150 Newlywed Game Questions
Being a newlywed can be a really exciting thing in a person’s life. They have someone they know better than anyone else in the world by their side for the rest of their life. While they may know their spouse the best, you may not know them at all.
This game is particularly useful during bachelorette parties or even at a rehearsal dinner. You may think someone knows everything about their spouse, but playing this game can prove to be difficult for some couples!
It’s always a good time getting to know more about a person’s spouse and learning more about their relationship in general. It’s also really fun getting to stump either of them with some great questions to ask! These are some of the best questions to ask within each category. Try and see if you can stump them!
How to Play
There are a few different ways people play this game, but I’m going to explain the original style that is the most fun. The point of this game is to try and get the newlyweds to hold up the same answer for each question. Whichever person has the most question wrong at the end of the game is the loser!
First, you ask one of them a question like the ones listed below. Then both spouses write down their answer on a whiteboard. If the person who was asked the question matches with the other spouse’s correct answer, they get a point. This is really fun to see how much your spouse remembers and it’s also fun for everyone around to get to know the couple more.
Even though you may have met later in life, getting to know about your spouse as a child is really important. Therefore, before you get married you should know all about their upbringing and all of the important stuff that shaped them into the person that you feel madly in love with. Allowing your family and friends get to know a little bit about their childhood is also good fun, too.
- What subject was likely the weakest subject for your mate in school?
- What was your weakest subject in school?
- What did they want to be when they were younger?
- What was their favorite spot to vacation as a child?
- Where was the first place that your spouse drove when they got their driver’s license?
- What was your spouse’s favorite band in high school?
- Who was your spouse’s first crush?
- What was the name of your spouse’s high school?
- What was your spouse’s favorite class in college?
- What was your spouse’s minor in college?
- Where are your spouses’ parents from (city, state, and country)?
- Who was your spouse’s hero when they were growing up?
- What was the thing your spouse did in college?
- What is your spouse’s earliest memory?
- Can you name all of the places your spouse has lived?
Those first few dates were basically what shaped you into the couple you are today. You learned the most about them during that time and it’s time to put your memories to the test! Not only do the newlyweds get to relive their most exciting time as a couple, but the family and friends of those newlyweds get to hear all the juicy gossip about how they ended up together in the first place with these questions.
- Describe your spouse on your first date?
- How did you meet your spouse?
- When and where did you first kiss?
- My spouse’s first kiss made me think ________________.
- What color did your spouse wear on your first date?
- What did your spouse think about you after your first date?
- What was it your spouse that made you realize that they were “the one”?
- What was your worst date with your spouse?
- What would be your spouse’s ideal date?
- Where did you go on your first date?
- Where did you go on your most recent date with your spouse?
- Who did your spouse last date before you met?
- Who went for the first kiss?
- You would describe your first date as __________.
- What was your all-time favorite date with your spouse?
Do you remember how exciting it was to kiss someone new for the first time? All those emotions that run through your mind during your firsts are enough to make you remember them for a lifetime…hopefully. These “firsts” are a perfect way to uncover the truth behind the relationship and put your memory to the test.
- How old was your spouse when they got their first kiss?
- What did your spouse get you for your first Christmas together?
- What was the first gift your spouse ever got you?
- What is the first thing your spouse would buy if they won the lottery?
- What was the first car your spouse ever owned?
- What was the first meal that your spouse ever cooked for you?
- What was the first movie that you both watched together in a theater?
- What was your first impression of your spouse?
- When did you and our spouse dance first and to what song?
- When did you have your first fight and what was it about?
- Which one of your said, “I love you” first?
- What was the first item you both bought to share?
- Describe the first time you met your spouse’s parents in one word ___________.
- What was your first impression of your spouse?
- Who was the first person to know you were officially a couple?
This may be one of the easiest categories to answer in a newlywed game and that’s because you should know these backward and forward. If you’ve spent enough time with your new spouse then you know a thing or two about what they like most. These questions will help you solidify your relationship by knowing all of their favorites.
- What is your spouse’s favorite color?
- What is your spouse’s favorite junk food?
- What is your spouse’s favorite candy bar?
- What is your spouse’s favorite flavor of ice cream?
- What is your spouse’s favorite movie snack?
- What is your spouse’s favorite movie?
- What is your spouse’s favorite restaurant?
- What is your spouse’s favorite TV show?
- What is your spouse’s favorite vehicle?
- What meal is your spouse’s favorite?
- What is your spouse’s favorite perfume/cologne you wear?
- What is your spouse’s favorite pass time?
- What is your spouse’s favorite swear word?
- What is your spouse’s favorite book?
- What is your spouse’s favorite go-to excuse?
Friends and Family
When you get married it’s not just becoming a family with your new spouse. In fact, you become a family with all of their family and you gain all of their friends as well. For this reason, you ought to know just as much about them as you do your spouse. These questions are really fun to ask in front of all the friends and family just to see how much the new spouses know about the other’s personal life. It’s even more fun watching them get the answers wrong and the whole family give them crap for it!
- Did your spouse have any pets growing up?
- What were your spouse’s pets names growing up?
- How many cousins does your spouse have?
- If you could send your mother-in-law or father-in-law on a trip, which would you choose, where would you send them and for how long?
- What adjective best describes your spouse’s family?
- What is the name of your spouse’s best friend?
- Who was your spouse’s best friend growing up?
- On what street did your spouse live on as a child?
- When is your mother-in-law’s birthday? What is your father-in-law’s birthday?
- Which of your spouse’s family members do you find most annoying?
- Which one of your spouse’s friends do you find the most attractive?
- Who would you say is the most unusual family member that you have met?
- When is your mother-in-law’s birthday?
- What holiday is your spouse’s family’s favorite?
- Which of your spouse’s family members would you rather be stuck on a deserted island with?
This is a category that takes a long time to build up and learn about your spouse so it’s obviously one of the best ones to really show how much you know about them.
- What clothing does your spouse wear that looks best on him/her?
- What do you like best about your spouse?
- What do you think is the one thing that your spouse likes best about you?
- What frightens your spouse the most?
- What is the most embarrassing thing your spouse has said or done around you?
- What is your spouse’s most irritating habit?
- What is your spouse’s most irritating habit in the bedroom?
- What is your spouse’s most-repeated sentence or phrase?
- What one item of clothing does your spouse wear that you just cannot stand?
- What word best describes your spouse first thing in the morning?
- What would your spouse say is his/her best and worst features?
- Where will your spouse say they had the best vacation with you?
- Which of you eats the most junk food?
- Who is the best cook?
- Who would you say has the better in-laws, you or your spouse?
Do you know all that your spouse has preference over? These little tidbits of information can help save you from planning the best…or the worst of dates later in your marriage.
- Does your spouse prefer a bikini or one-piece swimsuit?
- How does your spouse like their steak cooked?
- How would you describe the perfect weekend?
- If today were the last day before the end of the world, how would your spouse spend it?
- If you could change anything about your spouse, what would it be?
- If your house caught on fire, what one thing would your spouse grab before leaving?
- If your spouse could be any famous person, either living or dead, who would they choose to be?
- What is one item you like that your spouse would love to get rid of?
- What is one thing that your spouse does for you that they hate, but does because you love it?
- What is one trait of yours that annoys your spouse the most?
- What is the one bad habit you have that your spouse hates?
- What would your spouse request as a last meal?
- Which room in your house would your spouse like to makeover?
- How would your spouse prefer to be handled when they’re mad?
- What is your spouse’s preferred breakfast?
Love is the whole center of your marriage and how well it goes in the future. These questions are really important for not only you to know but great for your family and friends to hear as well.
- What is your go-to pet name for your spouse?
- How often do you go on dates?
- How would you express your love for your spouse on Valentine’s Day?
- How do you celebrate your spouse’s birthday?
- If someone told you that your spouse was an ex-convict, how would you react?
- Is there any special memory about your spouse that you will never forget?
- What is your spouse’s idea of romance?
- When did you first know you were in love?
- Which one of you makes the final decision on important matters?
- Which one of you proposed marriage first?
- Who does the most work around the house?
- Who is the most affectionate?
- Does your spouse like PDA?
- How does your spouse handle arguments in your relationship?
- Who is the better communicator?
You can only go into the future in this marriage now, there is no going back. Since you’ve just pledged to spend your whole future with your spouse, it’s only fair that you know all of these things about them.
- How many kids do you want? How many does your spouse want?
- What is the destination your spouse would most likely choose for a second honeymoon?
- If you planned your dream vacation, where would you go and what would you do?
- Where would your spouse choose to go on a dream vacation?
- What is your spouse’s dream job?
- Do you believe that two people can still be madly in love, even when they get old and gray?
- What is your definition of, “And they lived happily ever after”?
- If you woke up one day and found out your spouse had lost their memory, what would you do?
- Many marriages end up in divorce. What do you think is the most important part of the marriage to concentrate on to keep it stable?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Where would your spouse like to retire?
- How would your spouse handle your kid coming home after curfew?
- What is your spouse’s ideal dream home?
- Does your spouse want to continue in their profession forever?
- What is one thing you think your spouse will change in the future?
Now that you’ve gone through all the nitty-gritty important information, it’s time to have a little fun with some questions that you may not have ever thought of before. Find out how in sync you are with these questions!
- If you could describe your spouse in one word, what word would it be?
- If your mother-in-law were an animal, what animal would she be?
- If your spouse could wear one of your clothing items, what would it be?
- If your spouse had a superhero power, what would it be?
- If your spouse were a character from the sitcom ‘Friends’, who would they be?
- Would your spouse be a villain or the hero?
- What animal would your spouse choose to be?
- What is the strangest gift your spouse ever bought for you?
- Which cartoon character would your spouse choose to be?
- Which of you controls the TV remote?
- Which of you is smarter?
- Which of you spends more time on the computer?
- Who takes longer to get dressed, you or your spouse?
- Who usually gets their way?
- Would you reveal a deep, dark secret about your spouse for a million dollars?
Playing the newlywed game is a great way to connect the family and friends with the new groom and bride. How much do they really know each other?