My Crush Knows I Like Him – Now What?

By on March 1, 2015

So you finally told your crush you like him or uhm your friends or enemies did, now what are you going to do? It depends on whether you think he likes you, or not. The ultimate goal, of course, is to convince him that he does. Whilst sometimes that’s impossible, it’s often just a matter of getting him to notice you in the right way.

547d6dd3a9bdb6d3c72177bf491e09f1

Relax and Smile

If at first you feel a little nervous (which is expected!) then try to relax. What he will notice about you is the things any guy will notice about you – your smile, how confident you seem and just in general how much you are enjoying your life. Be happy to be you and he will be happy to be around you. Even if he doesn’t come to fancy you, he can still come to enjoy your company.

If you find yourself getting nervous try thinking about it at home – how will you deal with his presence? Imagine him being there and you going about your day as normal. It may sound silly but sometimes we need a little practice in dealing with our crush.

Don’t Be Clingy

OK, so you might not run up to him and attach yourself to him. Especially if you don’t already know him very well. The point I’m making is that whilst it’s OK stealing glances at him ever so often, he might start getting uncomfortable if you are staring at him all the time when he’s around. Keep it cool. Don’t completely ignore him (that’s equally silly – you want him to notice you after all, how else will he fall for the fabulous you?), but also make sure he doesn’t get uncomfortable around you because you are giving him puppy eyes.

Remember men want to chase, not be chased. It’s sexy showing a little bit of interest and being flirtatious, being comfortable with flirting, but you also have to show you have a life. Show you aren’t intimidated by him knowing how you feel – you’re someone who shows interest to find out if there is interest. But you are too busy living your amazing life to care too much. If he’s interested, that’s great, but if he isn’t, you have more important things to do than waiting around. By showing you are happy, you don’t need his approval and that your life doesn’t stop in its tracks whenever he’s around, he will soon start trying to win you over if he has an interest.

29b80ba758cf5c0d1035b1faff5db9f2

If He Shows Interest, Take It Easy

When a guy you like shows interest in you, chances are you will get as excited as excited can be. Of course you will! Don’t throw yourself at him if he does though. Play it cool. After all, you are vetting him. Is he working hard enough to win you over? Having interest in someone means you have a certain level of attraction. It doesn’t mean you know if you would actually like to be dating them. He could prove to be a terrible friend, or have no clue of how to make you happy. Take your time to find out if he’s worth it.

Definitively don’t put the rest of your life on hold for him. Don’t answer every text you get immediately. Don’t reschedule you life to go on a date. Clearly show him you have a life you are happy with and if he gets to be part of it then he’s privileged.

Avoid Your Friends Giggling When He’s Around

If all your friends start giggling, pointing at him, or simply staring at him whenever he’s around, chances are he will be freaked out. Whilst some guys like that kind of attention, most don’t. Also, it puts him in a position where he knows how special he is to you. He shouldn’t be special until you find out how well he is going to treat you. Make your friends understand how important it is you that they behave nicely when he’s around.

Talk To Him

For anything to actually happen, you have to eventually talk to him. Take it easy. Start with passing comments and work your way to the point where you have a proper conversation. Show that you are cool around him. If he seems interested be flirtatious, but don’t overdo it. As mentioned earlier – let him work for it.

ff90fc7e1da017a0f103d7e525b463bb

Image Source: Pinterest

1507760_10152392614860079_8379465670289960282_n copy 2By Maria Montgomery – Maria is a freelance writer, director and social entrepreneur. She’s also the spokesperson for The Little Angels Community Center and an avid blogger. You can find her somewhere between Cape Town, London and L.A., where you will most likely find her in the hills, looking out over the city she loves. @OhMyMontgomery

Rorie

March 1, 2019 at 10:57 am

I told my crush I liked him at the end of school and we both had a conversation about it and when I actually told him I did have feelings he stopped and smiled at me and he said it was “common” for that to happen said “thx for telling me” idk what to do should I keep him as a friend and just continue with my old life before I met him or should I try more? He’s two years older than me

March 2, 2019 at 8:27 pm

He has informed you of his feelings. He is neutral toward you, though it is possible that his feelings will grow over time. Determine what you believe is appropriate for the future. You may nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. You can choose to focus your emotional energy elsewhere. Ensure that you always share your kindness and compassion with him. Have a great day, Rorie!

Nevaeh

February 23, 2019 at 1:57 pm

I told my crush I like him over text and I told him to avoid me at school and he said he’s not gonna avoid me at school because I don’t deserve that and I told him how I can’t believe I did that and we both sent laughing emojis the problem is I don’t know if he likes me or not he didn’t say anything. Ok so before I told him that I liked him we made eye contact a lot and when I told him out of the corner of my eye Inalways see him staring but I never look his way cause I get super scared. The other thing is when we text each other were like bestfriends but at school were complete strangers I need advice on what to do and I can’t talk to him or I’ll pee my pants what do I do.

February 23, 2019 at 10:09 pm

His behaviors may be manifestations of his social and emotional connection with you. He may be interested in developing a relationship with you. You should not be concerned about speaking with him, as it is clear that he cares for you as well. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Nevaeh!

Haley

February 6, 2019 at 2:28 pm

So my friend told my crush I like him. She said he smiled and said that he already knew. We make eye contact in the hall and in class. We kinda talked for a few minutes but not much. My friend says that he was looking at me when I was putting my computer away in class. And she also said that when we left class, he pushed in front of people just to walk next to me. But idk what to believe. Today, my back was against my friends locker bc I was waiting for her. was waiting by my friends locker, which is right by his, and he comes up and pits his back against his locker (he was right by me and his arm was touching mine) and he was talking to his friend. Then he acted like he was gonna poor water on me. Idk what to do. We would only talk occasionally before I told him I liked him.

February 6, 2019 at 8:46 pm

His behavior is an indication that he is interested in developing a relationship with you as well. Your friend likely was accurate with her recollection. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Haley!

Jocelyn

February 5, 2019 at 9:08 pm

okay so i told my crush i like him and that i don’t care if we aren’t friends anymore because of this, i know he likes me back and said we can still be friends but when we went back to school we don’t talk a lot like we use to he just stares at me with a smile on his face and i don’t know what to do anymore

February 6, 2019 at 8:14 pm

You have shared your thoughts and feelings with him, and he shared himself with you. He is happy that you like him, and his behavior is an indication of those feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Perhaps attempt to see him outside of school. Have a great day, Jocelyn!

Person

January 28, 2019 at 7:48 pm

I confessed to my crush that I like him three days ago and he said that we will talk about it. I’ve waited and waited but he still haven’t approached me, but I can tell that he wants my attention when he’s around. A friend of my crush told me that my crush told his friends that he will talk to me two days ago and I waited again, yet he didn’t do anything. What do I do??

January 29, 2019 at 9:54 pm

It is possible that he is shy or uncertain about how to reach out to you. It is likely that you will be benefited by speaking with him about your thoughts and feelings again. Be certain to give him an opportunity to share his thoughts and feelings with you at that time. Spending additional time with him by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Person!

Lexi

February 9, 2019 at 8:52 am

So I did the same thing I said it to him yesterday. You need to relax and calm yourself. Maybe he likes u back or maybe he doesn’t. Try not to get clingy around him. Good Luck!!

February 11, 2019 at 12:18 pm

Thank you for sharing your experiences and insights. We always appreciate when members of our community share their supportive comment. Have a great day, Lexi!

Ellie

January 28, 2019 at 1:36 pm

I told my crush I liked him after school today. I told him that I was going to tell my crush I liked him after school and he kept asking who it was and I wouldn’t say. Then I went up to him and I said “you wanna know who I like” and he excitedly said, “yeah!”. Then I awkwardly finger gunned at him and said “you!” And then walked really fast away from him. My friend said he looked confused before turning and walking away. I don’t know how he felt about it!

January 29, 2019 at 9:35 pm

It is entirely reasonable that he felt confused with your behavior. After you told him that you liked him, you walked away from him. This most certainly made him feel confused and uncertain. Speak with him tomorrow about your thoughts and feelings. Be certain to give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Ellie!

Marley❤️🎉😊

January 27, 2019 at 1:58 pm

Okay so I was texting my crush for a while then I just told him I liked him and he was like really and I said yea I mean ur funny and have a good personality. He said ur cool too ig ❤️💙 but that’s not how he talks he was acting wierd and hasn’t texted me what he said was wierd Bc it was like he was shy but he’s never shy so I was confused

January 27, 2019 at 8:00 pm

The two of you have shared your thoughts and feelings with each other. He may be not speaking with you because he is confused or uncertain about his feelings. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Marley!

Madison

January 24, 2019 at 1:47 pm

I gave my crush a note saying i liked him and didn’t care if he liked me back. He hasn’t talked to me since. He keeps looking at me and showing off in front of me. His friends even look at me and one today even snapped over my head and said his name. I act very cool around him because I don’t care if he knows I like him, I’m not ashamed. And he’ll even every once in awhile touch my arm or something. It’s been 4 weeks since he’s talked to me last. HELP ME!

January 25, 2019 at 11:01 pm

You have informed him that you didn’t care if he liked you back. This most certainly caused him to feel confused and uncertain. This may have influenced his actions. It is possible that he is still interested in maintaining a relationship with you. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Madison!

Someone

January 17, 2019 at 1:52 pm

Ok so I told my crush that I liked him (and I suspected he possibly liked me too) And he said “okay” multiple times and smiled and blushed a little. The next day he didn’t talk to me at all but he was super red, we kept eye contact twice that whole day. The day after that, we kinda talked a little, but not exactly how we had the times before I told him I liked him. I don’t really know what to do or how to react? Help?!?!?

January 17, 2019 at 11:17 pm

His behaviors are indications that he is shy or embarrassed. He may be interested in developing a relationship with you, but he may not know how to behave. You should speak with him again. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. It is likely that his feelings have grown for you over the past few days. Have a great day, Someone!

Ava

May 5, 2019 at 9:46 pm

I had the same thing happen to me when I liked this guy and I told him I liked him he said he already knew and didn’t talk to me until one day his friends were pushing him torwards me and at first I was nervous until his friends left and he ended up asking me out and we are now dating so I would give it time between you and your crush and maybe the same thing will happen and I wish you good luck with him and hopefully something good will happen ♥️

May 5, 2019 at 10:31 pm

There is no reason to be shy or afraid at this time. He is aware of your feelings for him. It is certainly possible that he is interested in you as well. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Ava!

Elizabeth Tan

January 4, 2019 at 8:25 am

So I was texting my crush and he told me one of our friends (let’s just call him Dean) was being rude. I didn’t expect Dean of all people to be rude but my crush said Dean wasn’t rude around me because Dean had a crush on me. I was surprised and my crush asked if I liked Dean back, I said I had feelings for someone else and when my crush said who I said I would rather not say. So he asks me is the guy I like is in my class so I said yes. So he asked me if the guys name started with a certain letter,(my crush is the only guy in our class whose name starts with S). Eventually he asked if the first letter was “S” and I said maybe. His exact words were “that only leaves one person left.” So I got nervous and didn’t respond. He stopped texting me what do I do

January 4, 2019 at 3:43 pm

The two of you were having a conversation. You did not respond. He did not attempt to continue the conversation. It is likely that he is aware of your feelings for him. He may share similar feelings for you. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Elizabeth!

Grace

January 6, 2019 at 7:21 am

Play it cool. Don’t text him until he’s texted you first. It sounds crazy, but if you show him that he’s not the only guy in your life, he will be CRAZY about you. Focus on improving yourself in any ways you’ve wanted to. Give him something he can’t say no to! You go, girlfrie d! Act casual around him and don’t totally ignore him but don’t always be with him all the time. Hope all gets better!

January 6, 2019 at 11:18 pm

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings. We always appreciate when members of our community share their insights and experiences. Please share more of your positive comments in the future. Have a great day, Grace!

Someone over thinking

December 20, 2018 at 12:03 pm

I told my crush i like him today and he said ‘i’ve heard that and i was cool. I thought i’d get to know you better’ he also offered me a hug but i kinda ignored it. It’s going to be super awkward now and i keep thinking about it. What do i do?

December 22, 2018 at 11:52 am

You told him that you had a crush on him. He responded positively. He then offered you a hug, which you ignored. This certainly caused him to feel confused and uncertain. This is the reason why things are weird between the two of you. Learn from this lesson and apply this knowledge to your future relationships. Have a great day, Someone!

unknown

December 18, 2018 at 8:26 pm

its movie day in my homeroom and towards the end of the movie he tells me that he likes me . i stay in shock and turn red and respond saying um,i like you too . later onn one of his bestfriends say that he was staring at me throught the rest of the movie bc he was sitting in the desk and chair infront of me when he confessed but then moved to the other side of an object . {i was on one side] . Now in present tense it seems like he is …ignoring me? idont get that tho bc in my messages he sent me a heart a few days ago .I have to mention his name 3-4 times to get his attention , and when i do he replies wih “what?” Im confused deeply . WHAT DID I DDO WRONG , WHY IS HE IGNORING ME , WHAT CAN I DO TO SOLVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!1111

December 19, 2018 at 6:56 pm

You didn’t do anything wrong. He has chosen to be disrespectful toward you after sharing his feelings with you. This may be for a variety of reasons. You may want to attempt to speak with him again. However, if he treats you poorly, then you should focus your emotional energy elsewhere. You do not deserve to be ignored or yelled at. Have a great day, Anon!

rach

December 7, 2018 at 12:04 pm

i told my crush i like him today after school was over. i was really nervous at first but i calmed down and played it cool. after i said that i like him, he was silent for a couple of seconds but then he nodded his head and said “i figured.“ i didn’t know what to do so i said yeah and then he said see you later and he got on his bus. what do i do know?

December 7, 2018 at 7:47 pm

You have shared your thoughts and feelings with him. He has responded, though his response was an indication of his uncertainty. It is likely that his feelings with grow over time. You may nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. You may want to give him an opportunity to share his thoughts and feelings with you as well. Have a great day, Rach!

Rénee

November 29, 2018 at 6:38 pm

So, a couple days ago I told my crush I liked him through text. But before that we where talking everyday and everytime he saw me he would wave and say hi and always try to strike up a conversation. Well someone said something about me liking him and his sister who is my friend said that I didn’t. Well I was stressing out about it and told him that I did like him. But I’m not sure if he read the message, but now he doesn’t talk to me like we used to. I’m not sure if I did the right thing or not and I don’t know what to do. Any advice?

November 29, 2018 at 9:24 pm

There may be various reasons for the change in his behaviors. He may be uncertain or confused about his feelings. He may have varying sources, and he likely does not know the truth about your feelings. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Ensure that you spend additional time with him in person, as this will nourish your relationship. Have a great day, Renee!

Tee

November 24, 2018 at 6:58 pm

Okay so.. I told my crush through text that I really really like him.. But he told me he isn’t ready to date cause he’s busy and stuffs like that… But few days later I told him to forget everything I said about the liking thingy, that I ever told him… Did I do the right thing?
    And all he said was okay… Do you think he’s mad at me?

November 25, 2018 at 7:54 pm

You shared your feelings with him. He explained that he was too busy to maintain a relationship with you, which is perfectly acceptable. You then told him that you took back your thoughts, which certainly caused him to feel confused. He has not given you a reason to hate you. However, you have shown him that your feelings change often, so he likely is going to take a step back from you at this time. In the future, tell the truth and do not play games with people’s feelings. This will help you in the future. Have a great day, Tee!

Summer

November 20, 2018 at 3:13 pm

my best friend told my crush that i liked him and he said that he kinda knew but he said he might go for it. but i feel like it already awkward between us. what should i do?

November 20, 2018 at 8:01 pm

He is aware of your feelings. You know that he is aware of your feelings and that he may be interested in maintaining a relationship with you at this time. Determine what you want for your relationship at this time. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Summer!

Liz

November 16, 2018 at 11:47 pm

I told my crush I like him over text today but he hasn’t said anything yet, what should I do?

November 18, 2018 at 6:38 pm

It is possible that he has not received your message. He may be uncertain or confused about his own feelings. He may not be sure about what to say, even if he is aware of his feelings. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him in person. Perhaps message him and ask him to meet you in person. Have a great day, Liz!

Ashlyn

November 16, 2018 at 9:28 pm

he found out from another guy who used to like me and my friend asked him “hey how do you fee about Ashlyn?” and she said that he just kinda avoided the question and changed the subject, me and him text a bit and my friends say he stares at me but idk if i believe it i mean ive cought him looking in my direction several times but idk if he was directly looking at me and i really really like him and ever sense he found out he has been a bit different but not much he isn’t awkward tword me though which confuses me bc he read my “diary” so he definitely knows i really really like him but he doesn’t talk about his feeling ever pls help thank you! <3

November 18, 2018 at 6:33 pm

He has read your diary, which means he is aware of your feelings. Your friends have mentioned that his behaviors are indications that he is interested in you. The two of you share a strong social connection. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Strengthen your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Ashlyn!

leah

November 12, 2018 at 9:33 am

okay, so basically, everyone keeps saying my crush likes me back and then he doesnt, but yesterday my two friends found out he did but then today another girl said to him ‘(my name) likes u’ and he said ‘im gonna puke’ WHAT DO I DO!?!?!

November 12, 2018 at 10:27 pm

His behavior was likely a reflection of his uncertainty and confusion. He likely wants to develop a relationship with you, though he was uncertain how to behave around this girl. Perhaps you will find benefit in speaking with him about your thoughts and feelings. If you do not, then he may start nourishing a relationship with someone else. Determine what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Leah!

Riley

November 7, 2018 at 5:21 pm

okay my BFF told my crush I like him today, and she asked him if he liked me, and his face kinda turned red. sometimes we talk but not that often, I really want to know if he likes me back… So what do I do

November 7, 2018 at 9:24 pm

His blushing may be an indication that he is interested in nourishing a relationship with you. Your friend wants to support your relationship. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Ensure that you give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Riley!