50 Being Single Quotes
If you are new to being single, don’t fret! Being single is a great experience. It allows you to grow as a person and explore new hobbies or interests. The following 50 being single quotes were created with you in mind. As you adjust to your new situation, you can use these quotes for inspiration and guidance. If you have a favorite that was not included on the list, make sure to leave a comment with it at the bottom of the article!
1. “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.” -Leo Buscaglia
You do not need much to be happy. A few good friends is all that it takes.
2. “I’m not single and I’m not committed. I’m simply on reserve for the one who deserves me.”
Don’t give in to the pressures of being in a relationship. Find the right person before you commit.
3. “I have love in my life. I just don’t have a relationship, and that feels really natural right now.” -Taylor Swift
Ignore what other people think and go with the type of life that you feel comfortable with.
4. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” -Buddha
It might not be a traditional being single quote, but it works. Share your happiness with your friends and family, and your happiness will only be increased.
5. “Single doesn’t mean you don’t know anything about love, it just means you know enough to wait for it!”
This is a very true quote. Many people get into relationships to just be in a relationship. The smarter, more love savvy people are able to wait for the right person.
6. “February can be one of the loneliest times of the year, even for those who are normally comfortable being single.”
February 14 has been nicknamed single awareness day for a reason.
7. “Waiting for someone else to make you happy is the best way to be sad.”
You will never be able to have consistent, maintainable happiness if you expect to get all of your positive feelings from a relationship. You have to be happy alone before you can truly be happy with someone else.
8. “In a relationship, honesty and trust must exist. If you can’t afford to be honest, stay single.”
For your relationship to work, you have to communicate your thoughts and feelings. Until you can do that, you need to take a step back and wait to have a serious relationship.
9. “Too young for marriage, too old for games and too smart for players.”
It might be fairly casual in its expression, but this quote rings true for many people.
10. “Stop waiting for Prince Charming. Get up and find him. The poor idiot may be stuck in a tree or something.”
If you are looking for a funny being single quote, this one will work for you.
11. “Being single is better than being cheated on, lied to and disrespected.”
This quote is primarily targeted toward people have recently been cheated on, lied to or disrespected.
12. “Loneliness hits the minds of those that thinks they are single and alone. There’s always someone out there waiting patiently for you.”
Somewhere, sometime, you will find the person that you want to be with forever.
13. “I don’t need Prince Charming to have my own happy ending.” -Katy Perry
Katy Perry’s quote is very succinct and makes an excellent point.
14. “Being alone does not mean you are lonely, and being lonely does not mean you are alone.”
Being single can be one of the best experiences of your life if you let it be.
15. “If you are not happy being single, you will never be happy in a relationship. Get your own life first, then share it.”
As we said before, you need to be happy with your own life before you can add someone else to it.
16. “Being single is a gift, take time to learn more about it and to enjoy it. You will find every reason not to be single again once you embrace all of its concepts with solutions!” -Merle Rutledge
It might be one of the longer being single quotes, but it still carries a valuable life lesson.
17. “I like being single. I’m always there when I need me.”
Unfortunately, the only person that you can truly depend on is often yourself.
18. “Yes, I’m alone. But I’m alone and free. “ -Elsa (Frozen)
Most Disney characters are not the source of valuable life lessons. Elsa is apparently the exception.
19. “Being single does not mean no one wants you, it just means that God is busy writing your love story.”
This is a beautiful way to think of being single.
20. “When you’re single, all you see are happy couples. When you’re committed, all you see are happy singles.”
This is a more modern version of the old adage, “The grass is always greener on the other side”.
21. “Use the opportunity of being single to love yourself and focus on making you a better person.”
22. “I recommend to all my friends that they be alone for a while. When you spend a few years being who you are, completely unbiased, you can figure out what you actually want.” -Taylor Swift
The time from high school to college graduation is spent growing as a person. If you are always in a relationship, you will never be able to fully grow as a person.
23. “I’m technically single but my heart is taken by someone I can’t call my own.”
This is never a good situation to be in. When someone you love is in a relationship with someone else, you can only wait and hope that a new love interest comes along.
24. “No, I am not single. I am in a long distance relationship because my boyfriend lives in the FUTURE.”
Although this is a great way to think of it, it obviously has some logistical flaws.
25. “All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.” -Winston Churchill
It might be a bit off topic, but Churchill’s quote is true. A relationship is not listed anywhere in his quote because you need those other feelings first.
26. “Everybody’s has a boyfriend or a girlfriend and I’m just like “I love food”.”
Sometimes, food is much better than being in a relationship.
27. “She was stronger alone.” -Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility
She may have written this being single quote hundreds of years ago, but it is still relevant.
28. “I think the strangest thing that exists, is how there are billion of people on the planet and yet, so many people can spend their whole lives looking for somebody to love and never, ever find that.”
This is a very strange thing when you think of it. With half of marriages ending in a divorce, it is a little less odd than it would have seemed at one point in time.
29. “Single doesn’t mean lonely. Single means you’re preparing for the arrival of a BETTER love.”
While you are single, use your time to prepare yourself for a better relationship.
30. “Choosing to be single isn’t selfish, it’s just smarter to be alone than with the WRONG person.”
Being with the wrong person is nothing but stress, arguments and tension. Choosing to be single is a much better decision.
31. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” -Aristotle
Being single quotes do not get better than this!
32. “The joys of being single: Do what you want, when you want, with whom you want, for whatever reason you want and never have to justify it to anyone.”
This reminds of the old poem that starts with “When I am old, I will do as I please”.
33. “I choose to be single because I’m not desperate be in a relationship.”
I think many people share this sentiment.
34. “No matter how many times I say I don’t need a boyfriend, my heart still craves to love someone truly.”
Even though you know that you are better being single, remaining single is not always easy.
35. “As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.” -Henry David Thoreau
While you are single, you have the chance to make the mental thoughts and habits that you want for your entire life.
36. “As a body everyone is single, as a soul never.” -Hermann Hesse
We all share in our humanity, our joys and our suffering.
37. “I have stepped off the relationship scene to come to terms with myself. I have spent most of my adult life being ‘someone’s girlfriend’, and now I am happy being single.” -Penelope Cruz
If you have never gotten the chance to be single, you should follow Penelope Cruz’s lead and enjoy it.
38. “Being single doesn’t mean anything is wrong with you- it simply means that there is a bigger picture unfolding in your life.”
Being in a relationship is not the entire goal of your life. You are a complex person who deserves the chance to have other interests and passions.
39. “I would be married, but I’d have no wife, I would be married to a single life.” -Charles Bukowski
If you wanted a poetic quote, this one is perfect.
40. “Being single doesn’t necessarily mean you’re available. Sometimes you have to put up a sign that says, “Do Not Disturb” on your heart.” -Wiz Khalifa
You do not expect a rapper to be a good love doctor, but this quote is great.
41. “Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.”
Keep this message in mind while you are still getting over your breakup.
42. “I’ve been single for a while and I have to say. It’s going very well. Like…it’s working out. I think I am the one.” -Emily Heller
If you can love yourself, you are truly a fortunate person.
43. “Sometimes you have to stand alone to prove that you can still stand.”
You will never know what you are capable of if someone else is always doing it for you.
44. “If you’re single, focus on being a better you instead of looking for someone better than your ex. A better you will attract a better next.”
This sums it up perfectly: often, we attract our equals. If you are a better, more dynamic person, you will attract that type of partner.
45. “Maybe some girls are not meant to be tamed. Maybe they are supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with.”
This quote is pretty enough to frame.
46. “Being single is a choice. Some say it’s to avoid heartbreaks or love problems, but some choose to be single because they are still in love with someone secretly.”
Not everyone is single because of a breakup. Often, people choose to be single so that they can do what they want and wait for the right person.
47. “There isn’t a single human being who hasn’t plenty to cry over, and the trick is to make the laughs outweigh the tears.” -Dorothy Dix
Whenever you feel down, remember to take some time to laugh and enjoy yourself. Flip on a comedy movie or go to a comedy club—you deserve happiness.
48. “Stay single until someone compliments your life in a way that it makes it better to not be single. If not, it’s not worth it.”
This is a great way to look at it. If your date does not add and improve your life, they are not worth your time.
49. “Cinderella never asked for a prince. She asked for a night off and a dress.” -Kiera Cass
We cannot all be Cinderellas, but we can try to be a little more like her.
50. “If you aren’t happy single,you wont be happy taken. Happiness comes from within not from men.”
Happiness always lasts the longest when it comes from within yourself.
- 40 Good And Cute Questions To Ask A Guy You Like
When getting to know the guy you are interested it,...
- Posted September 20, 2013
- 50 I Miss You Messages for Him
When he is away, it seems like the world is...
- Posted April 23, 2017
- 7 Vegan Meal Replacement Powders That Taste Great
More and more people are trying to drift away from...
- What does it mean when a guy calls you baby girl?
Ladies, let’s face it: there are a lot of adorable...
- 10 Signs a Guy Likes You but Is Too Scared to Tell You
You have this guy in your life, but you can’t...
- The 50 Best Disney Movies of the 21st Century (2000-2017)
If you grew up with movies, chances are you watched...
- How to Curl Thick Hair
Thick hair is a blessing- and a curse, sometimes. While...
- Posted April 16, 2017
- 120 Sweet, Romantic Words For Your Love
They say action speaks louder than words, but there are...
- Posted April 14, 2017