Tips for Getting a Good Night’s Sleep
We shall start with some clever snippets of information about sleep:
- Those that sleep between 6 to 7 hours per night have a longer life expectancy than the people that had 8 or more hours. Too much sleep really will kill you!
- The longest anyone has ever gone without sleep for was an astounding 264 hours and 12 minutes – the Guinness Book of Records holder is Randy Gardner and hasn’t been beaten since that record was made in 1964. Crazy guy!
- Scientists don’t actually know why the human body needs sleep in order to survive.
- The normal, average person will wake up in the night quite a lot more than you first may have thought – around 6 times it has been suggested.
- If you have a fear of sleep, you suffer with somniphobia.
- You should fall asleep within ten minutes – if you fall asleep quicker than this, and especially if you fall asleep in less than five minutes, your body is seriously lacking sleep.
We all wish we could sleep more. With our busy schedules and hectic lives, it would seem that many of us are not getting a good night’s sleep. If you consider yourself to be sleep deprived, why not check out some of our clever tips for getting a good night’s sleep:
Try and have a set bedtime
When your body goes to sleep at around the same time every night, it develops a pattern which can lead to generally better sleep patterns. Ideally, you are going to want to pick your bedtime as a time in which you would normally feel tired. If you usually start to feel tired at 11pm, but set your bedtime for 9, you are going to toss and turn trying to get to sleep and this will frustrate you.
Set an alarm!
As well as having a specific time of night in which you fall asleep, you should also try and get up at the same time every morning. Having a lie in at the weekends may feel like a heaven sent gift, but in the long term you could be doing yourself some damage. Studies have shown that those that get enough sleep shouldn’t need an alarm to wake up. If there is no way in hell that you will ever wake up before your alarm, you need to set an earlier bedtime.
It’s nap time!
Having a nap is good for you! Now tell us something we didn’t know, right? If you are feeling tired, have a nap during the day. Studies have shown that having a mid-afternoon nap is better for you than sleeping in late the next morning.
Image source : weheartit.com
- 40 Good And Cute Questions To Ask A Guy You Like
When getting to know the guy you are interested it,...
- Posted September 20, 2013
- 50 I Miss You Messages for Him
When he is away, it seems like the world is...
- Posted April 23, 2017
- 7 Vegan Meal Replacement Powders That Taste Great
More and more people are trying to drift away from...
- What does it mean when a guy calls you baby girl?
Ladies, let’s face it: there are a lot of adorable...
- 10 Signs a Guy Likes You but Is Too Scared to Tell You
You have this guy in your life, but you can’t...
- The 50 Best Disney Movies of the 21st Century (2000-2017)
If you grew up with movies, chances are you watched...
- How to Curl Thick Hair
Thick hair is a blessing- and a curse, sometimes. While...
- Posted April 16, 2017
- 120 Sweet, Romantic Words For Your Love
They say action speaks louder than words, but there are...
- Posted April 14, 2017