30 Best Marilyn Monroe Quotes to Inspire You
Marilyn Monroe was undoubtedly one of the biggest stars of all time. The beautiful blonde bombshell was not only the hottest sex symbol to rock the world of Hollywood- she was also a fragile, delicate, and lovable individual who just wanted to love and be loved. She remains as one of the most inspirational people of all time, and you can see why with these beautiful, inspiring, and sometimes silly quotes.
1. “I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
Many people thought- and still think- that Marilyn Monroe was perfect. Why wouldn’t you? She seemed to look absolutely perfect 24/7. But even Marilyn Monroe could admit that she had flaws. She also admits that someone who can’t accept her at her worst, shouldn’t have her at her best. This is a great reminder that we shouldn’t ever settle for less. Only keep people around who except us for who we are- the good AND the bad!
2. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
This is a wonderful reminder that it’s okay to be ourselves. It’s okay to be a little bit crazy and a little bit silly, and it’s absolutely okay to show our wild side and have a good time. Forget what others may think- be yourself; your wild, oh-so-crazy self!
3. “Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.”
This is somewhat of a silly quote- but hey, it’s true! Remember that every morning, you should put on your favorite shoes and conquer the world and everything it has to set in front of you. And if you don’t have the right shoes, it’s a great excuse to go shopping!
4. “I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.”
Yes, it’s true. Marilyn Monroe was not perfect. She had many flaws, and all she really wanted in the end, was someone to love. We need to remember that we aren’t perfect either, but we should never stop looking for someone to care and love for.
5. “It’s better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone – so far.”
Sometimes we stay in relationships just because we are afraid to be alone. This is a solid reminder that we shouldn’t be afraid to be alone. It’s a waste of time and energy to stay in something that makes us unhappy, when we should be spending that time finding happiness in ourselves and someone else.
6. “Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn’t that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you”.
This particular quote should inspire you to treat people better. Instead of being envious about what others have, focus on the things you have the successes you have. If everyone viewed success in others this way, the world would be a much better place. Why not make the world a bit brighter and make a positive change for our world?
7. “I am trying to find myself. Sometimes that’s not easy.”
Wow, this couldn’t be any more true. And hearing from a woman who we all thought had it all, it’s even more powerful. Marilyn Monroe may have seemed like she had everything she always wanted- and got it with ease, too. But even she went through the struggles of every other person on this planet. She struggled to find herself, and she knew that life was hard. But she kept going- and that’s what we should do too.
8. “We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle.”
The next time you’re feeling low and down about yourself, remember this beautiful quote. Remember that you are a STAR and you DESERVE to twinkle- just because you’re YOU.
9. “A smart girl leaves before she is left.”
This is another wonderful quote for ladies in a relationship. If you’re sticking around waiting for things to change or get better, knowing full well that in the end it isn’t going to work out, the best thing you can do is leave. Don’t be the girl who was left- be the girl who was smart enough to leave her unhappiness behind her.
10. “Fear is stupid. So are regrets.”
Might seem like a really short and to-the-point quote, but sometimes those are the best. I mean, after all, just reread that quote. Could it be any truer? Could there be any more depth wound into those 6 little words? This quote is a wonderful reminder that we shouldn’t live in fear, and we shouldn’t have any regrets. Yes, we should learn from our mistakes. But looking back and regretting our past is just a waste of time. Look towards the future!
11. “We should all start to live before we get too old”.
Because sometimes we get so caught up in working, making money, and buying things, that we completely forget to sit back, relax, and have fun. Remember to take things easy and have the time of your life before you end up older, looking back and wishing you would’ve done certain things!
12. “A woman knows by intuition, or instinct, what is best for herself.”
A great quote for the ladies. Never forget you are a WOMAN, and you know exactly what you want and what you are feeling. Don’t let others get in the way of that or try to change you. Don’t doubt yourself.
13. “A strong man doesn’t have to be dominant toward a woman. He doesn’t match his strength against a woman weak with love for him. He matches it against the world.”
Marilyn Monroe sure had a lot of wise things to say about relationships, didn’t she. And this is certainly one of them, especially for the woman who are caught in an abusive relationship. Remember, he should be gentle and sweet to you, and the two of you should fight the world together!
14. “One of the best things that ever happened to me is that I’m a woman. That is the way all females should feel.”
I couldn’t have said it any better myself. Woman, remember this. Always.
15. “A career is wonderful, but you can’t curl up with it on a cold night.”
Sometimes we get caught up in a career, that we forget to find love, or we forget to nurture our relationships. Even Marilyn Monroe, with all her success, knew the importance of love- and we should never forget that, either. After all, she’s right. Is your career going to snuggle with you when you come home at night? No.
16. “To all the girl that think you’re fat because you’re not a size zero, you’re the beautiful one, it’s society who’s ugly.”
It’s a shame, but it’s the truth: society focuses so much on sizes, and it seems like the smaller the better. But this couldn’t be any further from the truth. EVERYONE is beautiful, and we need to remember that. The next time you’re feeling down about yourself, remember this awesome quote from Marilyn.
17. “Respect is one of life’s greatest treasures. I mean, what does it all add up to if you don’t have that?”
18. “Someone said to me, “If fifty percent of the experts in Hollywood said you had no talent and should give up, what would you do?” My answer was then and still is, “If a hundred percent told me that, all one hundred percent would be wrong”.
That’s just an awesome quote. Definitely inspirational. Even if EVERYONE tells you you’re not good enough, if you believe in yourself, YOU can accomplish ANYTHING.
19. “I used to think as I looked out on the Hollywood night, ‘There must be thousands of girls sitting alone like me dreaming of being a movie star’. But I’m not going to worry about them. I’m dreaming the hardest.”
Because at the end of the day, if you want something, you have to go get it. Even if you’re doing it all on your own.
20. “Sometimes I feel my whole life has been one big rejection”.
I think we’ve all felt like this at one point or another- even Marilyn Monroe had these thoughts. But she kept going- and that’s exactly what we have to do.
21. “Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition”.
Don’t get me wrong, women should be equal with men. But you know what? I like what Marilyn Monroe says. Why settle at just being equal, when we can be even better than that? This is powerful!
22. “If I’d observed all the rules, I’d never have got anywhere.”
I’m not saying go out and break ALL the rules. But sometimes rules have to be broken to follow our dreams.
23. “I’m one of the world’s most self-conscious people. I really have to struggle.”
You probably never, in a million years, have dreamed Marilyn Monroe had issues with herself. Knowing that even the most gorgeous woman on earth had self conscious problems should give you some comfort and ease!
24. “I restore myself when I’m alone. A career is born in public — talent in privacy.”
A little reminder that we should always take time out of our hectic lives for ourselves. To work on our talents and become the best we can be at whatever we are interested in!
25. “How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.”
This is a wonderful, yet subtle reminder that you don’t need anyone- even a man- to build yourself up and become whatever you want to be. Remember that YOU can achieve even your wildest dreams. You just have to keep going and never give up, just like Marilyn Monroe.
26. “I knew how third rate I was. I could actually feel my lack of talent, as if it were cheap clothes I was wearing inside. But, my God, how I wanted to learn, to change, to improve! I didn’t want anything else, not men, not money, not love, but the ability to act.”
Ah, this quote really couldn’t be any truer. I absolutely adore this quote. It’s a perfect reminder that we should always try our very hardest to get what we want. We should always strive for improvements in whatever we do, and we should always be willing to learn. Hard work is KEY!
27. “I’ve been asked, ‘Do you mind living in a man’s world?’ I always answer, ‘Not as long as I can be a woman in it.’”
That’s right- we should ALWAYS be proud of being a woman, even if it is a ‘man’s world’.
28. “Fame will go by and, so long, I’ve had you fame. If it goes by, I’ve always known it was fickle. So at least it’s something I experience, but it’s not where I live.”
Even if you get where you want to go- whether it be a movie star, a doctor, a lawyer, or a baker- always remember where you came from. Remember the things that are important in life like love, family, and friends. Don’t get lost in your success!
29. “What I really want to say: That what the world really needs is a real feeling of kinship… We are all brothers.”
This is beautiful, and such a great reminder that everyone is equal and we should treat each other as so.
30. “I want to grow old without facelifts. I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I have made.”
Basically, Marilyn Monroe is saying that we should be happy with ourselves. We should be able to grow old and look on our past with no regrets. We should be ultimately happy with who we are and what we become so we can grow old without facelifts- on the inside or on the outside.
What’s your favorite Marilyn Monroe quote?
- 40 Good And Cute Questions To Ask A Guy You Like
When getting to know the guy you are interested it,...
- Posted September 20, 2013
- 50 I Miss You Messages for Him
When he is away, it seems like the world is...
- Posted April 23, 2017
- 7 Vegan Meal Replacement Powders That Taste Great
More and more people are trying to drift away from...
- What does it mean when a guy calls you baby girl?
Ladies, let’s face it: there are a lot of adorable...
- 10 Signs a Guy Likes You but Is Too Scared to Tell You
You have this guy in your life, but you can’t...
- The 50 Best Disney Movies of the 21st Century (2000-2017)
If you grew up with movies, chances are you watched...
- How to Curl Thick Hair
Thick hair is a blessing- and a curse, sometimes. While...
- Posted April 16, 2017
- 120 Sweet, Romantic Words For Your Love
They say action speaks louder than words, but there are...
- Posted April 14, 2017