My Crush Knows I Like Him and He Keeps Looking at Me : What to do Next

By on March 21, 2016

No matter how he found out, now he knows. Your crush finally knows you like him! What does he do with that information? Does he rush up to you and proclaim his feelings? Is he completely avoiding you because he doesn’t feel the same way?

None of those? Well, what if he keeps looking at you over and over again without saying a word or making any moves? While this is the most annoying thing a guy can do after he finds out you like him, it’s one of the most common. Here is what you should do if your crush knows you like him and he keeps looking at you.

But first…

First let’s talk about what him looking at you could possibly mean:

1. He’s Checking You Out

Some guys don’t take notice to a girl until they find out she’s interested. This could be him just checking you out and deciding if he has feelings or not.

1. He Feels Self Conscious

He could just be the shy type and is feeling self-conscious about himself. He might be looking at you to see if you’re looking at him or not. If you are, he may alter his stance/position to look better.

1. He Might Like You Back

A lot of the time, when someone finds out you like them and they keep staring at you it’s because the feeling is mutual.

What to do Next!

smile-at-him

1. Smile at Him

If someone knows you like him and he keeps looking at you, don’t just stare awkwardly. Smile!! Smiling at your crush is a perfect way to let him know you are friendly and approachable. Many men get intimidated and rather shy when they find out a girl is into them. It makes them nervous and they may not know how to approach the situation. So go ahead and smile. They’ll take it as a positive signal from you.

1. Wave

Don’t just leave it at a smile. He could mistake that for your politeness or not even realize you’re directing the smile at him. So send him a smile AND a wave. This shows that not only are you acknowledging him, but you’re making the first move to initiate some sort of contact. The next move is up to him.

cheerful-group-of-friends

1. Talk to His Friends

If you really want to know how a guy is feeling towards you or even why he keeps looking at you when he knows you like him, ask his friends. They’re like the keeper of all guy secrets! Just start chatting up one of his friend and casually mention that your crush keeps looking at you and you want to know why. They might divulge what’s really going on in his head and it will no longer be a mystery to you!

his-body-language

1. Gauge his Body Language

Body language gives away SO much more than people think. If you want to know what he’s thinking, just watch him for a little bit – just don’t be creepy about it. Firstly, if he’s looking at you after finding out that you like him, he must be thinking about you in some way. Is his body turned toward you? Does he keep looking at you even when you notice he’s looking? These are all signs that he might be into you as well.

talk-to-him

1. Go Talk to Him

For the love of all that is right in this world, JUST GO TALK TO HIM! The fact that he’s looking at you so much might mean that he’s just trying to get your attention. He could also be too shy to make the first move even if he does like you back. Or maybe he doesn’t know you enough to have those feelings and is just checking you out because maybe he wants to see if he likes you, too. Either way, you’re not going to find out by sitting back and watching him look at you from across the room.

Guys are sometimes really difficult to decode. If you’re stuck figuring out why he’s looking at you, try these tips.

Lee

February 27, 2019 at 2:29 am

Hi, so I just developed a crush on someone recently, he’s a really close friend of mine I’ve known him since the start of the school year, and we’ve been sitting together in class a lot, and hang out together in group so it just occured to me one day that I actually like him and start getting nervous around him, I’ve told my friends about it and they made it worse by dropping hints and teasing us together so I got really shy and avoided him, since then I noticed him start avoiding me too, we can’t even look at each other and don’t talk anymore, i tried talking to him and told him to ignore the teasings cause it wasn’t true and I dont like him, I’ve asked my friends to stop it too since I wanted to atleast have our old closeness back if I cant have him as a lover. We still haven’t talked since then but I noticed him looking at me a lot especially when like am busy doing something and he’s at a position where he wont get caught, and when I catch him doing so( i still do catch him cause duh ) he quickly diverts his gaze away, and idk how to interpret that, he stopped avoiding me tho, he comes near once in a while but that’s just it.

February 27, 2019 at 1:41 pm

His behaviors could be indications of his feelings for you. It is clear that the two of you maintain a strong social relationship. He is aware of your feelings for him. Determine what you want for the future of your relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Lee!

Yaya

February 12, 2019 at 4:52 pm

Hi,
    I’m in 8th grade and there’s this guy at my youth group that I’ve developed a crush on. I’ve seen him around but I never really felt like that about him before. Last week on Saturday middle school kids could sign up for this fun sky zone trip. I guess that’s were I fell. I was waiting in line and saw he was playing with this little boy on this fun knock off contraption. He let the little guy knock him off and I couldn’t help but laugh. It was the sweetest thing. All of a sudden he started smiling at me. ‘Whack’ the boy hit him off. Everyone around laughed as did he. Later on me and my friend when to the trampoline dodgeball part. We were in a line up being picked on which side we’d be at. He came close to me so that our arms were brushing. My heart suddenly stopped. I had no idea what to do. When it was time to go my friend and I sat on the bus. He sat straight behind me. My friend saw I liked him so she threw my phone on the ground for him to pick it up. Ugh. My other friend picked it up. “Here ya go.” Great. My friend threw it again, thus repeating the cycle once more. In inside I actually wanted to have a chance to talk to him. And everytime he was going to pick it up for me. I’m not exactly sure if he likes me but or not. This might be all in my head and he might just be trying to be nice. I guess I’m telling you this because Valentine’s Day is coming up. I’m not exactly sure what to do. I just developed this and I want to do something but I also don’t want to embarrass myself. I don’t even know what I would get him?! I don’t know if I’m just being dumb. Can you guys help me out?

February 12, 2019 at 8:18 pm

Your experiences with your crush are indications of the closeness of your relationship. It is possible that he is interested in nourishing this relationship. Determine what you want for the future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Strengthen your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Yaya!

Yaya

February 13, 2019 at 5:17 am

But what should him for Valentine’s Day? I have no idea if I should or shouldn’t?

February 14, 2019 at 7:07 pm

Each person has different desires and expectations for holidays. If you think that this person is interested in celebrating Valentine’s Day, then celebrate it with that person. There are many ways to celebrate holidays, but do not limit yourself to only celebrating specific days. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person, as this will help you better understand his desires and expectations. Have a great day, Yaya!

Clong

February 21, 2019 at 4:06 am

Hi. So 1 week ago my crush learned that i like her. She is my classmates and she and her friends sits behind me. Ever since she knew they started to tease us. She likes someone else but she still gave me flowers on valentines day (we are both girls). And also she took photos with me. This tuesday, she was doing things she doesn’t always do in class. And i think it’s okay for her to be teased with me because she kept on doing things that i’m involve with and also she hugged my friend while looking at me, eye to eye contact. And my friends caught her looking at me after she knew that i like her.

February 21, 2019 at 7:43 pm

She is aware of your feelings for her, and it seems like it is possible that she may be interested I nourishing a relationship with you. Speak with her about your thoughts and feelings, and give her an opportunity to share herself with you as well. You will find great benefit in spending additional time with her in person. Have a great day, Clong!

SilenceTK 2002

January 26, 2019 at 2:53 am

I’m really confused.

i’ve liked this guy for almost 2-ish years now. It all began in 10th grade, in biology class, second month of a new school year. During August, the teacher let us sit to whom we wede comfortable with. I sat with my neighbor and my crush sat in front of me(with his cousin). At first I didn’t think much about him. Everytime I’d catch him glancing at me I’d give him a cold stare or a glare.

September came, and the teachers moved our seats. But I didn’t want to move. I realized that I had a thing for him. So I asked my neighbor to help me get ahold of his social media, in which he did. I decided to start off the convo with “hey, what was the hw again?” and ” I got the answers!”. I kept this up for two weeks.

Then I started getting jealous of a girl who was way prettier than me, skinny, and wore makeup. I guess she knew that I liked him and started getting all clingy around him. So i just kept my emotions to myself.

I decided to tell him who i was and he took that overboard. Lets just say he wanted to see something more… Private.

Time passed to the end of 10th grade, and we had a frog dissection to do. He didn’t come. After school, on my way home, I whipped out my phone and texted him if he wanted to see the dissected amphibians. Weird. I know. And I honestly didn’t know why I even asked him in the first place. He said sure.

After that, he asked me ” wanna play 21 questions?”. And some of those questions were personal questions. Last year (2018; 11th grade; around the end of November) I was getting ready to for a tennis game.

I then checked my phone for the time and noticed he texted me,” hey. Can we meet up?” I thought about it and texted ” why? You ok?” He responds,” can we meet up?” I hesitated and agreed. So he said to meet up near the boys restroom… Specifically the one that is unseen from most eyes.

I made my way over there, and once i saw him, I immediatley did a quick turn. He walked to an even more isolated location: a stair case.

Once we were in there, he started a convo like “I didn’t even know we had a tennis team” And as we were talking, i’ve noticed that he was getting closer to me. Right when he was about to frigging pull him closer, his cousin walked by with her bf. Since we were in the stair case, she didn’t know we were there. So I used this opportunity to have him back up a little. I warned him “your cousin in there”. He backed up and leaned against the wall.
    He then told me to follow him to a second flight of stairs, in which I did mindlessly. That day, we got “closer”.

Today, that day has scarred me. He didn’t rape me or anything, he just left me confused. Does he like me? Or was he just using me? I always catch looking at me. He’s always looking back at my direction as if looking for someone. Once I do catch him, he does this confident f*** boy walk. Every Time we pass by each other, I’m way to shy to look him in the eye. And he knows that I like him! Please explain to me what is going on! I’m just a hopeless romantic..

January 27, 2019 at 6:48 pm

His behaviors are clear indications that he is attracted to you. He likely wants to maintain a physical relationship with you. He certainly feels a social and emotional connection with you. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Silence!

someone

January 20, 2019 at 4:54 am

My crush knws dat I like him actually I only told him through a fake instagram account but dat time I didn’t told him abt my name and we were chatting like dat only but sometimes I feel like he is not interested to talk with me but sometimes I feel like he likes me, after 3months I told my name. After dat we are chatting daily very friendly but we didn’t talk freely when we saw each other.I don’t knw if he likes me or not what can I do to know what he feels about me

January 20, 2019 at 3:51 pm

It sounds as though you were being secretive with your feelings. It is possible that he is uncertain or confused at this time. Speak with him again. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you. You may be able to nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. This will help to make him feel more comfortable and happy in your friendship. Have a great day, Someone!

KimTae_lover

January 15, 2019 at 11:45 am

I told my crush 3 weeks ago that I liked him during the holidays while we were texting. He said ‘It doesn’t affect our friendship’ and that was all he said. So we came back to school, and we didn’t talk for one day. But then the next day, we had a lesson together and he was sitting on the table next to mine but on the opposite side so he could see me. The lesson was going on and I was in a laughable mood and I was really happy and talking to everyone.He was looking at me laughing and then one of girls on his table saw him looking at me and I didn’t hear what she said but all I heard from him was ‘I was smiling at Jack’ the guy who sits next to me. But then the girl looked at him then me.
    I then glanced at him really quickly and he briefly looked at me and I quickly turned my head away.

Skip forward to my form time, it was my friend’s birthday so I made her a card and I needed everyone to sign it. So one of form boy hadn’t signed the card so I was waiting for him to sign the card. And my crush was waiting next to me and when I was about to leave the form room he said to me ‘Are you pissed at me?’ I didn’t reply cause my friend started talking.

I know it sounds like I’m overthinking but all I want to know is did he play with my feelings? Cause he was really sweet and kind before I told him I liked him and he’s trying to talk to me now so I’m confused.

January 15, 2019 at 10:20 pm

He asked you about your feelings toward him. You did not respond. This made his feel confused and uncertain about your feelings for him. If you want to nourish this relationship, then spend time with him in person. Ensure that you are honest about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an chance to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, KimTae!

Layla

December 16, 2018 at 8:14 am

How do I start a conversation with my boyfriend??? We’ve only been going out for a little while now and I don’t know what to say to him, because he’s shy and I’m shy too.

December 16, 2018 at 4:11 pm

The two of you are dating, so the two of you must have had conversations. This means that is likely that you share similar hobbies, interests, or social groups. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings regarding your similarities. Spend additional time with him in person. As you do so, you will find that it will be easier for the two of you to speak. Have a great day, Layla!

Someone

December 14, 2018 at 4:43 pm

My crush and I started going out a week ago. He doesn’t say hi to me and I don’t say hi to me when we see each other. I don’t interact with him much because he makes me very nervous and I don’t want to mess up our relationship. How should I talk to him and stuff without feeling nervous or scared???

December 14, 2018 at 9:31 pm

You and your crush have started going out. It seems as though you are explaining that you do not speak with him. This is not a relationship that is viable. If you are going out with him, then you need to speak with him. Spend time with him in person. It seems that you and him need to have a discussion about the status of your relationship. During that time, the two of you should determine what is appropriate for the future of your relationship. Have a great day, Anon!

Someone

December 15, 2018 at 8:41 am

But how do I do that??? I don’t want to mess our relationship up.

December 16, 2018 at 4:32 pm

You know what is appropriate for your relationship. Determine what you want to do. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Be certain to give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. This will help you decide what course of action would be appropriate for your future. Have a great day, Someone!

Jessica

December 9, 2018 at 10:26 am

My crush and I have just started going out. We aren’t very comfortable with each other yet. How should I approach him when I see him or talk to him???

December 9, 2018 at 12:21 pm

The two of you have made the decision to establish a romantic relationship. If you are not comfortable, then you should spend additional time with him in person. This will help strengthen your relationship. If you still find difficulty at that time, then you will want to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Jessica!

Kylie

December 4, 2018 at 1:34 pm

My crush and I started going out. Our first date was really awkward, we didn’t know what to talk about and our friends kept joining in on the date. Will it get less awkward as move forward in the relationship??

December 4, 2018 at 6:11 pm

Your relationship will improve as the two of you spend more time together. Instead of talking, perhaps you will find benefit in attempting to go on an adventure together. Do something active, and this will help the two of you decide on something to talk about. Within a few dates, you will find that the two of you are very comfortable together. Have a great day, Kylie!

Nancy

December 3, 2018 at 3:52 pm

My crush just broke up with his girlfriend. He knows I like him and he keeps staring at me. Should I approach him or wait for him to approach me??

December 3, 2018 at 7:19 pm

He is aware of your feelings and has been giving you indications that he is ready to maintain a relationship with you. His previous relationship recently ended, so he may have some emotional concerns that he is dealing with. Let him know that you still share your social and emotional connection with him. Though you may find benefit in giving him an opportunity to make the first move in the relationship. This will ensure that he is emotionally ready to nourish a relationship with you at this time. Have a great day, Nancy!

Laayla

November 26, 2018 at 12:50 pm

My crush knows i like him. He keeps asking mutual friends about me but doesn’t do anything so does he like me or noo?

November 26, 2018 at 7:53 pm

He is aware of your feelings for him. He is speaking with your friends to confirm your feelings for him. His behaviors are indications that he is uncertain about your feelings. It is likely that he wants to nourish a relationship with you, otherwise he would not be speaking with your friends. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Laayla!

Layla

November 15, 2018 at 6:36 am

So I told my crush I liked him on the day he got back with his ex. And all he said was”okay.” And that’s it. When I catch him staring at me, he looks away. He’s still with his ex. Does he like me???

Mia

November 18, 2018 at 1:58 am

Hey Layla, I’m sorry but I reckon that he has lost his interest for you 🙁 Don’t give up though!, because there are better guys waiting for you your whole life! 🙂 DOn’t be sad and show him you are THAT GIRL! 😀

November 18, 2018 at 6:51 pm

Thank you for sharing your supportive comment. Please share more of your insights and experiences in the future. Have a great day, Mia!

Kiki

November 26, 2018 at 8:00 pm

Well my crush knows I like him but he keeps starring at me but didn’t talk to me unless I talk to him idk him very well but I’m getting to be friends with his friends but I think one of them like s me but I think I’ll ask his friends why he states at me?!

November 26, 2018 at 8:20 pm

You are interested in nourishing a relationship with your crush. While attempting to make friends with his friends, you are finding that you are developing connections with other people. Determine what you want for your future. If you want to nourish a relationship with your crush, then spend additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Kiki!

Layla

November 11, 2018 at 1:54 pm

I told my crush that I liked him on the day that he got back together with his ex-girlfriend. And right after I told him, all he said was “okay.” That’s it. The next couple days he keeps staring at me and when I catch him he quickly looks away. I don’t know if he likes me or not because he’s still with his girlfriend.

November 12, 2018 at 9:24 pm

He is with his girlfriend, so do not attempt to harm their relationship. He will likely inform you if he chooses to end his current relationship. Continue to share your kindness and compassion at all times. Determine what you want for your future without him. Have a great day, Layla!

Mikayla

October 18, 2018 at 5:06 pm

One of my male acquaintances that I knew from in high school tends to stare and smile every time he sees me. Last time I saw him personally, he was walking with a female friend (they both go to the same church) and I was talking to my friends and he called my name out loud twice until he got my attention and he just kept on staring and smiling at me, she was looking at me too smiling like she probably knows something about me, but he just stares and smiles at me like nobody else is important around him whenever he sees me 😳

October 18, 2018 at 9:07 pm

He has attempted to get your attention. This may be a sign that he is interested in maintaining a friendship with you. He may also be interested in nourishing a relationship with you. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Perhaps you will find benefit by speaking with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Mikayla!

Braelyn

October 16, 2018 at 2:03 am

Ok so im in 8th grade and my crush is in 10th grade i only see him on my bus someone told him i likes him last yest when i was in 7th and now this year I’ve recently noticed him staring at me a lot and when i make eye contact he doesn’t look away but sometimes when i look away he looks away also his best friend sometimes acts weird when hes on my bus with my crush like one time he was sitting with my crush and i started staring at my crush and my crushs best friend looked at me smirking and he kept on looking at me and then my crush and before he did that my crush looked back at me and smiled

October 18, 2018 at 9:19 pm

His behaviors may be indications that he is aware that you are interested in him. He may also have feelings for you. Take this time to determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Spend additional time with him in person, as this will strengthen your relationship. Have a great day, Braelyn!

Unknown

October 15, 2018 at 4:24 pm

Hi
    I have liked this guy since 6th grade, and right now which is 7th grade.
    My friends use to bother him last year and shit but my friends this year don’t do anything to make it seem like I like him.
    But what did happen this year and last year is that he found out that I like him. Last year he found out because my friends where being to obvious and this year because my friend decided to just tell him. After he found out he would just stare at me and sometimes I would catch him and he would look away or we would make eye contact and I would break it. He did this a little bit too before he found that I liked him but after he found out he just started staring at me more!, he confuses me some much because he told my friends from last year that he doesn’t like me and told my best friend this year that he doesn’t like me that way.!. I have told a friend this and they said that it’s probably because he wants me to ask him or tell him instead of my friends or that he’s just recently figuring out his feelings and dosen’ Know how to respond/ react to it but I’m really not sure. I need some help.

October 16, 2018 at 9:50 pm

He has shared his thoughts and feelings with your best friend. This may be because he is not comfortable speaking through your friend. His feelings may grow in the future. For now, determine what you want for your future without him. If he speaks with you in the future, then ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with him. Have a great day, Anon!

Unknown

October 12, 2018 at 6:00 pm

I like this guy in 8th grade and we are like best friends. But he soon found out about me liking him and he said he didn’t care. he is now staring at me or trying to make me laugh in one way or another,he sometimes like to tease me about my feelings for him.

October 12, 2018 at 8:15 pm

The two of you share a strong social and emotional connection. He is aware of your feelings toward him. He may be interested in developing a stronger relationship with you. Strengthen your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. When it is appropriate, speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Anon!

Lulu

October 6, 2018 at 1:51 am

After I finally told my crush that i liked his smile and the way he dressed he has been staring at me even more like okay i was the one staring and then he did it and yeah like even when we paired up for a class project we both couldnt come up with anything lol and when we did he was watching me write ahaha my heart was racing. Even before class we ran into each other at the library and he sat next to me while taking pics from a book for his art class and not once did he ignore me. I wish i could have said bye though once i went back to my seat😓

October 6, 2018 at 9:20 pm

You shared your thoughts and feelings with him. He is aware that this may mean that you are interested in developing a relationship with him. It is possible that he wants to nourish a relationship with you. Determine what you want for your future. You may strengthen your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Lulu!

Anomanous

September 24, 2018 at 3:17 pm

Hi,
    There’s this new guy that I’ve developed a crush on in 8th grade and he seems to like me. I catch him staring at random times and he either looks away really quick or stares deeply into my eyes. His pupils are dialated and when I say his name, I can see he gives me his full attention. But there’s this girl.. I heard her talking in choir about him to a friend, saying that he liked her and she liked him. I didn’t believe it at the time but I guess it was true because I saw her flirting with him in the hallway and he wore her headband later at lunch. He’s a nice, funny, and good guy. She’s a jerk and a pretender. I know the next time she has a even bigger crush she’ll dump him for that other guy. I actually love him and I want the best for him. I was really heartbroken when I found out, but right now I don’t want him to suffer the same thing. He’s blind and can’t see past what she pretends to be. We aren’t that close and if I say something to him. He’ll find out I like him and it will get into a huge mess like last year which I don’t want to get into. I’m confused, heartbroken, and sad. I’m really need help.

September 24, 2018 at 11:39 pm

His behaviors may be indications that he is interested in nourishing a relationship with you. He may be interested in developing a relationship with her as well. Take this time to determine what you want for your future. If they are in a relationship, do not attempt to harm their relationship. If he is single, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Anon!

Marinette

September 24, 2018 at 6:09 am

(Before I start my crush doesn’t know I like him)
    Hi,
    There’s this new guy that I’ve developed a crush on in 8th grade and he seems to like me. I catch him staring at random times and he either looks away really quick or stares deeply into my eyes. His pupils are dialated and when I say his name, I can see he gives me his full attention. But there’s this girl.. I heard her talking in choir about him to a friend, saying that he liked her and she liked him. I didn’t believe it at the time but I guess it was true because I saw her flirting with him in the hallway and he wore her headband later at lunch. He’s a nice, funny, and good guy. She’s a jerk and a pretender. I know the next time she has a even bigger crush she’ll dump him for that other guy. I actually love him and I want the best for him. I was really heartbroken when I found out, but right now I don’t want him to suffer the same thing. He’s blind and can’t see past what she pretends to be. We aren’t that close and if I say something to him. He’ll find out I like him and it will get into a huge mess like last year which I don’t want to get into. I’m confused, heartbroken, and sad. I really need help. Please respond as soon as possible.

September 24, 2018 at 10:21 pm

This new guy likely feels a strong social and emotional connection with you. He may want to develop a relationship with you. It is certainly possible that he has similar feelings for this other girl as well. Continue to spend additional time with him, as this will strengthen your relationship. If they are not dating, then you may find benefit in speaking with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Marinette!

Marinette

September 25, 2018 at 3:32 pm

There dating now. She’s a really nasty bad person and my friends agree with me

Marinette

September 25, 2018 at 3:33 pm

PS. And one said that if they don’t break up in a week she’ll help but what if they don’t? Can you really help me?

September 25, 2018 at 7:45 pm

Do not attempt to damage their relationship. Continue to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. If they are not compatible, then their relationship will fail. If he is interested in maintaining a relationship with her, then you may want to focus on your other social relationships at this time. Have a great day, Marinette!

September 25, 2018 at 7:45 pm