Do you ever have days where you just do not care? You may have had a difficult time at work or just went through a breakup. No matter what is going on in your life, these I don’t care quotes were made for you. Ranging from top celebrities to old fashioned quotes, these messages are a great way to put your feelings into words.
1. “I have reached a point in life where I feel it is no longer necessary to try and impress anyone. If they like me the way I am, good and if they don’t, it’s their loss.”
This I don’t care quote gets to the point. You should live your life the way that you want to live. The thoughts and opinions of other people do not matter.
2. “Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress; working hard for something we love is called passion.” -Simon Sinek
How true is this message? When you hate your job, every moment spent at work seems like a lifetime. If you love your work, it makes your workday speed by.
3. “I don’t care what you think of me! Unless you think I’m awesome – in which case, you’re right! Carry on…”
This I don’t care quote works pretty well for text messages. You could also frame it or place it on your walls.
4. “Don’t be embarrassed by who you are. They’re going to judge you no matter what you do.”
You cannot change what other people think of you. All you can do is try your best and live your life. What everyone else thinks is up to them.
5. “And we are in bed together laughing and we don’t care about anything…” -Charles Bukowski
If you are lucky, you may have someone that can lie in bed laughing with you. Once you have found that person, keep them close to you.
6. “Stop worrying about people that aren’t worried about you.”
People waste a lot of time worrying about what other people are saying or gossiping about. You will get a lot of relief by just not caring anymore.
7. “The less you give a da**, the happier you will be.”
I have no clue who first said this quote, but it is right on point.
8. “I’m done. I’m done texting you first. I’m done hoping you’ll call and I’m done crying myself to sleep. You’re just not worth it anymore.”
If you just went through a breakup, you can probably sympathize with this message. You have spent so much time invested in a relationship that did not go anywhere, and you deserve to just relax.
9. “If you want to live, stop asking permission – do it now and regret later.”
Most of the things that people regret in life are the things that they did not do. Live completely and live without regrets.
10. “I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.” -Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel sums up the I don’t care quotes perfectly.
11. “Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.”
I am not sure that this is entirely accurate, but it always helps to stop focusing on what other people think.
12. “Anytime someone tells me I can’t do something, I want to do it more.” -Taylor Swift
If you are looking for a celebrity I don’t care quote, this message by Taylor Swift works. It is also a great inspirational quote to remind you that you can do anything if you set your mind to it.
13. “I’m not heartless, I’ve just learned how to use my heart less.”
Hopefully, you will never have to reach a point in your life where you give up on love. If you are at that point already, this message may fit your circumstances pretty well.
14. “I’ll never stop caring, but if you decide to push me away, I’ll go.”
This quote is designed for those post-breakup moments where you give up. If your partner is not in it for the long-term, there is no reason for you to stick around and hope that they will change their mind.
15. “Heartbreaks fade but they take about a year longer than you expect and by the time they do, you really don’t care about it enough to notice.” -John Mayer
It may seem like your heart will never fully heal, but it will. Stay busy and let your heart heal naturally.
16. “Don’t ever let anyone dull your sparkle.”
If you needed some inspiration, this very simple quote is a great way to brighten your day a bit.
17. “Forget about what everyone else thinks and says. If it makes you happy, do it.”
You can only worry about other people so much. It may seem obvious, but other people are often wrong. You need to focus on yourself and what you want before you ever consider how other people will react.
18. “If I have to chase and fight for your attention, eventually I won’t want it anymore.” -Will Smith
This sums up many relationships perfectly. If you are not one of the main focuses of your boyfriend or girlfriend’s life, then you may need to get a different partner.
19. “One of the greatest mental freedoms is truly not caring what anyone else thinks of you.”
This is a very astute quote.
20. “I don’t care what people think. People are stupid.” -Charles Barkley
Although there are certainly intelligent people out there, there are many people who are just not worth your time.
21. “I don’t care what anybody says about me as long as it isn’t true.” -Truman Capote
Personally, I would rather people gossip about things that I actually said. If you are the opposite, then Truman Capote’s quote will suit you.
22. “Care less, smile more.”
It does not get more basic than this quote.
23. “Life is better when you stop caring too much.”
This I don’t care quote is very accurate.
24. “The moment you stop caring is the moment when things get better. Don’t waste your time trying to please others.”
You only have so much time on this earth. With so little time to live, you have to get out there and start doing the things that you want to do.
25. “Sometimes to get someones attention you have to stop giving them yours.”
If you are always the one to text and call, you can get taken for granted.
26. “Just a reminder, what other people think of you is none of your business.”
It has been said in other quotes, but this sentiment remains accurate.
27. “No matter what they say about you, just be yourself.”
Be yourself because everyone else is already taken.
28. “Sometimes, you just have to stop caring,you have to turn off all emotion and feeling to protect yourself from getting hurt.”
At some point, you will have to open up yourself to the possibility of getting hurt. For now, it is okay if you just want to prevent heartbreak.
29. “My friend blamed me for something which I didn’t do. I didn’t care and just got on with my life because I knew some people are idiots they have problems which are not my problems.”
It might be longer than the other messages, but it is fairly accurate.
30. “Stop caring about what people think about you. live your life, chase your dreams.”
For an inspirational message, check out this one.
31. “The easiest way to avoid getting hurt is to stop caring but not caring is the hardest thing to do.”
Even if your goal is to stop caring, it is not always possible for you to be completely nonchalant.
32. “The day we stop crying is the day we stop caring.”
Life has a mixture of happiness and pain. When you stop experiencing pain and sadness, it means that you are no longer caring about the things that happen in your life.
33. “One of the best feelings in the world is when you stop caring about things that used to bother you.”
Letting go of petty disagreements and problems always feels great.
34. “When you are truly comfortable in your own skin, not everyone will like you, but you won’t care one bit!”
It is impossible to please everyone. Your charisma and personality may attract some people, and it can turn off others. Rather than try to play the impossible juggling game of pleasing everyone, just stop caring.
35. “When you stop caring that’s when they wanna start caring.”
Unfortunately, this is often true. Boyfriends and girlfriends often stop taking you for granted once you stop caring about the relationship.
36. “Do what makes you happy and don’t care what others think.”
Do it! Whatever makes you happy or excited, just go out there and do it!
37. “Sometimes the only choice left to do is to stop caring. Make a pace and move forward no matter how it hurts because there is no reason to stay anymore.”
Even if you can only move forward one painful step at a time, you need to keep moving. It is when you stop that your dreams are lost.
38. “Ignore those people who talk about you behind your back, that’s where they belong.”
It might be amusing to think about, but this quote is extremely true. People who waste time gossiping will never move past just talking about other people.
39. “Love is like a plant, it takes time to grow but when you stop caring for it, it slowly dies.”
Even long-term marriages have to keep working at the relationship for it to remain strong. Any good relationship takes effort by both partners.
40. “Don’t be mad because I don’t care anymore. Be mad because I once did, and you were too blind to see.”
If you needed an I don’t care quote to send your boyfriend or girlfriend, this is a good one. Hopefully, it will wake them up to what they have lost.
41. “Sometimes you don’t realize how much you care for someone until they stop caring for you.”
This is unfortunately true. Most people do not realize what they have lost until it is impossible for them to ever get it back.
42. “I gave you more chances then I should have so now I’m finally walking away.”
If you needed a different message to send to your girlfriend or boyfriend, this one will also do the trick.
43. “Life ends when you stop dreaming. Love ends when you stop caring. Friendship ends when you stop sharing.” -Tyson Gentry
Tyson Gentry has poetically and succinctly summed up the way that you should live your life. Dream, care and share for a better life.
44. “Crying over a guy? Nah, pick your head up princess your tiara is falling.”
If your boyfriend cannot recognize a good thing when he sees it, then he does not deserve you. You are better off on your own. Stand strong!
45. “Don’t hold onto something if you know it’s no longer there.”
Once your goal, relationship or friendship is over, you do not need to hold onto it anymore.
46. “Save it for your new girl, cause I just don’t care anymore.”
For another text to send an ex, this one is one of the best.
47. “You don’t have to care about everything around you. Some things are best to be left ignored.”
If you are an over-caring, over-generous person, then you need to remember this quote.
48. “If you stop caring, you’re jaded, but if you care too much, it’ll ruin you.”
You need to walk the fine line between caring a little and caring too much. Protect yourself while still caring for the people around you.
49. “When I stop caring, that’s when you should start worrying.”
Now I am worried—worrying about what!?!?!?
50. “The older you get the more you stop caring about things you thought you would never stop caring about.”
This is true. As you grow up, your interests narrow and you only really care about your passions. Other things just stop being as important to you.