50 Disappointment Quotes
Disappointments are a part of life- unfortunately. These 50 quotes will help you get by!
- Sometimes we create our own heartbreaks through expectation.
So very true! Sometimes we expect way too much, then get disappointed when we don’t get it. This doesn’t mean set low expectations, but set realistic ones.
- You will end up really disappointed if you think people will do for you as you do for them. Not everyone has the same heart as you.
Unbelievably true. Remember, just because you have a kind and caring heart, doesn’t mean everyone else does; a very harsh truth!
- I hate when you’re so excited for something but then it ends up not happening.
A very terrible letdown indeed.
- Sometimes you don’t need to hear their excuses or what they have to say for themselves because their actions already spoke the truth.
Actions speak louder than words!
- I waited and waited. For minutes. For hours. For days. But all I had was silence. And with the absence of your words, I took it as an answer.
Because sometimes silence truly says it all.
- It’s amazing how quickly your mood can change, how deep your heart can sink and how much one person can affect you.
It’s crazy how other people you care about can really affect your overall mood!
- Things are as they are, we suffer because we imagined different.
Sometimes things simply do not work out the way we planned them, but even though it may be a regular ordeal, it is always disappointing to some degree.
- Don’t ask me why I’m treating you cold, I’m not. I just quit trying and expecting. I’m tired of getting my hopes up and being disappointed.
Sometimes you have to give up on people when they constantly let you down; don’t feel bad!
- Isn’t it sad when you get hurt so much, you can finally say “I’m used to it”.
That is unbelievably sad, and nothing a human should ever have to say; unfortunately we find ourselves saying it all too often these days.
- Sometimes when you get disappointment is makes you stronger. –Daid Rudisha
See, there actually is an upside to being disappointed; it helps you grow stronger!
- Assuming is the root of all disappointments. –Rogienel Reyes
So true! Never assume things, always make sure everything is clear.
- One’s best success comes after their greatest disappointments. –Henry Ward Beecher
May be hard to realize when you’re struggling through the disappointment, but this is actually very true. Hang in there, there may be something better on the other side!
- After being disappointed so many times, you start to lose hope in everything.
That’s what happens when we become so disappointed; we lose all hope. It’s a shame! Remember to stay strong through it all!
- Disappointment is really just a term for our refusal to look on the bright side. –Richelle E. Goodrich
Wow! If this isn’t a bolt of lightning truth, then I don’t know what is. Keep this quote handy- you may find it helps you through a REALLY difficult time, because it’s so true! Always think of the positives even through hard times.
- Save the excuses. It’s not about ‘having time’ it’s about making time. If it matters, you will make time.
This is absolutely correct!
- I’ve been having a lot of bad days lately.
Sometimes our disappointments come in waves, and sometimes they happen all at once. The key is to remain positive through it all, the days will get better.
- The more loyal you are, the more disappointment you encounter and experience.
The trick is to find someone as loyal as you are; which can be quite a difficult task.
- Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them.
Always remember not everyone can be as sweet as you!
- I’m sad, hurt, angry, mad, disappointed. But you know what? I will put on a happy face and move on. It will hurt but I will survive.
That’s right! You WILL survive and you WILL get through this.
- It hurts to let go, but sometimes it hurts more to hold on.
This is one of those hard pills to swallow. Relationships are undoubtedly tricky, and we want to hold on to someone we think we love, but sometimes that’s not the best choice- and that just SUCKS!
- It’s sad when you realize you aren’t as important to someone as you thought you were.
Definitely one of the hardest things you may ever have to deal with. We all just want to be loved, and it hurts to find out you’re not as loved as you thought you were. Hurts deeply, doesn’t it!
- Disappointment is just the action of your brain readjusting itself to reality after discovering things are not the way you thought they were. –Brad Warner
An interesting way to look at disappointments, but a true one at that! Thanks Brad!
- Disappointments are just God’s way to saying “I’ve got something better”. Be patient, live life, have faith.
For my religious readers out there who need a little bit of Jesus in their life to help with disappointments!
- Disappointment is a sort of bankruptcy- the bankruptcy of a soul that expends too much in hope and expectation. –Eric Hoffer
A pretty neat way to describe disappointments, and it really couldn’t b29.e any more spot on!
- The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way. –Robert Kiyosaki
This is so true, because disappointments are bound to pop up in our lives from time to time, we just need to learn how to deal with them properly!
- Most things disappoint till you look deeper. –Grahan Greene
You know what? I’m in love with this quote- and you should be too! Sometimes a disappointment is really a blessing in disguise, we just need to look harder at the situation. A great way to turn something terrible into something positive!
- I’m never shocked when people let me down nowadays. I just hate the fact that I put myself in a position to be let down in the first place.
It sucks when you actually get USED to being disappointed; kind of makes you lose hope in things rather quickly. BUT DON’T! Always hold on to hope.
- Suspense is worse than disappointment. –Robert Burns
Isn’t this SO true? I rather be in suspense about something, not knowing what’s going to happen, than to be disappointed by something that has happened. But really, both things are just a part of life whether they’re good or bad!
- Disappointment is the nurse of wisdom. –Sir Bayle Roche
Another amazing quote to have nearby, because it’s very inspirational and positive; and it’s very true too! When we are disappointed by something, we also learn from the situation which makes us wiser in the long run. See? There is a few good things that come out of being disappointed, even if we don’t see it right away.
- You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy.
It’s true, and even if it’s really hard to let it go, it needs to be done. You might not see it right away, but your life will benefit greatly in the long run by getting rid of heavy problems and people.
- You treated me like an option so I left like a choice.
That is really the best thing to do when someone is treating you like an option; even though it is disappointed, LEAVE!
- Disappointments are not meant to destroy you; they are meant to strengthen you.
Yes, yes, a million times, YES!
- It was one of those times you feel a sense of loss, even though you didn’t have something in the first place. I guess that’s what disappointment is- a sense of loss for something you never had. –Deb Caletti, the Nature of Jade
Wow, this is a beautiful quote and it’s ridiculously true! We really only get disappointed about losing things we never really had in the first place.
- Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.
It’s true, sometimes we just end up being alone for awhile because we get so sick and tired of constant disappointments from others!
- Hope, but never expect. Look forward, but never wait.
Two very true statements: also have hope and always look forward, but don’t expect anything and don’t wait around for something that may not happen- brilliant!
- One of the worst feelings in the world is having to doubt something you thought was unquestionable.
A very big letdown if you ask me!
- There’s only so many times you can allow someone to let you down before you will no longer tolerate being disappointed. When things go wrong between two people, something has got to give. You get to the point where you get tired of being the only one trying to fix things, it’s not giving up, it’s realizing you had enough. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts. –Brigitte Nicole
Love this! A great reminder for us all.
- Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the single person you thought would never hurt you.
Undoubtedly one of the worst feelings in the world, that’s for sure.
- Expectation is the root of all heartache. –William Shakespeare
Disappointment has been around since the beginning of time. Also, William Shakespeare always hasn’t something amazing to say, doesn’t he?
- I don’t hate you. I’m just disappointed you turned into everything you said you’d never be.
People change, sometimes for better and sometimes for worse; but it sure does hurt when people change for the worse AND do the things they said they would NEVER do.
- It sucks, doesn’t it? Feeling like you’re not good enough.
This is undoubtedly one of the worst feelings in the world. But hey, I am here to tell you that YOU ARE ENOUGH. Even though it may not feel that way, you are certainly worth it and you’re good enough. Don’t look down on yourself because of something someone else did!
- Sometimes, just when I think I know people, they disappoint me in ways I never thought they could.
It’s truly hard when someone changes or breaks your trust, but unfortunately it happens a lot more often than it should.
- The sad thing is, I actually thought you were different.
It’s terrible when you thing you’ve found someone ‘different’ and they turn out to be just like the rest.
- Never trust a person that has let you down more than 2 times. Once was a warning, twice was a lesson and anything more than that is simply taking advantage.
Oh, so true!
- When someone shows you their true colors, don’t try to paint a different picture.
At that point you are setting yourself up to be disappointed, really!
- Each pain makes you stronger, each betrayal more intelligent, every disappointment more skillful and each experience more wise.
- Nothing annoys me more than when someone expects you to be okay with something that they wouldn’t be okay with if you did it.
Definitely something very annoying!
- If I am to meet with a disappointment, the sooner I know it, the more of life I shall have to wear it off. –Thomas Jefferson
That’s right, so don’t feel too bad about finding disappointments!
- We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment. –Jim Rohn
- Disappoint anyone, disappoint everyone, just don’t disappoint yourself.
Yes! Never let yourself down!
What’s your favorite disappointment quote?
- 40 Good And Cute Questions To Ask A Guy You Like
When getting to know the guy you are interested it,...
- Posted September 20, 2013
- 50 I Miss You Messages for Him
When he is away, it seems like the world is...
- Posted April 23, 2017
- 7 Vegan Meal Replacement Powders That Taste Great
More and more people are trying to drift away from...
- What does it mean when a guy calls you baby girl?
Ladies, let’s face it: there are a lot of adorable...
- 10 Signs a Guy Likes You but Is Too Scared to Tell You
You have this guy in your life, but you can’t...
- The 50 Best Disney Movies of the 21st Century (2000-2017)
If you grew up with movies, chances are you watched...
- How to Curl Thick Hair
Thick hair is a blessing- and a curse, sometimes. While...
- Posted April 16, 2017
- 120 Sweet, Romantic Words For Your Love
They say action speaks louder than words, but there are...
- Posted April 14, 2017