Is Someone Missing You If You Dream About Them?

By on May 9, 2018

When you dream about a specific person in your dream, it is common to apply whatever happened in the dream, into a ‘real life’ setting. For example, if you were to break up with your boyfriend and then dream about getting back with him, it would be easy to believe that getting back with him is the right thing to do … Except, that isn’t always the case.

Dreams are presented to us in code and symbols, which we then must decipher ourselves. One person may have a dream that means one thing to them, but the very same dream could mean something entirely different to someone else. Not only that, dreams rarely mean what they’re actually showing you.

There is an old saying that goes something along the lines of:

“When you dream about someone, it means they are missing you.”

Although a nice sentiment, it isn’t exactly a true one. There is a chance that the person you have just dreamed about DOES miss you, but there’s a bigger chance that the person is a reflection of something in your own life. I had a dream about Tom Hardy last night, but he doesn’t even know that I exist, so there’s no way that he could miss my presence.

Is Someone Missing You If You Dream About Them 1

Dreaming of someone in particular, such as a friend or a relative, could be your mind’s way of saying that there’s something you need to see or understand. Perhaps you aren’t getting the bigger picture about that person, or there’s something in your mind that just doesn’t work out right. Maybe you think that your aunt may have been acting weird when you saw her last week? A dream about her that then follows on from that meeting and realisation could be a sign that you know something is wrong, but haven’t yet addressed it … but need to. Your mind is telling you that something isn’t quite finished or right yet.

If you were to dream about friends that you had at school, it could be because they miss you, or that you miss them. Or, more likely, that you miss a part of that time. Mortgages, marriages, medications … Adult life is tough and with so many daily obstacles. If you’ve been having a hard time, dreaming about old school friends is probably your mind’s way of saying that you miss that time, not specifically the people of that time.

Let’s say that you dream about your boss. Your boss probably doesn’t miss you when you are not at the office. No boss likes their employees that much (or vice versa). What it could mean, on the other hand, is that you have a cross to bear with your boss, or that you are missing something boss-like in yourself. Maybe you need to work on your confidence levels to finally get that promotion you’ve been trying to get for a number of years? Maybe you could take a peek at your air of authority and see if it would be better suited to a higher job role?

If your boss is constantly stripping you down and making you feel uncomfortable or sad in your dream, there’s a chance that you’re having a problem with authority itself right now. Maybe you don’t agree with everything your boss has had to say lately, or think that a project would work better if done your way, rather than theirs?

It might be time to face the beast or learn how to live with it a little better. Your dreams are often a side effect of what you are already feeling — your current emotions and pent-up frustrations. The only way to let those go is to deal with them. Ask why you keep getting passed over for that big promotion, or speak to your boss about your new and innovative ideas. Sitting down and waiting for something to happen isn’t the best course of action. Sadly, not all good things don’t come to those who wait.

If you dream about an ex, don’t go running back there. That’s not always what your dreams mean, even if that’s exactly what they portray. Look what happens in the dream — when you get back together, do you live your happily ever after? Or are things exactly the same as they were before. That could be your mind’s way of telling you that nothing will change if you get back together — you already know that, so by going against that, you’re going against yourself.

Is Someone Missing You If You Dream About Them 2

It’s hard to let go of someone that you really care about, especially when all you do is dream that they miss you. Sadly, dreaming about someone doesn’t always mean that they do miss you. It’s usually a sign that you need to work on something within yourself.

Ivy

June 8, 2019 at 8:39 am

This rarely happens but I had another dream about my crush today… I don’t remember exactly what happened in the dream but all I remember was him taking a shower and my sister on the bed sleeping and I don’t quite remember what I was doing during that time but what does it mean?

June 9, 2019 at 3:43 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. The presence of your sister could be a sign of your shared experiences. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. If you are interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Ivy!

karla

June 9, 2019 at 5:05 pm

what does it mean when i dream about my basketball coach i dreamt abt him a few times too and i miss him what does that mean and in my dreams im hanging with him what does that mean

June 9, 2019 at 9:44 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social relationship with your coach. It is clear that you feel a strong connection with this person. It is likely that you feel an appreciation of your coach’s influence on your life. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Karla!

karla

June 10, 2019 at 8:31 am

what does it mean if i dreamt that i dated my crush on the last day of middle school?

June 10, 2019 at 10:51 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social relationship with your crush. It is possible that you are interested in maintaining a relationship at this time. Make a decision about what you want for your future at this time. If you want to reach out to your crush, then do so. Have a great day, Karla!

Carla

June 7, 2019 at 6:44 am

I dreamt about someone who I talked to before that I stopped talking in a while for the reason that I ended up having a crush on him because he also has a crush on someone and he talked about it to me. In my dream, there was an event that I and him was present, I wonder what was the meaning of it also I don’t know if I should talk to him again right now or now.

June 8, 2019 at 12:14 am

Your dream is a reflection of various social and emotional influences in your life. It is possible that you are on his mind as well. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and determine what you believe is viable and appropriate. If you want to nourish this relationship, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Carla!

Carla

June 12, 2019 at 5:03 pm

Hello, it’s me again. I messaged him twice in a social media platform and he’s still not replying yet. And I also got another dream that says, “Let this be the end”. I don’t know if that is also connected to him?

June 12, 2019 at 9:17 pm

You messaged him twice and he didn’t respond. Your dream informed you that this is the end. These are reasons for you to determine what you want for your future without him. Focus your emotional energy elsewhere. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Carla!

Carla

June 17, 2019 at 4:37 pm

I’ve stopped thinking about him because of the dream that I’ve had before but last night, I’ve got a dream where we were in a place just the two of us and I went to the shelf to get a book. When I came back, there’s a girl sitting next to him and I sat also next to him in his right, he asked us “Why do you like me?”, and then he hugged us while smiling. We were in a bleacher that time and suddenly we slide to each other and the other girl was hurt, so we went to the nearest pharmacy to buy medicines, and after that the setting was changed.

Me and him was on a room, where there’s a topic on the board about names of couples. He was sitting in front of me, and he turned and said, “I saw your message, I replied”. I said, “You didn’t reply”, he said “My message is I love you” *smiling*, and he gave me his phone to check out his reply and he replied about inviting me into a game.

I don’t know why I keep dreaming on him even though I dont think of him, I’m confused :<

June 17, 2019 at 9:08 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your thoughts and feelings. If you do not think about him in your waking life, then his presence in your dream may be simply that of a placeholder. It is possible that you want ot maintain a new social or emotional relationship. Take this time to determine what you want for your future, and take appropriate action. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Carla!

Carla

June 21, 2019 at 4:15 pm

Hello, I’ve dreamed about him again. We were in his school with my friends, he was the one who’s in charged in facilitating the program in his school. I were participating in the program to be noticed by him and yeah he noticed me, we were like so close in that dream yet so far in real life. He said to one of his friends that he likes me but he doesn’t like that I’m being so persistent in times. We’ve hugged so tight in that dream, I wish it could be real. I was thinking about an anime character that I’ve watched before I sleep idk why did I end up having a dream with him. I’ve messaged him again and still no reply, I guess I’m really being persistent.

June 21, 2019 at 9:59 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. Since you had another dream about him, you should take this time to determine what is appropriate and viable for the future of this relationship. If you want to develop a relationship with him, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Carla!

Milena

June 7, 2019 at 1:09 am

Last night a boy told me that its not going to happen between us, because the mental states we are in. And i dreamed of him giving me back some random stuff. Then i felt, that i fell alseep very calmly. What does that mean?

June 7, 2019 at 2:50 am

This person has informed you of his feelings regarding your relationship. Your dream is a manifestation of your feelings in regard to his statements. Your calm sleep is likely a sign that you are comfortable with his decision. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Milena!

Ruth

June 6, 2019 at 7:23 pm

I dreamed about my lover every night until early morning and start to miss him whole day.he is no in contact with me bcz of my family.this dream means he still miss me or angry with me?

June 6, 2019 at 7:46 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your lover. However, the two of you are no longer communicating. This is because of your family, which likely means that this relationship is no longer viable. Make a decision about what you believe is appropriate for the future of this relationship. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Ruth!

Mandy

June 5, 2019 at 2:00 am

I dreamt of two old women giving me a new baby at the hospital, and i happily accepted the baby!

June 5, 2019 at 10:19 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. You may have spoken with someone about pregnancy or childbirth. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Mandy!

Victoria

June 3, 2019 at 3:39 pm

I been having dreams of this friend every once in a while where he’ll tell me something but I can never remember what it was. For instance, last night I had a dream of him and we were hanging out and talking basically having a good time then he asks me something I don’t remember what but then I end up at this baseball game I’m feeling like I had to be there but I get nervous when I see him passing by then I notice his batting gloves and his bat and that’s when I realize I’m at his game I often get dreams like this where we’re at a place we’re both suppose to be but I never remember what he tells I am in contact with him and everything we do have history never together but in a way we have some things that never been discussed maybe that can be it but if it is I’m not sure what to do about all this dreaming about him.

June 4, 2019 at 10:32 pm

Your dreams are manifestations of your social and emotional relationship with this person. The repetitive dreams that you have may be attempting to share a message with you. It is possible that you are aware of his feelings toward you, but he has never shared them with you. This unspoken aspect of your relationship may be appearing in your dream. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Determine what is viable. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Victoria!

Dejana

June 3, 2019 at 12:03 pm

I’ve been dreaming of an old friend of mine which is a guy and I haven’t seen in person for 15 years. We were really close friends when we were young. Starting from 6th grade through 9 grade we had classes together. He would call my house or vice versa. He knows my mom and brother. And I know his sister and grandma. In 10th – 12 grade we got separated but when we saw each other, we would say Hi to one another and talk a little… The dreams all started when I got engaged to my husband. My life is so busy with the kids, acivities and I work full time. The only time I think of him is when I already dreamed of him. And than I wonder why do I continue having dreams of him. Out of all the friends I made in school, he is the only one I dream of… So when I 1st started constantly having dreams of him. In 2016 I went looking for him on Facebook and I contacted and asked, how he was and blah blah blah. This is when he told me, that since middle school and on he always had a thing for me. But since he is married and I was engaged at the time, I didnt really engage into the conversation due to the respect of our spouses. So I relief I finally got my answer that he is alive and I wasnt expecting him express his feelings but I felt it was too late for all that. But I was glad he doing good for himself. And that was the last time I heard from him and never contact him again. So I went on with my life, thinking I wont dream of him again. My life is so busy truthfully till this day i dont understand how sporadically I continue having dreams of him. When I dream of him, he tells me how he misses me, he kissed me at one point in my dreams, comforts me, we are always happy with one another, like there’s a strange (like good relax) feeling I get once I wake up from the dream. I dont understand why and I do wonder What does it mean?

June 4, 2019 at 10:27 pm

Your dream is a reflection the strong social and emotional connection that you share with this person. Though life may have physically separated you, it is clear that you still think about him. Additionally, you have various people that connect the two of you together. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Reach out to him and share your thoughts and feelings with him. If possible, nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Dejana!

Sneha

June 3, 2019 at 6:45 am

Last night I dream about my classmate who never talked to me but it was the 3rd time he talked with me in my dream so what could I predict it?Pls help

June 4, 2019 at 9:57 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social desires in relation to this person in your waking life. These dreams could be manifestations of this connection. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. If you think that it would be appropriate to speak to this classmate about your thoughts and feelings, then do so. Regardless of your decision, you will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Sneha!

Anonymous

June 2, 2019 at 3:52 pm

I had a dream years ago of my grandfather sitting out the front of an old rundown cottage in the paddock.. walking a distance towards him through my eyes I looked down to see I was carrying a silver platter with a red apple placed on it and I had knowledge of this apple being a bad omen if he’d bitten into it according to my dream, I had tryd to stop it and wake up but it instantly fast forward and I was then standing right Infront of him and he took th apple bit into it and I had to watch him die Infront of me, afew days later my grandfather actually passed away. I’ve always vividly remembered that dream from when I was younger..He was living in New Zealand and I was living in Australia.. what your thoughts be about this dream?

June 4, 2019 at 9:34 pm

Your dream may have been a reflection of a wide variety of influences in your life. It is possible that you were aware that your late grandfather may have been reaching the end stages of life when you had this dream. Poison is often a manifestation of death, and death is often a reflection of change. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will honor the memory of your grandfather. Have a great day, Anon!

veronica

June 2, 2019 at 9:35 am

Last night i had a dream about my ex. He broke up with me kind of out of no where and i’m still her confused. He has blocked me on everything so i have no way of contacting him, but last night i had the most vivid dream that he texted me and kept calling me explaining how he messed up and wants me still. I wasn’t initially dreaming about him, but then it like somehow turned into that almost as if he just popped in my dream out of no where. I happen to have a lot of vivid dreams, just not sure what this one means.

June 2, 2019 at 11:33 am

Even if the relationship ended quite a while ago, you still have memories of him in your subconscious mind, and these memories can play through your dreams years or even decades later. It is highly unlikely that he was actually thinking about you just because you dreamed of him. Most likely, it was just a dream and caused by the past you had together and your confusion over the break up.

Gel

June 2, 2019 at 7:45 am

I’ve Dreaming about my cousin That he was involved in fist fight
    following next day, my aunt called on my father’s phone and it actually happens that he was involved already. What does it mean

June 2, 2019 at 11:19 am

It may mean that your subconscious assumed that a fist fight would happen at some point in the next few days or months since you have met and been around your cousin before. You know what your cousin is like, so it only makes sense that your subconscious would make a dream scenario that seems plausible.

Angel

June 1, 2019 at 2:24 pm

I had a dream about a classmate of mine who I haven’t seen or spoken to in about 8 years and he was confessing his love for me
    Does it mean anything or what

June 1, 2019 at 3:31 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your classmate. If you are still in contact with him, then make a decision about what you want for your future. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. This will help draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Angel!

Stephanie Yogo

June 1, 2019 at 12:41 am

My boyfriend has been silent in me I don’t know what I did wrong….he doesn’t answer my calls or texts…last night I dreamt about him talking to me… telling me he has opened his own company and that he nolonger goes to work…..what could that mean

June 1, 2019 at 2:59 pm

It sounds as though your boyfriend is neglecting your relationship. You need to make a decision about what you think is appropriate for your relationship. Ensure that you speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Stephanie!

Keke

May 31, 2019 at 10:43 am

I have been dreaming about the same man since after the first time I met him, but I broke it off with him recently (about 3 weeks ago) because I didn’t see the relationship progressing toward anything and now the dreams have start back intensely. I’m really trying to avoid thinking about him or calling him but I can’t stop dreaming about him. They’re not bad dreams but they wake me up sometimes because they are so vivid. The last dream I had of him was we were at a gathering and I was waiting for him to say something to me and he never did, he just stared at me with a sadden look and I felt like it was completely over in the dream because I wasn’t about to give in and talk to him so we found ourselves going our separate ways I assume.

June 1, 2019 at 2:02 pm

Your dreams are manifestations of the your previous emotional relationship with this person. You made the decision that you were no longer interested in maintaining this relationship. You broke up with him. The strength of your connection continues to appear in your dreams. However, you should allow thoughts of him to fade. If you think about him in the future, then focus your emotional energy elsewhere. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Keke!

Anonymous

May 31, 2019 at 5:26 am

Hey, a guy (my friend) told me that he dreamt about me yesterday night. He said I was the only one in his dream. What could this possibly mean?

June 1, 2019 at 1:44 pm

Your friend has informed you that he has been dreaming about you. This may be an indication that he wants you to know that you are on his mind. He may want to nourish your relationship. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Spend additional time with him in person, as this will strengthen your connection. Have a great day, Anon!

Pawandeep kaur

May 30, 2019 at 8:31 am

Hello Mam. I am pawan and i dreamed about my classmatte he was studying with me from three years and this year he ha sdone annoying things to me like he loves me he at frequent time do flirt with me and i also heard by my friend that he likes me . And now this year he leaves the school but he appears in my dream very time and once i saw the dream that he proposes me . I don’t know what is happening.

May 30, 2019 at 9:55 pm

His behaviors were indications that he was interested in maintaining a relationship with you. He has left the school, so it is unlikely that the two of you are going to maintain a relationship with you at this time. It is possible that something in your life caused this dream to fade. Make a decision about what you want for your future. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Pawan!

Zipporah

May 29, 2019 at 1:44 pm

So my sister had a dream about me and a guy I had a strong attachment to (never dated, just a very lingered on fling) she said the guy and I was holding hands (she could tell that we were together) and I told her I was pregnant. I haven’t spoken to him since march and why did my sister have a dream about him and I. shes never met the guy. me and the guy live in NC and she live in LA with a whole boyfriend. I have had dreams about him as well and that i was pregnant. I don’t understand this dream pattern. it was overlooked when it was just me doing the dreaming but now my sister?

May 29, 2019 at 11:29 pm

Your sister’s dream is a manifestation of her social and emotional relationships. Your relationship with this guy may have appeared in her dream due to her knowledge. It is possible that this dream should influence your life. Make a decision about what you want for your future and what you believe is appropriate. Take whichever course of action that you want to take. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Zipporah!

Sherrylynn

May 29, 2019 at 11:21 am

My fiance just broke up with me 4 days ago. last night I had a dream of him having breakfast with me and my mom and his dad. but on his way to the restaurant i called him and he told me he is on this street and he got hit by a car and to come help him. what does this mean?

May 29, 2019 at 11:22 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your previous emotional relationship with your fiance. Getting hit by a car could be a manifestation of your knowledge that this relationship to fade. Allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. Share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Sherrylynn!

Michelle

May 29, 2019 at 5:53 am

I dreamt that someone I used to know told me they loved me. I haven’t seen, spoken or thought of this person for years. Yet when I woke up I felt happy and comforted by the dream?! What is your interpretation of this?

May 29, 2019 at 11:17 pm

This dream is a reflection of your previous emotional relationship with this person. Something in your life may have reminded you of this person. Ensure that your dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life if you feel that it would be appropriate to do so, then reach out to him. Have a great day, Michelle!

Berra

May 28, 2019 at 10:02 pm

I have been having dreams about a guy in our school. Last year I didn’t really like him he was mean to my friends (he is a year older) and my best friends boyfriend is his best friend so he knows my little hatred towards him. In the first dream I had we were talking normally, he was very friendly to me and last night in my dream we were in our school cafeteria and I had to sit with them because my friend wasn’t in there. Her boyfriend made me sit next to the guy i don’t like and he was like “we actually didn’t have the chance to meet” so we both introduced ourselves but then he just suddenly hugged me and kissed my cheeks then the last thing I remember we were like dating. I don’t understand why maybe it’s because at school he told my bff boyfriend that I was cute and I’m not use to compliments.

May 29, 2019 at 11:11 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with this person. He has given you a compliment, so it is possible that this dream is a manifestation of that knowledge. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Berra!