may have a son in the future. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Crystal!

chulu

July 24, 2019 at 9:23 am

I had a dream that my ex girlfriend was giving birth and I was there to support her. What does it mean? It was a baby boy

July 24, 2019 at 6:41 pm

This dream is a reflection of your previous emotional connection with your ex. The birth could be a reflection of your knowledge of change. Ensure that this dream guides you in a positive direction. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. If you are no longer maintaining a friendship with this person, then allow thought of him to fade. Have a great day, Chulu!

Luke maartens

July 24, 2019 at 2:53 am

Please answer this,I had a dream where I was in a monoracial relationship where I was busy witnessing my partner(note that the person who is my partner in the dream I do not recognize from real life)giving birth(I am male),at first I am overwhelmed with joy but it sion turns to shock as could not distinguish the child born was of a different ethnicity, i didn’t pay attention to the gender of the child, in the dream I preceded to ask my partner the following “tell me the truth are you of a different ethnicity,it doesn’t Matter if you are. I just need to know”, my thoughts at that moment in the dream is confirming my partner to be of a different or mixed ethnicity as to make sense of my child’s identity. My partner then answers she is of the same ethnicity as I. After that I leave the delivery room feeling stressed,sad,confused and eventually paranoid,I then start to imagine my partner cheating on me (leading to the “pregnancy”)with another male of a different ethnicity. It deeply upsets and saddens me at the thought of my partner possibly being unfaithful and lying about the the child being mine. That is where the dream ends.

July 24, 2019 at 6:16 pm

This dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. You are aware that some partners make the decision to not be faithful. You will find great benefit in abstaining from consuming dramatic media. Allow the negative aspect of this dream to fade. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Luke!

Gladys

July 23, 2019 at 7:53 pm

My dream was i am with my old school mate and i was shouting that I’m giving birth and I’m telling to everyone that I will be fine because it will be cessarrian birth I can handle it and i saw all in my dream my elementary and high school classmate every one was sharing all our past

July 24, 2019 at 8:04 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social relationship with this person from your past. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. You may have recently spoken about pregnancy or childbirth. You may be interested in reaching out to various people from your past. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Gladys!

Heather

July 23, 2019 at 9:27 am

Last night i had a dream i was giving brith and i don’t remember the location but when i was giving brith once i heard a baby crying my emotions went to a happy state and i don’t know what it means and am 26 and am dating if you could help with this dream id aprecasin for the answer

July 24, 2019 at 10:00 pm

It seems that this dream could be an indication of your desires regarding pregnancy. You may have recently spoken with someone about children or pregnancy. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your partner about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Heather!

Meda

July 23, 2019 at 6:54 am

I had a dream I was watching someone give birth. Their babies were in the water sack on their belly. They would say to me it’s new you can see your baby.i watch them give birth 2 or 3 people. Then I give birth and my baby is gone. I cry and cry as I ask my husband for my baby and no one says anything they just look at me and smile. Then all of a sudden people start giving me kids and babies. Emotionally exhausting dream.

July 24, 2019 at 4:35 pm

This dream seems to be a reflection of various influences in your life. You may be interested in having a child. Someone in your life may recently have given birth. It is possible that you had some conversations regarding children or pregnancy. Make a decision about what you want for your future and take appropriate action. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Meda!

Wendy

July 22, 2019 at 1:05 am

In my dream I dreamt of my mother giving birth to a baby girl. When I saw the baby I was crying because in real life I wanted another sibling specifically a girl. In my dream my family were there too, but didn’t not pay much attention which was odd.

July 22, 2019 at 2:19 pm

This dream is a reflection of your desire to have a sister. It is possible that something in your life caused this dream to appear. Your mother may be interested in having a child. You may have spoken with someone about pregnancy or childbirth. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Wendy!

Crystal

July 24, 2019 at 12:19 pm

July 24, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Ashwini

July 21, 2019 at 8:56 am

I’m a married girl with 5yrs old kid… I’m just 23.i dreamed like a girl kid she might be like 5 or 6 years old she gave a birth to a baby what does this mean. In a few months I’m going to sign my divorce agreement papers…

July 22, 2019 at 1:57 pm

Birth is often a dream of your knowledge of change. You are not happy in your current relationship and will be signing your divorce papers. It seems that the two of you have already made a decision about this relationship. While you continue to maintain this relationship, ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with the child. It is important that the child in your life is cared for as much as possible, regardless of the stress that is in your life at this time. Have a great day, Ashwini!

Aishwarya

July 20, 2019 at 9:59 pm

Not basically in night but after 5:30 am in the morning I saw this . I was giving birth to my child . There was no one I mean my mother and the lady both in hastle coming and going back don’t know where but finally I gave birth with no assistance. I saw his face full red, whole body was in blood I took him in my hands , my boyfriend was also there may be he was expecting a girl he took photos and then the doctor take him in from me. The child was quite after that the whole dream changed I don’t know but I was traveling with my family members, not close ones I was asking them to go back I want to take my baby withe and when we got stuck I was shouting at them why didn’t they let me go back. I called my mother I was begging for my child and then I woke up .

July 21, 2019 at 8:50 pm

This dream seemed to be reflections of various influences in your life. It is possible that you are thinking about children. The blood could be a reflection of various media influences in your lfie. You will find great benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. This will help draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Aishwarya!

Gabby

July 20, 2019 at 2:23 am

Im 15 and i had a dream that i was giving birth and it was a very easy birth it didn’t hurt at all all of my family at least 10 people where there to witness it what does that mean ? I never saw the baby tho

July 21, 2019 at 3:27 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy and childbirth. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. You may have spoken with someone about pregnancy or childbirth. Make a decision about what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Gabby!

Girlly

July 18, 2019 at 3:13 am

I had a dream in which I gave birth to a baby girl. My ex was also in that dream.

July 18, 2019 at 6:18 pm

This dream may be an indication of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. The presence of your ex is a reflection of your previous social and emotional relationship with him. If you are no longer maintaining a relationship with your ex, then allow thought of this person to fade. Make a decision about what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Girlly!

Nathoya

July 18, 2019 at 2:27 am

Last night I dreamt that another friend and myself were in public and suddenly in full labor. We both were pushing out a baby, we are not pregnant in real life. I look down and I can see the baby head coming out but I wasn’t in any pains whatsoever, but it took a couple of good pushes and the whole baby came out bloody and silent. I got a little worried that the baby was not crying but after rubbing it’s back the baby began crying. I can’t remember where the baby went after that but I got up and began walking towards a store to make a purchase. I was walking very slowly and my stomach looked like someone who has recently delivered a baby though I wasn’t in any pain this entire time. In my dream I felt a sense of contentment that I delivered safely and the baby was healthy.

July 18, 2019 at 6:16 pm

Dreams about pregnancy are indications of your thoughts regarding childbirth. The presence of your friend may be an indication that you are thinking about this social relationship as well. Make a decision about what you want for your future. If you are interested in having a child, then take appropriate action. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Nathoya!

Nieng

July 20, 2019 at 7:23 pm

Lastnight i have two babies and they were grown up… But we did not acknowledge them that i am her mom… So they are about to leave and i was crying alot helplessly…

Moreover i saw my ex husband and ex boyfriend.. My ex boyfriend was trying to kiss me …i did not allow hilm to do so… So he left me…in my mind i was regretting a lil bit… Because i love him a lot…

July 21, 2019 at 7:57 pm

The two aspects of this dream are indications of your emotional desires and relationships. The presence of your ex husband and ex boyfriend are indications of your previous emotional relationships. Ensure that this dream guide you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. This will help draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Nieng!

Annette

July 17, 2019 at 2:07 pm

Me and this guy are on bad terms, but the night before, I’ve had a dream that he will contact me by phone and I got happy to see his name on my phone , and out of nowhere, we were watching tv and I thought to myself, “I’m so glad I gave it more time!” Now, in this dream I had last nite, I was in the hospital and I was in labor and the same guy was my husband in the dream, and he stood beside me as I gave birth to twins. I hardly felt pain, but I was very scared of the pain beforehand. I am not pregnant and I don’t want kids.

July 17, 2019 at 7:10 pm

This dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. You are on bad terms with this person, though this dream may be an indication that you want to spend additional time with him. Make a decision about what you want for your future and take appropriate action. If there is someone in your life that you want to maintain a relationship with, then speak with that person about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Annette!

Danyel

July 17, 2019 at 12:07 pm

I had a dream I gave birth to my son on a boat and had no signs of labor, but when I had him I never saw him until I finally made it to the hospital I saw the umbilical cord and placenta on the floor though

July 17, 2019 at 7:00 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. You may have spoken with someone about pregnancy or childbirth. Ensure that this dream guides you to make a decision about what you want for your future. Take appropriate action. Have a great day, Danyel!

Melissa

July 17, 2019 at 8:34 am

Last night I had a dream that I was at a work meeting at a former employer. And all of a sudden I was pregnant. We went to a hospital and I pushed and pushed and pushed to no avail. Baby never came. And then I went on with life. When I woke up my belly was hurting. I cant remember if I held a baby or not. I think I did but I’m not sure.

July 17, 2019 at 6:13 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your relationship with your previous employer. It is possible that you are interested in having a child at this time. Make a decision about what you want for your future. If you want to have a child, then take appropriate action. You will draw positive people and energy into your life by sharing our kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Melissa!

B Banks

July 17, 2019 at 1:14 am

I had a dream that I was telling someone that I wl delivered three weeks time or month ending

July 17, 2019 at 5:00 pm

Dreams about pregnancy are indications of your thoughts regarding children. It is possible that you had a discussion with someone about children or childbirth. Ensure that this dream guides you to make a decision about your future. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Banks!

Liz

July 24, 2019 at 5:54 am

I had a dream about my mother. It felt more like dejavu. I saw myself being born.

July 24, 2019 at 5:40 pm

This dream is a reflection of your birth, which is often an indication of change and maturing. Ensure that this dream guides you to behave in a beneficial manner. Share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Liz!

Arielle

July 16, 2019 at 5:21 am

Last night I had a dream that I gave birth alone at night to a baby girl, suddenly she was crawling, then walking and the same height as my 5 year old daughter. Then I remember I forgot to birth the placenta and took it out by giving a good push. I am nine months pregnant with a boy.

July 16, 2019 at 3:10 pm

Dreams about pregnancy are indications of your thoughts regarding childbirth. You are aware that you are nine months pregnant. That may be the reason why this dream appeared. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. When your child is born, you will find great benefit in spending as much time as possible with him. Have a great day, Arielle!

fiona

July 16, 2019 at 3:59 am

I had this dream, where I was siting in the waiting area of a hospital, I had this feeling that the baby is coming as I reached down I could feel the head, and the next moment the baby was born. I told my Mom (mom -past away last year)
    to go and call a nurse. As she left I saw i was holding a baby girl.
    I had no pain got up and walked to the other room.
    I’m not pregnant.

July 16, 2019 at 12:21 pm

The pregnancy most likely shows an approaching change or transformation in your life. The fact that your mother is there in the dream most likely shows that you wish that she could be there with you as you try to navigate all of these changes and transformations in your waking life.

Amanda Reyna

July 15, 2019 at 10:16 pm

Last night I had a dream that I was in labor. Baby head was coming out and my husband pushed the head back in. I told him to stop that, Then we went to the Hospital. Baby never came back out.
    What does this mean?

July 16, 2019 at 12:17 pm

Pregnancy and giving birth dreams are often a sign of a transformation or a change in your life. The fact that your husband pushed the head back in and it never reemerged seems to indicate that you or your husband (or both) is not ready for this upcoming change.

Sonam

July 15, 2019 at 7:43 pm

I recently got divorced and last night I saw delivering a baby. As this days I am in dilemma whether it’s going to b good or bad with one important thing in my life. This thing I m not able to even take decision n hop this dream is indicating something for me.pls suggest me.

July 16, 2019 at 12:11 pm

If someone else is having the baby and delivering it, it may mean that you are watching the world around you go through great, positive changes without experiencing any of them for yourself. The recent divorce may be part of the reason why your subconscious feels this way. Thankfully, dreams only reflect your subconscious mental state, so it is entirely possible that positive changes are in your future–you just have to go after them!